Sleepytime Vanilla

Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Lemongrass, Rose Buds, Spearmint, Vanilla
Fruit Tree Flowers, Sweet, Vanilla, Flowers
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “My last pot of the evening…so glad that my conference is in town this week!! It means I get to sleep in a smidge, and that I didn’t have to abandon Chloe (what, has nobody else named...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “I am comparing Sleepytime Vanilla tonight with a fresh box of Honey Vanilla Chamomile. My verdict is that Sleepytime Vanilla is a more appealing chamomile blend. This is an interesting result...” Read full tasting note
    shera-pop 1732 tasting notes
  • “From http://www.itsallabouttheleaf.com/2378/tea-review-celestial-seasonings-sleepytime-vanilla-3/ – It’s all About the Leaf – go read more reviews! I have a confession....” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes
  • “Herbal tisane of the evening here, taking care of myself big time includes plenty of rest and relaxation! You know, I think I like the regular Sleepytime better than this, the vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2765 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“Vanilla lovers, rejoice! We’ve added the creamy, nutty flavor of rich vanilla to Sleepytime’s beloved blend of floral chamomile, cool spearmint and lively lemongrass. With its comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor, Sleepytime Vanilla is an exquisitely soothing new way for you to wind down your day.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Ingredients:
Chamomile, spearmint, west indian lemongrass, natural french vanilla flavor, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I like this quite a bit better than regular Sleepytime, the vanilla (for me) helps ease off that chamomile taste that I hate so much. I steep mine for an undecided amount of time that equals out to ‘whenever I get back to it’. I call it done when its a nice darkish honey color.

Not one of the ones I drink terribly often but there’s something really comforting about it to me.

Boiling 8 min or more

Perfect tea for right before I go to bed. It calms and soothes the nerves without being overbearing :)

A pleasant enough alternative to the original Sleepytime of my childhood. Like many others have already mentioned, Sleepytime is like an old, well-loved security blanket. Sleepytime Vanilla makes me feel like somebody took my blanky, sloshed it around in some vanilla-flavored washing machine, and handed it back to me, swearing it was better now that it was all clean.

I didn’t find the vanilla scent off-putting, but it made me suspicious. Once I snuggled closer (and added a teaspoon of organic honey)… yeah, it’s my old blanky, but it doesn’t taste like it had been dragged through the spearmint field and left to bake in the sun in the same, familiar way. Is this a good thing? A bad thing?

Maybe I’ll just rub the satin edging between my fingers awhile longer and see if I can make friends with a new-ish blanky. Change isn’t always bad, but as soon as Mom isn’t looking, I’m gonna run off to the spearmint field.

This is super amazing. I love normal sleepytime, but this vanilla blend is scrumptious. :)

I’m not much of an herbal tea drinker, but I like vanilla, and I bought a couple boxes of this a while ago. I can’t taste much vanilla…quite a bit of spearmint flavor…it’s not bad, I’m just not that into spearmint. The flavors do blend fairly well together with the chamomile.

If ever I needed a cup of tea to help relax me, it was tonight. We’ve had the most miserable weather here in south-western Ontario. Snow, snow and more snow. Also, very cold temperatures. Today was the fourth day in a row that I’ve had to shovel and my poor body is feeling it! I soaked my aching muscles in the tub for over an hour and now I’m parked in front of the T.V. watching 48 Hours Hard Evidence and enjoying a cup of this tea. It’s not bad. I’m not usually a fan of chamomile but it’s nice here. It’s a mild chamomile with mint. I am trying hard to detect the vanilla but I can’t find it. I’m left a little disappointed that I can’t taste the vanilla but it’s still good anyway. I like it, but not enough to give it a re-purchase.

I tried to review this last night and Steepster froze, so trying again. I used to make this with microwaved water back in the day. My husband is feeling under the weather so I brewed it using my tea kettle. What a difference! This has a unique flavor that I can’t quite place- maybe a blend of chamomile, vanilla, and other herbs? It is sweet, soft, soothing.. sleepytime is the perfect name. Doesn’t taste fakey or overly flavored for a night brew. I found it quite enjoyable- might be my favorite herbal so far. Not bad for an inexpensive grocery store pick-up!

Flavors: Fruit Tree Flowers, Sweet, Vanilla

K S

I avoided Celestial Seasonings for years because the packaging is too cutesy for my tastes but it turns out I have enjoyed pretty much everything I have tried. I do wish they would lose the spearmint altogether or switch it for peppermint. I must be in the minority as they aren’t budging.

Nightshifter

I can understand why you’d prefer peppermint, but on the bright side it isn’t strong in this tea at all- I couldn’t even tell it was there until you mentioned it! :)

Sipdown!

If I didn’t have a million other teas to drink, I would totally restock this one immediately. I loved it! So much better than the original Sleepytime. This was a stroke of brilliance by Celestial Seasonings, adding vanilla to this iconic blend.

The vanilla just adds another dimension to it— makes it feel like a treat.

I will be buying more of this— after I get my other teas sipped down.

So, as I sit here with my glass (because mugs are overrated) of Sleepytime Vanilla I smile. Even if tonight will be another of those (all-too-common) nights spent awake, I’ll at least have pleasant company. Not at all strong in any way, apart from the vanilla scent, this tea is surprisingly drinkable. Without the dusty taste of many chamomiles, and without the overbearing artificial taste of many peppermints, this tea blend has almost a chai feel to it. Perfect for ridding the body of the days toxins and preparing for whatever the world hits you up with next.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I’m almost out, which means I really need to go buy some more real soon, because I can’t end a day without my nighttime tea. I steeped this tonight with about a tsp of herbal infusions vanilla cacao tea. Yummy! It added a hint of chocolate, which complimented the vanillamintiness so deliciously. And the smell of the two together, mmm. So comfy smelling.