Sleepytime Vanilla

Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Lemongrass, Rose Buds, Spearmint, Vanilla
Fruit Tree Flowers, Sweet, Vanilla, Flowers
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “My last pot of the evening...so glad that my conference is in town this week!! It means I get to sleep in a smidge, and that I didn't have to abandon Chloe (what, has nobody else named their...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “I am comparing Sleepytime Vanilla tonight with a fresh box of Honey Vanilla Chamomile. My verdict is that Sleepytime Vanilla is a more appealing chamomile blend. This is an interesting result...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1391 tasting notes
  • “From http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/2378/tea-review-celestial-seasonings-sleepytime-vanilla-3/ - It's all About the Leaf - go read more reviews! I have a confession. I consider myself an...” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes
  • “Herbal tisane of the evening here, taking care of myself big time includes plenty of rest and relaxation! You know, I think I like the regular Sleepytime better than this, the vanilla doesn't do...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2586 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“Vanilla lovers, rejoice! We’ve added the creamy, nutty flavor of rich vanilla to Sleepytime’s beloved blend of floral chamomile, cool spearmint and lively lemongrass. With its comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor, Sleepytime Vanilla is an exquisitely soothing new way for you to wind down your day.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Ingredients:
Chamomile, spearmint, west indian lemongrass, natural french vanilla flavor, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I like this quite a bit better than regular Sleepytime, the vanilla (for me) helps ease off that chamomile taste that I hate so much. I steep mine for an undecided amount of time that equals out to ‘whenever I get back to it’. I call it done when its a nice darkish honey color.

Not one of the ones I drink terribly often but there’s something really comforting about it to me.

Boiling 8 min or more

Perfect tea for right before I go to bed. It calms and soothes the nerves without being overbearing :)

A pleasant enough alternative to the original Sleepytime of my childhood. Like many others have already mentioned, Sleepytime is like an old, well-loved security blanket. Sleepytime Vanilla makes me feel like somebody took my blanky, sloshed it around in some vanilla-flavored washing machine, and handed it back to me, swearing it was better now that it was all clean.

I didn’t find the vanilla scent off-putting, but it made me suspicious. Once I snuggled closer (and added a teaspoon of organic honey)… yeah, it’s my old blanky, but it doesn’t taste like it had been dragged through the spearmint field and left to bake in the sun in the same, familiar way. Is this a good thing? A bad thing?

Maybe I’ll just rub the satin edging between my fingers awhile longer and see if I can make friends with a new-ish blanky. Change isn’t always bad, but as soon as Mom isn’t looking, I’m gonna run off to the spearmint field.

This is super amazing. I love normal sleepytime, but this vanilla blend is scrumptious. :)

I tried to review this last night and Steepster froze, so trying again. I used to make this with microwaved water back in the day. My husband is feeling under the weather so I brewed it using my tea kettle. What a difference! This has a unique flavor that I can’t quite place- maybe a blend of chamomile, vanilla, and other herbs? It is sweet, soft, soothing.. sleepytime is the perfect name. Doesn’t taste fakey or overly flavored for a night brew. I found it quite enjoyable- might be my favorite herbal so far. Not bad for an inexpensive grocery store pick-up!

Flavors: Fruit Tree Flowers, Sweet, Vanilla

K S

I avoided Celestial Seasonings for years because the packaging is too cutesy for my tastes but it turns out I have enjoyed pretty much everything I have tried. I do wish they would lose the spearmint altogether or switch it for peppermint. I must be in the minority as they aren’t budging.

Nightshifter

I can understand why you’d prefer peppermint, but on the bright side it isn’t strong in this tea at all- I couldn’t even tell it was there until you mentioned it! :)

Sipdown!

If I didn’t have a million other teas to drink, I would totally restock this one immediately. I loved it! So much better than the original Sleepytime. This was a stroke of brilliance by Celestial Seasonings, adding vanilla to this iconic blend.

The vanilla just adds another dimension to it— makes it feel like a treat.

I will be buying more of this— after I get my other teas sipped down.

