Sleepytime Vanilla

Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Lemongrass, Rose Buds, Spearmint, Vanilla
Fruit Tree Flowers, Sweet, Vanilla, Flowers
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “My last pot of the evening…so glad that my conference is in town this week!! It means I get to sleep in a smidge, and that I didn’t have to abandon Chloe (what, has nobody else named...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “I am comparing Sleepytime Vanilla tonight with a fresh box of Honey Vanilla Chamomile. My verdict is that Sleepytime Vanilla is a more appealing chamomile blend. This is an interesting result...” Read full tasting note
    shera-pop 1733 tasting notes
  • “From – It’s all About the Leaf – go read more reviews! I have a confession. I...” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes
  • “Herbal tisane of the evening here, taking care of myself big time includes plenty of rest and relaxation! You know, I think I like the regular Sleepytime better than this, the vanilla doesn’t...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2796 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“Vanilla lovers, rejoice! We’ve added the creamy, nutty flavor of rich vanilla to Sleepytime’s beloved blend of floral chamomile, cool spearmint and lively lemongrass. With its comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor, Sleepytime Vanilla is an exquisitely soothing new way for you to wind down your day.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Chamomile, spearmint, west indian lemongrass, natural french vanilla flavor, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I like this quite a bit better than regular Sleepytime, the vanilla (for me) helps ease off that chamomile taste that I hate so much. I steep mine for an undecided amount of time that equals out to ‘whenever I get back to it’. I call it done when its a nice darkish honey color.

Not one of the ones I drink terribly often but there’s something really comforting about it to me.

Boiling 8 min or more

Perfect tea for right before I go to bed. It calms and soothes the nerves without being overbearing :)

A pleasant enough alternative to the original Sleepytime of my childhood. Like many others have already mentioned, Sleepytime is like an old, well-loved security blanket. Sleepytime Vanilla makes me feel like somebody took my blanky, sloshed it around in some vanilla-flavored washing machine, and handed it back to me, swearing it was better now that it was all clean.

I didn’t find the vanilla scent off-putting, but it made me suspicious. Once I snuggled closer (and added a teaspoon of organic honey)… yeah, it’s my old blanky, but it doesn’t taste like it had been dragged through the spearmint field and left to bake in the sun in the same, familiar way. Is this a good thing? A bad thing?

Maybe I’ll just rub the satin edging between my fingers awhile longer and see if I can make friends with a new-ish blanky. Change isn’t always bad, but as soon as Mom isn’t looking, I’m gonna run off to the spearmint field.

This is super amazing. I love normal sleepytime, but this vanilla blend is scrumptious. :)

New to the aisle at our grocery store; couldn’t resist. I’m glad I didn’t. The vanilla—which is pretty strong—offsets the traditional Sleepy-time minty-lemon mix. Result: relaxing with a cup that tastes like wedding butter mints.

You are right! This one does taste like wedding butter mints! Didn’t think of that before.

Maddy Barone

That sounds good. Maybe I’ll pick up a box. Sometimes a conveniently bagged tea is just what I want in the evening. Does anyone find that Sleepytime actually helps them to sleep? I’m on Prednisone right now and it makes me a bit jittery and sleep is hard to capture.

I used to drink a lot but never found they made me sleepy. They more or less just put me at ease.

Maddy Barone

Yep, that’s what I thought. I think I’ll still pick up a box though. I like a decaf herbal in the evening.

Even with all the loose leaf tea I have, my fiance prefers this and the regular Sleepytime tea.

Note to self – Must find.

I’ve mentioned elsewhere that tulsi is the only thing that has any noticeable medicinal effect on me, but the goodies in this one certainly can’t hurt :) I know some people swear by Sleepytime for their evening RX.

Maddy Barone

Regular Sleepytime isn’t a hit with me, but this one sounds a little better. The price is right, so well worth trying. :)

You make me want to try this, too. :)

Hubby said Kava by Yogi made him relax and he felt well rested when he woke the next morning, not groggy.

In winter, I brew it hot with a lid or plate on top; in summer I brew it 3 bags to 2 cups for 15 minutes and pour it over ice.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m not much of an herbal tea drinker, but I like vanilla, and I bought a couple boxes of this a while ago. I can’t taste much vanilla…quite a bit of spearmint flavor…it’s not bad, I’m just not that into spearmint. The flavors do blend fairly well together with the chamomile.

Sipdown! I drank this hot and iced and I liked it both ways. It’s a nice tea to mix with others when you do it in a pitcher iced.

I tried to review this last night and Steepster froze, so trying again. I used to make this with microwaved water back in the day. My husband is feeling under the weather so I brewed it using my tea kettle. What a difference! This has a unique flavor that I can’t quite place- maybe a blend of chamomile, vanilla, and other herbs? It is sweet, soft, soothing.. sleepytime is the perfect name. Doesn’t taste fakey or overly flavored for a night brew. I found it quite enjoyable- might be my favorite herbal so far. Not bad for an inexpensive grocery store pick-up!

Flavors: Fruit Tree Flowers, Sweet, Vanilla

I avoided Celestial Seasonings for years because the packaging is too cutesy for my tastes but it turns out I have enjoyed pretty much everything I have tried. I do wish they would lose the spearmint altogether or switch it for peppermint. I must be in the minority as they aren’t budging.

I can understand why you’d prefer peppermint, but on the bright side it isn’t strong in this tea at all- I couldn’t even tell it was there until you mentioned it! :)

If I didn’t have a million other teas to drink, I would totally restock this one immediately. I loved it! So much better than the original Sleepytime. This was a stroke of brilliance by Celestial Seasonings, adding vanilla to this iconic blend.

The vanilla just adds another dimension to it— makes it feel like a treat.

I will be buying more of this— after I get my other teas sipped down.