Herbal Tea
Flowers, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Elyse

• “Would you like some hibiscus with that hibiscus or perhaps maybe some hibiscus? If that's not pleasing, we also have hibiscus! No? Hmm. Did I mention we have *hibiscus*?! I _love_ this tea...” Read full tasting note
    anyanka 58 tasting notes
  • “umm is this even tea? it tastes like just lemon in water. that is colored very dark. whew. i might lose this tea on the way home. like into the river or something. i'm not a snob really but i don't...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 734 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday I spent about 4 hours in my garden, weeding & mulching my asparagus beds (for a photo of the newly emerged asparagii, visit my FB). This box of lemon zinger has been in my cupboard for a...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2855 tasting notes
  • “And another one that I don't have in my cupboard and haven't logged yet. Three teabags left in the box now. I brought this one because my husband loves lemon. It's soothing with honey to balance...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! The classic lemonade stand-style refreshment of this enduring favorite starts with real lemons and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. We blend our lemons with hibiscus, whose tangy taste and ruby-red color are the signature of a Zinger, to create a bright tea that’s equally satisfying under the sun and the moon.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

Ingredients: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, West Indian lemongrass (9%), lemon peel and whole dried lemons (5%), natural lemon flavour with other natural flavours (contains soy lecithin) (3%), and citric acid.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Don’t know if I’d like it now, but I have to say that this and Sleepytime are what got me into drinking tea when I was a kid. So for that I give it a kind rating.

This will always be my backup tea. Whenever I run out of the loose leaf or if I had a bad cup and need to get a better taste I come back to this. This was the first tea I ever truly liked

I don’t care what anyone says, I like this tea.

I seem to have come down with something that resembles the early stages of flu. This evening I cracked open my box of Lemon Zinger to up my fluid intake – something unfussy that I was pretty sure I’d find palatable.

I had mine sweetened (although with less than the 2 tsp of sugar I’d used as a kid) and it was like a nice, warm, soothing liquid throat drop. I’m not sure I’d want to drink this unsweetened, but sue me, I like it my way :P

morebloodytea

Sounds interesting

This tastes delicious with honey. Honey & lemon, what’s not to love? Actually, the lemon zest helped to keep me awake, especially after a heavy lunch. More effective than caffeinated teas in my opinion.

Generally speaking, I dislike all the Zingers. They all taste alike to me. Or at least that was the case several years ago when I said to myself, “Eh, don’t bother.” But this one was in a sample box.

Hey, it clearly smelled like lemon when I opened the packet! And it tastes like lemon. Actual lemon, not just super-tart and zingy. I cold-brewed it and didn’t add anything. It got pretty strong.

And, of course, red. There’s something wrong with lemon tea that’s bright red. I know it’s the hibiscus. I know hibiscus is cheap and tangy. But come on. Lemon tea should not be ruby red.

Still… I doubt I’ll ever be wooed into buying one of the other Zingers again, but the flavor of this one was as advertised so I wouldn’t turn it down.

Iced 8 min or more

As I kid, when I was sick, I would sit in the bath and sip on a cup of Lemon Zinger. Not much has changed.

Anyway, it’s definitely good in conjunction with Throat Coat over the course of a sick-day; I find that it clears my head and soothes my stomach and throat- especially with a bit of honey. It’s impossible to steep this one for too long, best at a hot boil.

When I sat in church yesterday and noticed my eye twitching uncontrollably (this is a new thing for me), it occurred to me that I should probably switch to decaf for a little while. (I was paying attention to the service, honest.)

So this morning I broke out my herbal tea sampler. Now, I enjoy lemon. I’ve been known to eat them right off the rind. But I don’t necessarily want that bitterness in my tea. This may be salvaged by a bit of sugar, lemonade-style, but I’m certainly not adding sugar to my tea at 9:00 in the morning (or, well, ever).

I rather like this smell of this one, but the drinkability leaves something to be desired. (Hey, Firefox, why isn’t “drinkability” a word?) It’s tart on the way down and leaves a fuzzy taste on my tongue. Man, I need some good decaf options.

edit: I’m decreasing this rating because I couldn’t finish the cup. How disappointing.

I love some zing in my Lemon with a touch of honey.

I took this from the Hotel I stayed at last night. I enjoy lemons (lemonade, lemon pops) so this is tea is delish.