White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by bryghtbeverages

From Celestial Seasonings

Harvested in early springtime in the mountains of eastern China, the leaves of the Bai Mu Dan white teas are gently air-dried to retain their subtle sweetness and delicate, just-picked flavor. Because it’s naturally decaffeinated, you can enjoy the pure flavor and naturally occurring antioxidants of this authentic white tea whenever you like. This product contains all-natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

My husband reminded me that this tea has been naturally decaffeinated (if any process to decaffeinate a tea can be called “natural,” theirs can), so I can have it while I’m nursing and it won’t affect my little girl. :) For a bagged white tea, it’s pretty tasty. I wouldn’t rank it above some of our other white teas, but it’s certainly drinkable. I didn’t sweeten it, which I think helped it. Not sure I wanna know what this tea is like sweetened. >.o

In other news, the hubby and I went on a tour of the Celestial Seasonings factory while we were in Colorado on vacation. :) It was a pretty fun tour, and just what we were looking for—something interesting but not too time-consuming. I’d never been in a tea factory before, and the gift shop afterward was really nice, too.

Bonnie

Nice little tour. Wish I knew you were here since I live pretty close. If you ever come back I can give you some great suggestions for fun things to do and great places for tea!

White tea is often too delicate for my tastes, having grown up on full-bodied black teas. But, I love to use this tea for blending with others to add character. Since it’s naturally decaffinated, I enjoy the opportunity to blend it freely and without reservation. By itself, this tea is a little sweet and lacking any true substance.