Sweet Harvest Pumpkin

Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Sweet, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by momo

• “There. That's better. Two cup pot, 1 bag with a teaspoon of plain Lover's Leap Ceylon. Little milk. Now I can taste the pumpkin, not just the sweet. Enjoying it with a picture-window view of my...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1767 tasting notes
  • “My first ever Celestial Seasonings courtesy of *gmathis*. Thanks. I had no idea what was in this when I brewed it this morning. It smells like pumpkin spice cake. It is very sweet. Now that I know...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1410 tasting notes
  • “Well, this is quite potent in the spice department. Additionally, when they say sweet, they really mean sweet. It's not just a cute name. There is stevia in this blend. After a couple sips I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “After enjoying the other Celestial Seasoning's holiday blends that I tried, I decided to pick up a box of this as well. I enjoy the flavor of pumpkin, and really love pumpkin pie, which a couple...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

The newest addition to the Celestial Seasonings Holiday Tea Line!

Sweet Harvest Pumpkin features the treasured aroma and spicy flavor of homemade pumpkin pie that will extend the holiday tea season. This new holiday blend starts with black tea infused with the flavor of pumpkin and variety of spices including cinnamon and ginger. Beautiful illustration to evoke those Fall and Holiday memories.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Call me a spoilsport but I get a little cynical this time of year amid all the talk of pumpkin flavored this and that. Pumpkin happens to be one of my favorite vegetables. I eat a lot of it and know exactly what it does and doesn’t taste like. It’s a vegetable. From the vine it does NOT taste like cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. These are spices we PUT INTO pumpkin to cover up the bad taste of the vitamins. (Yes,I’m from the Peg Bracken school of vegetable cookery)

Most “pumpkin flavored” items are all about the spices and have no pumpkin in them. So I was quite surprised to find these tea bags actually smelled like pumpkin as well as the spices. I brewed one up and found it quite good. It reminds me of the same company’s Bengal Spice (which I love), but with less butter and cinnamon and with a whiff of actual pumpkin. The stevia gives it a hint of sweetness but only a hint. If you want it really sweet, be ready to add some more. Being a pumpkin fan, I’m inclined to throw in some cream and a bit of salt as well.

In conclusion: If you like Bengal Spice, you’ll probably like this one. Except for the hint of pumpkin, for me this is like having the same stuff in regular and decaf. Not that I really mind. Since they’re both quite good, having two boxes is twice as nice.

Helena

I would PM you but your not following me, I stumbled across your name and had to ask you if you picked it from the novel: A Wrinkle in Time?

MsWhatsit

Yes, that’s it exactly. I’m approaching my 50th birthday. She’s an example of the sort of old lady I’d like to be.

Well, I actually thought Josie Jade’s review was spot on!
I tried it mixed with black tea a as someone suggested,
And that was a bit stout for me.
My personal drinking preference on this is with pumpkin pie creamer, YUM!
On my second box in a week…

This one is sweet on its own. (Actually, it’s too sweet. Milk or extra water helps even it out.) It really does taste like pumpkin loaded with spices. It is nice hot but it is delicious iced.

I really wish I had read the ingredient list before buying this tea. Chicory and stevia are things that should never be added to tea. I’m not sure what this smells like but it isn’t anything like pumpkin. It might be spicy but I think that’s more the chicory. It doesn’t taste much better. It really dries out my mouth and just tastes like ick. I’ll be putting this on the communal tea shelf at work and hope I don’t have nightmares about this horrible stuff.

Edited to say this: I originally made this with milk & sugar. Second cup with nothing added. It’s better but not much. I’d like to try this as an iced tea latte but don’t think it can handle milk.

TeaBrat

I agree this is BARFY

This tea is, uh…interesting. Doesn’t take long to steep; seemed like less than two minutes in a cup of hot water. VERY potent in taste and smell. I’d already added some Splenda before reading that there was already stevia in it, so the taste was a little sweet without the pumpkin-ness. Might try it again with less Splenda (usually two per mug; I like my tea sweet).

