English Breakfast Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “Well, my apartment complex's office has a Keurig now. However, I didn't want to be down there any longer than I had to, despite the cookies, so I snagged the pod and got the hell out. The...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes
  • “St. Elias Specialty Hospital serves this tea alongside Green Mountain coffees in their little Keurig stand. It's the only tea they have (and they've also discontinued serving hot cocoa, which would...” Read full tasting note
    Calochortus 84 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

This tea evokes the flavors of a great teatime tradition. Celestial Seasonings blends the highest quality black teas from Assam and Kenya for a robust, full-bodied brew with a bright floral note. Stir in a touch of imagination and you’ll be on your way to merry old England!

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Well, my apartment complex’s office has a Keurig now. However, I didn’t want to be down there any longer than I had to, despite the cookies, so I snagged the pod and got the hell out.

The leaves are not in good shape at all, crushed to pieces about the size of sugar in the raw. However, that might have something to do with it being compatible with the Keurig, so I’m not complaining. I brewed them in a steel infuser instead and got what I assume are the same (if not similar) results.

This is a little weaker than what I’ve been having lately, as far as black teas go. The flavors are very straightforward and a little coarse, but it gets the job done. I think Adagio’s English Breakfast was much better. Anyway, this is a fairly boring tea, but I wouldn’t turn it down if it were free again.

St. Elias Specialty Hospital serves this tea alongside Green Mountain coffees in their little Keurig stand. It’s the only tea they have (and they’ve also discontinued serving hot cocoa, which would be wonderful with the 3 ft of snow we already have and the 2+ ft we’re supposed to get). I finally tried it in a clean paper cup, so I’m finally comfortable rating it.

It’s ok. I’m left feeling like I want more, though. I personally think it’s more about the Keurig machine than the leaves, though. The flavor is a bit difficult to put a finger on, and it’s pretty weak for a black breakfast tea. However, I have been a bit under the weather, so maybe it’s more a personal thing than a tea thing.

I’d have this tea again just so I don’t have to have coffee anymore. However, I personally like to bring my own teabag and get hot water from the Keurig machine. If only they also served 2% milk besides half and half….