Nutcracker Sweet

Nutmeg, Vanilla, Wood, Butter, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

Waltzing flowers and sugar plum fairies… a marzipan palace and a nutcracker that turns into a prince. Nothing brings the magic of the holiday season to life better than the world’s favorite ballet. Celestial Seasonings has captured that same magic in a tea, Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Black Tea – an irresistible blend of the finest black teas, vanilla, nutty flavors and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy as an after-dinner treat or the perfect stocking stuffer.

While touring Celestial Seasonings, 11-year-old Danielle Ballard – an aspiring ballerina with a passion for The Nutcracker – left her idea for a tea called “Nutcracker Sweet” in our suggestion box. It was a great idea, and we made it into a great tea. Danielle’s an adult now, but the tea she inspired many years ago is still helping to make the holidays a little more special. Thank you, Danielle!

About Celestial Seasonings View company

It is unfortunate that this tea is only available during the holidays, because it is really good. Very pastry like, with great vanilla and almond flavor and a hint of cinnamon. It kind of reminds me of a snickerdoodle cookie. The black tea flavor in it is fairly strong as well. Prepared with stevia and (sometimes) almond milk.

I bought a box of this the other day. I had a cup of this earlier. This taste like strong vanilla with some cinnamon and a strong black tea. I added some sugar. Mabe I made this too strong,but I will try this another time with a shorter steep time and see. But vanilla is not one of my favorites and the vanilla was too strong for me and the tea was just ok. but I will give this another chance.

Bagged
Aroma when Dry: Sweet, like store cake frosting
After water is first poured: vanilla notes noticed first, hints of the others
At end of steep: bland, dusty sweet
Tea liquor:
first color: med. brown
At end of steep: darkens a bit.
Staple? No.
Time of day preferred: undecided.
Taste: bland, like mildly candied cheap black tea
first notes: Vanilla, pepper
As it cools: cinnamon and Vanilla surface
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Yes, with a touch of vanilla

This tea is my favourite amongst Celestial’s Holiday Tea collection!
It has a fun and heart-warming taste and makes me wanna watch the Nutcracker movie from 2010.
Great tea!

I just have to comment some more on this one. The color is like a black cup of coffee. This is probably my favorite Celestial Seasonings from what I’ve tried. Really good. I guess I like the black teas with a vanilla flavor.

8 min or more

I’ve noticed this box is pretty bland so I decided to use two bags at once. Unfortunately, I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay oversteeped it!! It’s definitely not bland, but almost undrinkable. It’s as dark as coffee and makes my mouth feel dry. It’s pretty bitter, too, but it still smells good. I think I’m going to start saving the bags and boil them to make it smell like I’ve been baking ; )

I’m having a bad, bad, bad day, but this tea at least came out well. It’s comfortingly sweet, but I still put white sugar in it. My Mom doesn’t put any sweetener in it. Nice aftertaste. Chai-like.

This tea smells like an absolute dream. Just like a cookie, sweet and absolutely fabulous.

I actually had it at a friend’s, and remembered how amazing it was, and decided to get some. Trying it clear in a large mug, however, seems to have been a mistake — most teabags I find can scale up well, but this one has left me wanting more flavour. Adding milk and sugar actually helped bring it forward a bit, but I think the true answer would be to have a stronger brew in general. More tea or less water next time it is.

It isn’t very strong (thus I steep a long time, often using two bags for a larger cup). sometimes it’s nice to just leaves the bags in. Great with sugar and lots of milk. It’s sweet, nutty, and pretty delicious. Makes a nice everyday tea, even though it’s sold during the holidays.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more

My family has been buying this tea for nearly as long as I can remember. We originally bought it for my sister, who was in the Nutcracker, and somehow it became a family holiday tradition. I pretty much turn this into a dessert with the amount of milk and sugar I put in it! (Also not bad with a little bit of rum.)