From the EU TTB – Round 3

Sweet is the key word here. It’s a little odd, because it doesn’t smell sweet while brewing. It smells of pumpkin, with a touch of spice. That’s probably why I wasn’t expecting the instant hit of sweetness I got when I took my first sip. It only took me a moment to realise that this has stevia in it.

Subsequent sips, once I was expecting the sweetness, were actually okay. The pumpkin flavour is pretty accurate, with that distinctive smooth, almost savoury “squash” flavour. The spicing is relatively mild, but well blended, and helps to connect the sweet overtone of the stevia to the savoury pumpkin. I went back to the kitchen and added a bit of milk, and that helped things along still further. NOW it’s pumpkin pie filling!

I wasn’t at all sure about this one at first, but I warmed to it as I drank it. It’s a very pleasant autumnal tea, but you’ve got to be down with sweet. Fortunately, that’s okay with me.

Ack! So I read the reviews before buying….but I like sweet so thought I’d be ok. I get a very nice spice smell with the dry leaf and after brewing. I don’t think it tastes like it smells though. My first sip was actually pretty nice! The more sips I took though the more I disliked it. I’m guessing the stevia is giving it a weird aftertaste.
Oh well, not a huge loss money wise so I’ll just pass this on to friends to try.

Halloween Tea Marathon 9/10! I think I received this in a swap with VariaTEA but I can’t quite remember. I shall have to consult my spreadsheet.

As many other notes have pointed out, I quickly noticed that by “sweet”, they really mean it. I have quite a sweet tooth, and this is too sweet even for me. I often add a sweetener to my teas, and can just about manage this one if I don’t add anything other than a splash of milk to mute it a little. I actually quite enjoyed it this time, a massive improvement on the last time I drank it (I added sweetener without trying it first). If you don’t ever add sweetener, then this tea is not going to be for you, but if you are partial to a sweet tea then it’s quite a nice comforting cup. It can definitely replace dessert, too, which is brilliant for me as I like to finish meals with something sweet through habit, but am also trying to lose weight. I do have a slight issue with the smell – I am sorry if this grosses anyone out, but to me, both the bag and the brewed tea smell sort of sicky. It’s not overpowering, but if you sniff too long it’s there at the back, reminding me of puke. I wonder what that is? It thankfully doesn’t taste like it, although I did notice I was holding my breath each time I took a sip, when the cup was close to my nose, just in case. I would have rated this low originally, but I think I’m coming round to it. I just have to remember to under no circumstances sweeten it!

I really wanted to love this tea. I do like it. It is warm and spicy and sweet, and it cannot be oversteeped. However, the taste might actually be almost too sweet. I’ll cite stevia for this cloying sweetness. But not bad.

Taken from the EUTTB return of round 2

The blends raw scent is of cinnamon bark, dry pumpkin and ginger.

1 bag, boiling water for 4 minutes.

Steeped scent is thickly and sweetly cinnamon stick with a touch of clove and ginger.

Flavour is super sweet (like 10 sugars sweet) with a dry cinnamon and clove taste. It’s sweetness is too sweet for me, compared to it’s spicy tones it’s refreshing, brings out the clove. So sweet cinnamon and clove…not quite Halloween but rather reminding me of Christmas. After half a cup it gets sweeter and becomes harder for me to drink. I love strong cinnamon teas but it’s the pure sugar sweetness I can’t handle.

For pictures please view my blog

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Sweet

Nattie

Oh no, I just sent you more of this tea! Oops! Sorry ):I hope you like the rest of your secret pumpkin teas more than this one!

KittyLovesTea

Funnily enough as soon as I tried this and disliked it I knew someone it would be perfect for. So the bags you sent will be gifted to a fellow tea drinker with a sweet tooth :)

Nattie

That makes me feel better lol (: