Herbal Tea
Citric Acid, Dried Lemon, Hibiscus, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Natural Lemon Flavor, Orange Peel, Roasted Chicory Root, Rose Hips
Flowers, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Would you like some hibiscus with that hibiscus or perhaps maybe some hibiscus? If that’s not pleasing, we also have hibiscus! No? Hmm. Did I mention we have hibiscus?! I...” Read full tasting note
    anyanka 58 tasting notes
  • “umm is this even tea? it tastes like just lemon in water. that is colored very dark. whew. i might lose this tea on the way home. like into the river or something. i’m not a snob really but i...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 758 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday I spent about 4 hours in my garden, weeding & mulching my asparagus beds (for a photo of the newly emerged asparagii, visit my FB). This box of lemon zinger has been in my cupboard...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3204 tasting notes
  • “And another one that I don’t have in my cupboard and haven’t logged yet. Three teabags left in the box now. I brought this one because my husband loves lemon. It’s soothing with...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

A hibiscus tea with more lemons than you can count, this blend is a rejuvenating addition to your day!

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! The classic lemonade stand-style refreshment of this enduring favorite starts with real lemons and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. We blend our lemons with hibiscus, whose tangy taste and ruby-red color are the signature of a Zinger, to create a bright tea that’s equally satisfying under the sun and the moon."
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

Hot Tea by the Cup

Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.&

Iced Tea by the Pitcher

Pour 2 cups boiling water over four tea bags in a heat-resistant container. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bags. If desired, add sweetener while tea is hot. Add 2 cups cold water and chill.

INGREDIENTS: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, West Indian lemongrass, lemon peel and whole dried lemons, natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), and citric acid

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This is not the worst I have ever had, but I am not impressed. I am grateful that it tastes almost like its supposed to, but it has a candy after taste. Reminds me of lemon heads. The color freaked me out a little though…

Good for my throat, but unlikely to be on my top lemon teas list.

Aroma is like lemon pledge. The taste is like lemon juice and warm water, though the hibiscus flavor is noticeable. The color is a dark blush pink, from the hibiscus of course. Sweetened with honey, though the lemon flavor was still strong. Probably would not drink again, but a favorite among fans of lemon/citrus.

Though not as lemony as one might expect, I really do enjoy this tea especially with a little honey. It’s perfect for when you have a cold/sore throat etc. My only criticisms is that I wish the lemon taste were more apparent and the hibiscus was slightly toned down. This tea is definitely my favorite “Zinger” tea from Celestial Seasonings.

As other steepers have mentioned, it’s a very deep red tea when steeped. The lemon scent is very prominent when you smell it, and also when you sip it. It is indeed very citrusy, which I happen to love. It’s also very tangy and tart. I also detect a bit of a ginger, but that may just be me.
Definitely a very comforting tea when you have a cold.

Very refreshing with a bitey aftertaste. I like a strong cup of tea and this did quite well.

I’ve gone through several boxes of this tea. I drank it so much in high school that my parents still pack me with a box or three when I visit home. It’s a great tea, a comfortable illness tea. It could do with less hibiscus and more lemon, though.

Pretty sour in a not-so-lemony way.
The tea turns a red-orange the instant the hot water hits the tea bag, which is pretty but throws me off a bit.
I liked it better with a bit of honey

Tangy. Good with honey. Yum! Love watching all colour stay at the bottom until you stir it up :) it’s almost always in the cupboard because it is such a hit In Our house.

While this definitely has promise, I greatly dislike the style of Celestial Seasonings’ samplers. Their multi-teabag packaging means that if you don’t finish the tea fast, it goes stale. That’s the only reason I can think of that this tea didn’t give me any kind of good results at all. It’s vaguely acid-y, hibiscus-y hot water, and although I didn’t use boiling water to steep, I didn’t exactly wait for it to cool off either.

No rating because I feel it’s dishonest. I got this tea as a surprise in my new apartment — the old tenants left a drawer full of tea. Mostly herbal. Luckily, not all the packages were already open like this one, so I have high hopes for the rest! :)