Herbal Tea
Flowers, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Elyse

• “Would you like some hibiscus with that hibiscus or perhaps maybe some hibiscus? If that's not pleasing, we also have hibiscus! No? Hmm. Did I mention we have *hibiscus*?! I _love_ this tea...” Read full tasting note
    anyanka 58 tasting notes
  • “umm is this even tea? it tastes like just lemon in water. that is colored very dark. whew. i might lose this tea on the way home. like into the river or something. i'm not a snob really but i don't...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday I spent about 4 hours in my garden, weeding & mulching my asparagus beds (for a photo of the newly emerged asparagii, visit my FB). This box of lemon zinger has been in my cupboard for a...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2913 tasting notes
  • “And another one that I don't have in my cupboard and haven't logged yet. Three teabags left in the box now. I brought this one because my husband loves lemon. It's soothing with honey to balance...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! The classic lemonade stand-style refreshment of this enduring favorite starts with real lemons and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. We blend our lemons with hibiscus, whose tangy taste and ruby-red color are the signature of a Zinger, to create a bright tea that’s equally satisfying under the sun and the moon.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

Ingredients: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, West Indian lemongrass (9%), lemon peel and whole dried lemons (5%), natural lemon flavour with other natural flavours (contains soy lecithin) (3%), and citric acid.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I love lemon tea, but if you look at the ingredient list it begins like this:
Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel…. wow – finally something that resembles lemon!

What, you think I wouldn’t notice that this is an hibiscus tea with lemon taste?

I don’t like herbal teas with hibiscus – I love lemon though.

Okey, if I drop the attitude a bit this tea taste of lemon. It’s the primary taste and the aftertaste is pleasant. If I just try to forget the hibiscus, I like this tea.

If you like hibiscus and lemon, you will love this tea.

Steeped it for a while, it turned a lovely dark brown. Smells a little strange; not lemony, per se, but – and this is gonna sound weird – a bit like that sickly sweet smell that you get when you leave some soda out for days. Yeah, not too pleasant.

Drinking it, it’s a bit of a shock, when you’re expecting lemons or even, say, raspberries. I don’t know what this flavor really is, other than it’s not, um, too pleasant. It’s drinkable, if you’re not focused on it, like you’re working on something else at the time, but if you’re trying to enjoy yourself and you are not a fan of heavy, tartish, spicy flavors in your tea, you might just want to try this one out in a sampler. I mean, at least CS tried to make a different kind of tea, but it isn’t pleasant tasting, at least, to me.

when i’m out of loose leaf, or just being lazy, i turn to celestial seasonings. the lemon zinger never lets me down, it’s always a refreshing pick-me-up on a gloomy day and it’s wonderful iced to cut the miserable mugginess of summer.

This is an herbal tea with lemon. Since I am still suffering the cough/sore throat affliction I figured lemon tea might help. I brought the sample (3 bags) to work to share a pot with a co-worker. We brewed two bags hot with no sweetener in a larger (32 ounces I believe) pot at work. The first cup I had after it steeped for about five minutes. This was a dark amber honey color. The lemon flavor was mild, but enjoyable. I had the second cup after about 20 minutes. The color was now a deeper amber almost red color. The lemon flavor was much more powerful and had a slight bitter aftertaste.

The two cups did seem to help my throat, but again that could have been the fact that it was warm soothing liquid. Overall a tasty tea, but I would probably enjoy it more in the summer months when I feel better and just want to relax with some tea.

used this to get a lemon flavor in my twinnings english breakfast. it did the job

This is pretty much a strong lemon tea with a balance of other mild flavors that gives it a balanced slightly sweet taste. A nice light taste that is good when you want something refreshing but without the caffeine of tea.

mrmopar

Good to see you on here!

When you open the box this stuff smells like lemony heaven. I followed the brew directions on the box and was left with a thin, slightly tart, vaguely lemon flavored, cup of hot red water. I need to give up on these boxed teas but they are so dang convenient.

I love this tea! It reminds me of Colonial Williamsburg when I smell it. It is probably one of my favorite evening teas.

Flavors: Flowers, Lemon Zest

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

This is not the worst I have ever had, but I am not impressed. I am grateful that it tastes almost like its supposed to, but it has a candy after taste. Reminds me of lemon heads. The color freaked me out a little though…

Good for my throat, but unlikely to be on my top lemon teas list.