Sweet Harvest Pumpkin

Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by momo

• “There. That's better. Two cup pot, 1 bag with a teaspoon of plain Lover's Leap Ceylon. Little milk. Now I can taste the pumpkin, not just the sweet. Enjoying it with a picture-window view of my...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1740 tasting notes
  • “My first ever Celestial Seasonings courtesy of *gmathis*. Thanks. I had no idea what was in this when I brewed it this morning. It smells like pumpkin spice cake. It is very sweet. Now that I know...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1365 tasting notes
  • “Well, this is quite potent in the spice department. Additionally, when they say sweet, they really mean sweet. It's not just a cute name. There is stevia in this blend. After a couple sips I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1201 tasting notes
  • “After enjoying the other Celestial Seasoning's holiday blends that I tried, I decided to pick up a box of this as well. I enjoy the flavor of pumpkin, and really love pumpkin pie, which a couple...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

The newest addition to the Celestial Seasonings Holiday Tea Line!

Sweet Harvest Pumpkin features the treasured aroma and spicy flavor of homemade pumpkin pie that will extend the holiday tea season. This new holiday blend starts with black tea infused with the flavor of pumpkin and variety of spices including cinnamon and ginger. Beautiful illustration to evoke those Fall and Holiday memories.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Call me a spoilsport but I get a little cynical this time of year amid all the talk of pumpkin flavored this and that. Pumpkin happens to be one of my favorite vegetables. I eat a lot of it and know exactly what it does and doesn’t taste like. It’s a vegetable. From the vine it does NOT taste like cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. These are spices we PUT INTO pumpkin to cover up the bad taste of the vitamins. (Yes,I’m from the Peg Bracken school of vegetable cookery)

Most “pumpkin flavored” items are all about the spices and have no pumpkin in them. So I was quite surprised to find these tea bags actually smelled like pumpkin as well as the spices. I brewed one up and found it quite good. It reminds me of the same company’s Bengal Spice (which I love), but with less butter and cinnamon and with a whiff of actual pumpkin. The stevia gives it a hint of sweetness but only a hint. If you want it really sweet, be ready to add some more. Being a pumpkin fan, I’m inclined to throw in some cream and a bit of salt as well.

In conclusion: If you like Bengal Spice, you’ll probably like this one. Except for the hint of pumpkin, for me this is like having the same stuff in regular and decaf. Not that I really mind. Since they’re both quite good, having two boxes is twice as nice.

Helena

I would PM you but your not following me, I stumbled across your name and had to ask you if you picked it from the novel: A Wrinkle in Time?

MsWhatsit

Yes, that’s it exactly. I’m approaching my 50th birthday. She’s an example of the sort of old lady I’d like to be.

Well, I actually thought Josie Jade’s review was spot on!
I tried it mixed with black tea a as someone suggested,
And that was a bit stout for me.
My personal drinking preference on this is with pumpkin pie creamer, YUM!
On my second box in a week…

This one is sweet on its own. (Actually, it’s too sweet. Milk or extra water helps even it out.) It really does taste like pumpkin loaded with spices. It is nice hot but it is delicious iced.

I really wish I had read the ingredient list before buying this tea. Chicory and stevia are things that should never be added to tea. I’m not sure what this smells like but it isn’t anything like pumpkin. It might be spicy but I think that’s more the chicory. It doesn’t taste much better. It really dries out my mouth and just tastes like ick. I’ll be putting this on the communal tea shelf at work and hope I don’t have nightmares about this horrible stuff.

Edited to say this: I originally made this with milk & sugar. Second cup with nothing added. It’s better but not much. I’d like to try this as an iced tea latte but don’t think it can handle milk.

I agree this is BARFY

This tea is, uh…interesting. Doesn’t take long to steep; seemed like less than two minutes in a cup of hot water. VERY potent in taste and smell. I’d already added some Splenda before reading that there was already stevia in it, so the taste was a little sweet without the pumpkin-ness. Might try it again with less Splenda (usually two per mug; I like my tea sweet).

No kidding about the sweet part! Since I almost never sweeten my teas, it was a little startling just how sweet it is. Luckily, I don’t mind the taste of stevia and got over it pretty quickly. I WILL be trying this with a little almond milk as soon as I get some because I think that’s going to bring out the pumpkin-ness.

Flavors: Spices

I saw this on clearance yesterday so I picked up a box! My first steep was much better than this one! At 4min. the stevia becomes very overpowering. At three minutes I was able to taste more of the spices. I’m not sure this is a great boxed tea, but I’ll have to try it a bit more! I actually think it would be a bit better if the black base was more evident. It would balance out this sweetness a lot.

TeaBrat

this stuff was definitely too sweet for me!

Tamm

I actually poured out this second cup. I guess shorter steep times are a must! And I noticed that the stevia is probably what made me really hate another recent tea.

TeaBrat

When it comes to Stevia, less is definitely more!

gmathis

I’ve done it halvesies with plain black tea and it’s much better.

Tamm

Thanks for the advice! I’ll try it when I steep it again.

Sometimes, in the morning, I need something a little stronger. This was a good fit. It is pretty dark, and the cinnamon flavor is quite nice. My only major complaint was the “sweet”. I taste no sweet. It actually took me a couple drinks to read the label and realize there was even stevia in it. I still need two packets- my same amount for unsweetened teas. Over all, its a solid, kickmybuttfirstthing kind of tea.

a good pumpkin tea ….

I’m working on a box of this: so far, so good. It’s not much in the way of pumpkin, but the pumpkin pie spices are very nice. It doesn’t need sugar, and I leave the bag in. No soy milk, no honey, just the tea, which is good in my book.