Wild Berry Zinger

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Chicory, Citric Acid, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Rose Hips
Berry, Fruity, Tart, Cherry
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Last night I was heading into my bed to read before sleeping, when I absolutely had to have a cup of tea to take with me. Now, sometimes I thinking about it before hand and make a cup of tea to...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “Now this one’s a teabag courtesy of one of my roommates (who is away for the summer). Brewed aroma here is definitely more fakey-cherry. Cherry cough syrup-y? Flavourwise, I’m again...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “I’m still chilly – hope I’m not getting sick! I decided to make a lazy herbal bagged tisane with some honey. I chose this one because it’s the one flavor in my CS sampler...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Another one I found in the previously mentioned Big Tins of Mystery! It was out of a Celestial Seasonings sampler pack that a former friend (we fell out, probably for the best) once sent me for my...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1327 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! The freshly picked taste of this luscious blend evokes thoughts of coming home at dusk with pails full of ripe berries bursting with flavor. We add hibiscus – the tart, ruby-red herb that gives a Zinger its zing – and sweet blackberry leaves to layers of juicy berry flavor in this wonderfully balanced brew.”

— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

This product contains all-natural herbs, and no artificial colorings or flavorings.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

this tea is ok. i have had better. too similar to other teas i can get a hold of. i will not be doing a full review on this tea.

Last night I went to Walmart a little tipsy, and ended up spending $100 on a Keurig Brewer. They had intrigued me for a while, and I was surprised to see one for only $100. After looking for K-Cups a couple different places, I wasn’t too excited about their options for tea. I read quite a few reviews that told me just tossing in a tea bag was a bad idea…but I just couldn’t resist.

First I tried a white tea in the Keurig, and was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it was! I was so excited to be enjoying such yummy tea in under 2 minutes, that I just had to try a second bag. In the mood for something fruity, I ripped open my wild berry zinger out of my fruit tea sampler and decided to give that a whirl. I was pretty excited when I first smelled it, but didn’t want to get my hopes up. Fortunately I was not disappointed!

It tastes very similar to fruit punch to me. And I’m a huge fan of fruit punch. :) I suppose it has some tartness to it but it’s not overwhelming. I’m really curious to see what this tastes like iced. I bet with a bit of stevia it will be delicious! Hoping I can find a box of this this weekend- since it’s from the fruit sampler I only have 2 or 3 left.

One of these days I may try steeping this in my teapot just to see how it compares to the way it tastes from the Keurig. This machine of course doesn’t replace my kettle/teapot but I definitely see myself using this on mornings I have to be to class by 8, and at night when I just don’t have the energy to mess with steeping the old-fashioned way!

I’m excited I can make using of my new brewer without having to spend $12 for 16 cups of tea!

Strong, full bodied berry flavor. Although I prefer to drink it unsweetened, other people tell me that the “zing” is too overpowering. I always buy this in boxes of two, since it’s one of my favorites.

Pleasantly fruity and slightly tart.

Flavors: Berry, Fruity

200 °F / 93 °C 6 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

Tea 4/5 in the sample pack I got off of amazon. I cold brewed this tea: 4 tea bags in 2L of cold water in the fridge overnight. Steeped for about 10 hours.

The taste is mildly tart with a mixed berry flavour. It’s quite good! If I had to change anything maybe a bit shorter steeping time to cut the tartness down a tad. Otherwise a great tea. I still like the Blueberry and Black cherry teas the best since I can point to the taste of those fruits in the iced tea. This one there is a “berry” flavour, but I just wish I could point out exactly what it is :P.

Flavors: Berry, Tart

Iced 8 min or more 66 OZ / 1951 ML

i don’t remember trying this tea :/

It’s pretty good- Blueberry and Black Cherry are my favourite though

maybe i will try it someday

This smells only of cherry to me. The color of the liquid is a very dark and opaque berry red. Maybe something like a black raspberry. The flavor is tart and all cherries.

Flavors: Cherry, Tart

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

2029 tasting notes

(Whoops. Still 260, I already removed this from my spreadsheet!)

Cold steeped overnight to make juice to take to work today. Pretty tasty! It’s a nice, simple tea good for cold brewing, although it is heavy on the hibiscus.

4 tea bags in 4 cups water, 12 hours-ish.

This was a good berry tea. I liked it iced, I use frozen fruit in place of ice to add flavor and not water it down. Unfortunately can’t have it anymore because of a soy allergy, but I did like it!

I’m not a fan of Celestial Seasonings’ fruit zingers. Holy hibiscus, Batman.

But it’s a really hot day and I had three of these left from a sample pack that my friend gave me, and so I’m making up a nice pot of this and chilling it for later.

It brews a beautiful deep red and smells strongly of fruit punch. So I’m anticipating that this is gonna be perfect for a day like today.

At first taste, it reminds me a bit of bumbleberry pie — tart, and definitely berry-y, but not necessarily one particular berry. I’d definitely say that there’s raspberry in there, but it’s clear that it’s not alone.

Cooling down, it appears to be far more tangy than actually fruity. It would be nice to have more sweetness to balance the tang and bring out the fruit, but at least I suppose it is very much living to its “zinger” name.