Herbal Tea
Flowers, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Barb

• “Would you like some hibiscus with that hibiscus or perhaps maybe some hibiscus? If that's not pleasing, we also have hibiscus! No? Hmm. Did I mention we have *hibiscus*?! I _love_ this tea...” Read full tasting note
    anyanka 58 tasting notes
  • “umm is this even tea? it tastes like just lemon in water. that is colored very dark. whew. i might lose this tea on the way home. like into the river or something. i'm not a snob really but i don't...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 722 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday I spent about 4 hours in my garden, weeding & mulching my asparagus beds (for a photo of the newly emerged asparagii, visit my FB). This box of lemon zinger has been in my cupboard for a...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2511 tasting notes
  • “And another one that I don't have in my cupboard and haven't logged yet. Three teabags left in the box now. I brought this one because my husband loves lemon. It's soothing with honey to balance...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! The classic lemonade stand-style refreshment of this enduring favorite starts with real lemons and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. We blend our lemons with hibiscus, whose tangy taste and ruby-red color are the signature of a Zinger, to create a bright tea that’s equally satisfying under the sun and the moon.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

Ingredients: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, West Indian lemongrass (9%), lemon peel and whole dried lemons (5%), natural lemon flavour with other natural flavours (contains soy lecithin) (3%), and citric acid.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

As other steepers have mentioned, it’s a very deep red tea when steeped. The lemon scent is very prominent when you smell it, and also when you sip it. It is indeed very citrusy, which I happen to love. It’s also very tangy and tart. I also detect a bit of a ginger, but that may just be me.
Definitely a very comforting tea when you have a cold.

Very refreshing with a bitey aftertaste. I like a strong cup of tea and this did quite well.

I’ve gone through several boxes of this tea. I drank it so much in high school that my parents still pack me with a box or three when I visit home. It’s a great tea, a comfortable illness tea. It could do with less hibiscus and more lemon, though.

Pretty sour in a not-so-lemony way.
The tea turns a red-orange the instant the hot water hits the tea bag, which is pretty but throws me off a bit.
I liked it better with a bit of honey

Tangy. Good with honey. Yum! Love watching all colour stay at the bottom until you stir it up :) it’s almost always in the cupboard because it is such a hit In Our house.

While this definitely has promise, I greatly dislike the style of Celestial Seasonings’ samplers. Their multi-teabag packaging means that if you don’t finish the tea fast, it goes stale. That’s the only reason I can think of that this tea didn’t give me any kind of good results at all. It’s vaguely acid-y, hibiscus-y hot water, and although I didn’t use boiling water to steep, I didn’t exactly wait for it to cool off either.

No rating because I feel it’s dishonest. I got this tea as a surprise in my new apartment — the old tenants left a drawer full of tea. Mostly herbal. Luckily, not all the packages were already open like this one, so I have high hopes for the rest! :)

This is not my favorite tea. It’s just sort of something to do.

Quite delicious, especially with a hint of honey. The hibiscus, lemongrass and orange peel really help give this lemon tea a complexity.

Very lemony… Just how I like it :D

Is perfect with honey for battling out a sore throat.

Pretty good. A little tart, but nothing that can’t be fixed with some honey or sugar, and a little less steep time for me. (I have a habit of letting these stringless tea bags sit for too long at the bottom of my mug.) Perfect for sore throats and cold winter afternoons. I bet it’s good iced, too.