Sweet Harvest Pumpkin

Pumpkin, Sweet, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by momo
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 6 oz / 177 ml

• “There. That’s better. Two cup pot, 1 bag with a teaspoon of plain Lover’s Leap Ceylon. Little milk. Now I can taste the pumpkin, not just the sweet. Enjoying it with a...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1832 tasting notes
  • “My first ever Celestial Seasonings courtesy of gmathis. Thanks. I had no idea what was in this when I brewed it this morning. It smells like pumpkin spice cake. It is very sweet....” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1521 tasting notes
  • “Well, this is quite potent in the spice department. Additionally, when they say sweet, they really mean sweet. It’s not just a cute name. There is stevia in this blend. After a...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “After enjoying the other Celestial Seasoning’s holiday blends that I tried, I decided to pick up a box of this as well. I enjoy the flavor of pumpkin, and really love pumpkin pie, which a...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

The newest addition to the Celestial Seasonings Holiday Tea Line!

Sweet Harvest Pumpkin features the treasured aroma and spicy flavor of homemade pumpkin pie that will extend the holiday tea season. This new holiday blend starts with black tea infused with the flavor of pumpkin and variety of spices including cinnamon and ginger. Beautiful illustration to evoke those Fall and Holiday memories.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Call me a spoilsport but I get a little cynical this time of year amid all the talk of pumpkin flavored this and that. Pumpkin happens to be one of my favorite vegetables. I eat a lot of it and know exactly what it does and doesn’t taste like. It’s a vegetable. From the vine it does NOT taste like cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. These are spices we PUT INTO pumpkin to cover up the bad taste of the vitamins. (Yes,I’m from the Peg Bracken school of vegetable cookery)

Most “pumpkin flavored” items are all about the spices and have no pumpkin in them. So I was quite surprised to find these tea bags actually smelled like pumpkin as well as the spices. I brewed one up and found it quite good. It reminds me of the same company’s Bengal Spice (which I love), but with less butter and cinnamon and with a whiff of actual pumpkin. The stevia gives it a hint of sweetness but only a hint. If you want it really sweet, be ready to add some more. Being a pumpkin fan, I’m inclined to throw in some cream and a bit of salt as well.

In conclusion: If you like Bengal Spice, you’ll probably like this one. Except for the hint of pumpkin, for me this is like having the same stuff in regular and decaf. Not that I really mind. Since they’re both quite good, having two boxes is twice as nice.

Helena

I would PM you but your not following me, I stumbled across your name and had to ask you if you picked it from the novel: A Wrinkle in Time?

MsWhatsit

Yes, that’s it exactly. I’m approaching my 50th birthday. She’s an example of the sort of old lady I’d like to be.

Well, I actually thought Josie Jade’s review was spot on!
I tried it mixed with black tea a as someone suggested,
And that was a bit stout for me.
My personal drinking preference on this is with pumpkin pie creamer, YUM!
On my second box in a week…

This one is sweet on its own. (Actually, it’s too sweet. Milk or extra water helps even it out.) It really does taste like pumpkin loaded with spices. It is nice hot but it is delicious iced.

I really wish I had read the ingredient list before buying this tea. Chicory and stevia are things that should never be added to tea. I’m not sure what this smells like but it isn’t anything like pumpkin. It might be spicy but I think that’s more the chicory. It doesn’t taste much better. It really dries out my mouth and just tastes like ick. I’ll be putting this on the communal tea shelf at work and hope I don’t have nightmares about this horrible stuff.

Edited to say this: I originally made this with milk & sugar. Second cup with nothing added. It’s better but not much. I’d like to try this as an iced tea latte but don’t think it can handle milk.

TeaBrat

I agree this is BARFY

This tea is, uh…interesting. Doesn’t take long to steep; seemed like less than two minutes in a cup of hot water. VERY potent in taste and smell. I’d already added some Splenda before reading that there was already stevia in it, so the taste was a little sweet without the pumpkin-ness. Might try it again with less Splenda (usually two per mug; I like my tea sweet).

Sample from Nichole. Thank you!

I might have liked this if it wasn’t pre-sweetened. As it it, I find it too sweet, so I’ll be passing it along to someone else.

Nichole

I made mine a latte. . it was much better that way. I still have 3 boxes of it :)

gmathis

I doubled up with a bag of plain black breakfast tea and that cut the sweetness a bit.

rosebudmelissa

I sent some off to a friend, but I’ll have to try out these suggestions.

I bought this for 84 cents at the commissary, because A BOX OF TEA FOR 84 FREAKING CENTS. It was a seasonal sale. :3 Anyway, it sat on the shelf for a while, until my husband brewed it up one morning and let me try a sip. First of all, it was CLOYINGLY sweet. Like, the taste in my mouth was like I’d just taken a spoonful of molasses. Then I looked at the ingredients label and saw it: chicory. Don’t get me wrong, chicory is a great ingredient in the proper applications. It was just W-R-O-N-G for this tea. It added that way-too-sweet-and-vaguely-spicy flavor that was a big turn off. It completely took over whatever pumpkin flavors might have been there. Yuck.

1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Well, I did go back and get another box of Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. I like it too much not to. There were two other seasonal teas on sale as well (this one and the gingerbread one), so I grabbed those too.

One thing this has going for it is actual pumpkin in the ingredients list. And I can taste it, too! Very happy about that. Not so happy about the intense fake sweetener taste. This smells like a pumpkin pastry of some kind but tastes like dipping my tongue in a bag of stevia. Hmm. I get the feeling if I brewed this with extra black tea it’d be better. The pumpkin flavor is very nice, but I wish that fake sweetness was gone.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Sweet

From the EU TTB – Round 3

Sweet is the key word here. It’s a little odd, because it doesn’t smell sweet while brewing. It smells of pumpkin, with a touch of spice. That’s probably why I wasn’t expecting the instant hit of sweetness I got when I took my first sip. It only took me a moment to realise that this has stevia in it.

Subsequent sips, once I was expecting the sweetness, were actually okay. The pumpkin flavour is pretty accurate, with that distinctive smooth, almost savoury “squash” flavour. The spicing is relatively mild, but well blended, and helps to connect the sweet overtone of the stevia to the savoury pumpkin. I went back to the kitchen and added a bit of milk, and that helped things along still further. NOW it’s pumpkin pie filling!

I wasn’t at all sure about this one at first, but I warmed to it as I drank it. It’s a very pleasant autumnal tea, but you’ve got to be down with sweet. Fortunately, that’s okay with me.

Ack! So I read the reviews before buying….but I like sweet so thought I’d be ok. I get a very nice spice smell with the dry leaf and after brewing. I don’t think it tastes like it smells though. My first sip was actually pretty nice! The more sips I took though the more I disliked it. I’m guessing the stevia is giving it a weird aftertaste.
Oh well, not a huge loss money wise so I’ll just pass this on to friends to try.