Nutcracker Sweet

Nutmeg, Vanilla, Wood, Butter, Caramel, Butterscotch, Cinnamon, Creamy, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

Waltzing flowers and sugar plum fairies… a marzipan palace and a nutcracker that turns into a prince. Nothing brings the magic of the holiday season to life better than the world’s favorite ballet. Celestial Seasonings has captured that same magic in a tea, Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Black Tea – an irresistible blend of the finest black teas, vanilla, nutty flavors and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy as an after-dinner treat or the perfect stocking stuffer.

While touring Celestial Seasonings, 11-year-old Danielle Ballard – an aspiring ballerina with a passion for The Nutcracker – left her idea for a tea called “Nutcracker Sweet” in our suggestion box. It was a great idea, and we made it into a great tea. Danielle’s an adult now, but the tea she inspired many years ago is still helping to make the holidays a little more special. Thank you, Danielle!

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This a nutty, mild tea. They don’t go overboard on the spices, either. I do love it with milk. I am glad it’s not sweet! You could certainly make it sweet, but I prefer it without. That way it goes better with cookies! I drink it year-round. For a souter cup, add 2 bags to a mug.

This is the one bagged tea to which I look forward every year. I enjoy it’s mild sweetness (I enhance it with honey and milk) but most of all I love the nostalgia of it. This is a core component of Christmastime to me and also one of the first teas I remember purchasing. I like spiced holiday teas a lot (like Mariage Frères’ Esprit de Noël) but this is a nice change of pace, nutty and vanilla and still holiday-rific in every way.

(First review. Please bear with me.)

Received this tea as present from my mom. I tend to brew it using two teabags in about two liters of boiling water, for around seven minutes. This process was reached by no scientific process, but suits my taste well enough.

The tea smells a teensy bit artificial (the dry leaf moreso), but very similar to the German Roasted Almonds that used to be sold in the mall by my home; vanilla and cinammon over a toasty nut base. The black tea isn’t terribly apparent in the scent, but is the main flavor I taste when drinking. When sweetened, the vanilla becomes more apparent, but unsweetened, I taste mainly black tea and cinammon. Maybe almonds, but maybe I imagine that. The taste is pleasant; the scent is delicious.

I like brewing this one first thing in the morning, because it makes my room smell fantastic. It’s a nice, easy way to wake up. I prefer it unsweetened and without milk.

I’m a sucker for flavored black teas and this is no exception. This has a very sweet aroma, and does well with sweetened original almond milk, I would say to the point that it compliments the “nutty” flavor and adds a sweetness I suspect would be absent had it not been for the addition. The flavor is pretty nice, I would say that the vanilla comes off as a bit artificial but the cinnamon kind of brings it together and reminds me a bit of vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies. It’s not quite what I’d look for in an every day tea, almost appropriate that it’s seasonal for the Holidays (something I’d look forward to coming home from after being out in the cold), but will serve as a nice dessert tea. Will likely stock up on a few boxes to last me for such occasions. Not disappointed in the least.