So, as I sit here with my glass (because mugs are overrated) of Sleepytime Vanilla I smile. Even if tonight will be another of those (all-too-common) nights spent awake, I’ll at least have pleasant company. Not at all strong in any way, apart from the vanilla scent, this tea is surprisingly drinkable. Without the dusty taste of many chamomiles, and without the overbearing artificial taste of many peppermints, this tea blend has almost a chai feel to it. Perfect for ridding the body of the days toxins and preparing for whatever the world hits you up with next.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I’m almost out, which means I really need to go buy some more real soon, because I can’t end a day without my nighttime tea. I steeped this tonight with about a tsp of herbal infusions vanilla cacao tea. Yummy! It added a hint of chocolate, which complimented the vanillamintiness so deliciously. And the smell of the two together, mmm. So comfy smelling.

We took my son to the zoo last week during his Spring Break.. we only visited… didn’t stay, and they didn’t try to keep us either :) On the way home we stopped for dinner and there was a Whole Foods grocery nearby. I somehow managed to get my Hubby and son to take me there … Yeah! I was hoping to find some loose leaf blends, but didn’t find too much I was interested in. It certainly didn’t help that my belly was full.

When we got to the tea section we all took a look around to see if there was anything that peaked our interest. My son found this and exclaimed, “Look Mom, Sleepytime w/Vanilla!” I asked him if he’d like to try it and he immediately said yes.

We got this out this week and he is really enjoying it. He has stepped aside from his normal Sweat Dreams-Bigelow and will occasionally ask for Winter Nog-Della Terra, but since we purchased this it has become his new favorite.

The other night when I was done steeping a cup for him I decided to attempt a resteep of his for myself. It was weak but enjoyable so I went for another cup… fresh tea bag.

I really like this version of Sleepytime. It is the same blend I remember but it has a great vanilla creaminess that adds so much richness and smoothingness (like my new word?) that I feel like I grew up and found the big kid version of the tea I drank as a kid, not that it tastes of liquor, but that it’s like my old version matured and grew up. I can see why so many here have posted good reviews of it.. & I hope I can find it locally so I can keep it stocked for my son-and the occasion cup for myself :)

Marzipan

Walmart carries it near me.

carol who

That’s how I felt, too. I had kind of burned out on Sleepytime years ago (actually in the 80’s) and hadn’t had it since. The vanilla is a really good addition. I drink it all the time now. :)I can find it in most grocery stores around me which makes it even better.

Suziqzer

I’ll have to look next time I’m at the grocery. One of them should have it I would expect. I hadn’t really looked for it yet, I was planning on trying to find it when we were about out od the regular. I haven’t noticed it anywhere when there have been sales, but I think it was good for my son to find it… It makes it more special to him.

I have a box of this thanks to Angrboda, who at one point last year, had begged anyone with access to it, to send her some. I bought up what was in stock at a store down the street (five boxes), and sent her four, plus a handful of samples. While looking for Tension Tamer tonight, I found this (surprise!) and decided to crack it open and try it.

Wowzie wowza, no sweetener needed, this is one strong, sweet, vanilla/herbal tea. I grew up on plain Sleepytime, and loved it… this is quite different, yet still good. I taste more chamomile than in the regular blend, some sort of maybe berry leaf (I want to say blackberry, that’s what it’s reminding me of) and then kaPOW vanilla. It’s too sweet now because I added a touch of liquid stevia, however the smell is divine…

Angrboda

I find I definitely prefer this over the regular Sleepytime. I’m glad you could help me so I could try it. I’ve since found a shop where I can buy it locally, though, so I’m not longer afraid of running out. I’ve also, through the large CS selection in that same shop, got to try their honey vanilla chamomile which I think is quite similar to this one, only without mint. Both Husband and I are enjoying that one too. :)

Suziqzer

I haven’t this one yet, but like you, grew up on the regular Sleepytime. Haven’t tried the vanilla version yet, but sounds like I need to look for it. ;).

We tried the kids version… . Non of the three of us will drink it hot. Gonna have to try it cold steeped and see if it works that way.

Marzipan

I saw a Sleepytime Peach somewhere also.

Angrboda

I’ve seen that one too in Aforementioned Shop. I’ve been considering trying it out of a weird sense of completionism, but I’m sceptical about the peach. That’s an unpredictable flavour in teas/herbals for me.