Herbal Tea
Citric Acid, Dried Lemon, Hibiscus, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Natural Lemon Flavor, Orange Peel, Roasted Chicory Root, Rose Hips
Lemon, Flowers, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Would you like some hibiscus with that hibiscus or perhaps maybe some hibiscus? If that’s not pleasing, we also have hibiscus! No? Hmm. Did I mention we have hibiscus?! I...” Read full tasting note
    anyanka 58 tasting notes
  • “umm is this even tea? it tastes like just lemon in water. that is colored very dark. whew. i might lose this tea on the way home. like into the river or something. i’m not a snob really but i...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 758 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday I spent about 4 hours in my garden, weeding & mulching my asparagus beds (for a photo of the newly emerged asparagii, visit my FB). This box of lemon zinger has been in my cupboard...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3227 tasting notes
  • “And another one that I don’t have in my cupboard and haven’t logged yet. Three teabags left in the box now. I brought this one because my husband loves lemon. It’s soothing with...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

A hibiscus tea with more lemons than you can count, this blend is a rejuvenating addition to your day!

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! The classic lemonade stand-style refreshment of this enduring favorite starts with real lemons and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. We blend our lemons with hibiscus, whose tangy taste and ruby-red color are the signature of a Zinger, to create a bright tea that’s equally satisfying under the sun and the moon."
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

Hot Tea by the Cup

Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.&

Iced Tea by the Pitcher

Pour 2 cups boiling water over four tea bags in a heat-resistant container. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bags. If desired, add sweetener while tea is hot. Add 2 cups cold water and chill.

INGREDIENTS: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, West Indian lemongrass, lemon peel and whole dried lemons, natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), and citric acid

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I love lemon tea, but if you look at the ingredient list it begins like this:
Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel…. wow – finally something that resembles lemon!

What, you think I wouldn’t notice that this is an hibiscus tea with lemon taste?

I don’t like herbal teas with hibiscus – I love lemon though.

Okey, if I drop the attitude a bit this tea taste of lemon. It’s the primary taste and the aftertaste is pleasant. If I just try to forget the hibiscus, I like this tea.

If you like hibiscus and lemon, you will love this tea.

Steeped it for a while, it turned a lovely dark brown. Smells a little strange; not lemony, per se, but – and this is gonna sound weird – a bit like that sickly sweet smell that you get when you leave some soda out for days. Yeah, not too pleasant.

Drinking it, it’s a bit of a shock, when you’re expecting lemons or even, say, raspberries. I don’t know what this flavor really is, other than it’s not, um, too pleasant. It’s drinkable, if you’re not focused on it, like you’re working on something else at the time, but if you’re trying to enjoy yourself and you are not a fan of heavy, tartish, spicy flavors in your tea, you might just want to try this one out in a sampler. I mean, at least CS tried to make a different kind of tea, but it isn’t pleasant tasting, at least, to me.

when i’m out of loose leaf, or just being lazy, i turn to celestial seasonings. the lemon zinger never lets me down, it’s always a refreshing pick-me-up on a gloomy day and it’s wonderful iced to cut the miserable mugginess of summer.

This is an herbal tea with lemon. Since I am still suffering the cough/sore throat affliction I figured lemon tea might help. I brought the sample (3 bags) to work to share a pot with a co-worker. We brewed two bags hot with no sweetener in a larger (32 ounces I believe) pot at work. The first cup I had after it steeped for about five minutes. This was a dark amber honey color. The lemon flavor was mild, but enjoyable. I had the second cup after about 20 minutes. The color was now a deeper amber almost red color. The lemon flavor was much more powerful and had a slight bitter aftertaste.

The two cups did seem to help my throat, but again that could have been the fact that it was warm soothing liquid. Overall a tasty tea, but I would probably enjoy it more in the summer months when I feel better and just want to relax with some tea.

used this to get a lemon flavor in my twinnings english breakfast. it did the job

I didn’t even bother trying this hot because I knew I wasn’t going to like it. Instead, I cold brewed this tea- the 4 tea bags in my sampler pack steeped in 2L of water for 24+ hours. The result is a not sour, lemony taste. Not bad and refreshing! Still a little weak though, so I’m going to leave the tea bags in for at least another day. I love using tea bag tea for iced tea- just throw the bags out- easy clean up!

Flavors: Lemon

Iced 8 min or more 66 OZ / 1951 ML

This was a really pleasant lemon tea. It is called Lemon Zinger, I tasted the lemon but the way I prepared it I didn’t notice very much ‘zing’.

Flavors: Lemon

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

I just ordered a sampler pack from Celestial Seasonings and this one is in it. I’ll be interested to try it out!

This is one of the first fruity teas that I can remember trying, and it has remained a favorite over time. It tastes so bright and cheerful- perfect for a pick-me-up on a rainy day!

I was looking for a tart tea and I certainly got it this evening! Hmm.. There is definitely lemon here, but it’s shadowed by hibiscus. I don’t think the lemon is the lemon that I prefer, but it’s a decent lemon flavor if you’re in a pinch. As much as I wish this tea had more flavor beyond plain lemon and hibiscus, it was definitely what I wanted this evening and I could see myself picking up more just to have a tart tea on hand.

This is pretty much a strong lemon tea with a balance of other mild flavors that gives it a balanced slightly sweet taste. A nice light taste that is good when you want something refreshing but without the caffeine of tea.

Good to see you on here!