Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

• “I don't know that I've ever had this blend before but to me it tastes like chewing gum... I've had spearmint and peppermint as stand alone tisanes (and liked them both) but never with chicory root...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2353 tasting notes
  • “Bagged Aroma when Dry: lemon, herby, bright, spicy, minty, After water is first poured: lemon, woody At end of steep: woody, herby bright lemon mint Tea liquor: At end of steep: yellow...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes
  • “ Yeah I know, there's a wizard on the label. Celestial Seasonings has always had great art on their labels. When I was a kid, I used to collect my Mom's tea boxes for the pretty artwork. I...” Read full tasting note
    MsWhatsit 58 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging. I really like this herbal especially in the evening and the tea bag makes it extremely easy. This is a good tasting peppermint and spearmint with some nice cinnamon. I added some...” Read full tasting note
    silvermage2000 419 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

Mint Magic is a refreshing combination of the finest spearmint and peppermint leaves from the cool, green hills and valleys of the great Pacific Northwest. Lively orange peel and just a touch of sweet cinnamon complete Mint Magic’s well-rounded flavor, making this aromatic blend soothing as a hot beverage and revitalizing when served on ice.
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I don’t know that I’ve ever had this blend before but to me it tastes like chewing gum… I’ve had spearmint and peppermint as stand alone tisanes (and liked them both) but never with chicory root or orange peel. I was hoping for something different but I’m not sure what. this struck me as sort of unpleasant but I’ll try again soon just to give it a fair chance.

Bagged
Aroma when Dry: lemon, herby, bright, spicy, minty,
After water is first poured: lemon, woody
At end of steep: woody, herby bright lemon mint
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: yellow green
Staple? Yes, medicinally
Preferred time of day: evening, as needed medicinally
Taste:
At first?: bright lemony mint, grassy
As it cools?: mint and lemony notes balance and blend, mint opening up greatly at room temp and cooler
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Yes, herby, buttery, lemony mint notes

better cooled, chilled

Yeah I know, there’s a wizard on the label. Celestial Seasonings has always had great art on their labels. When I was a kid, I used to collect my Mom’s tea boxes for the pretty artwork. I still have a few pasted in my old scrap books. Like a lot of kids, I loved pictures of wizards, unicorn, dragons, and other mythical creatures. I’ve had over thirty years to get over my obsession. So I’d like to think I chose this tea because the combination of ingredients looked interesting. No, really, they did! I like mint and I like magic. Chicory, orange peel, and cinnamon? Mmm, this sounded different and I’m always up for an adventure. I brought it home and proceeded to brew up some Mint Magic.

The spell failed and not just once. I’m on my third or fourth round of this and it doesn’t matter whether I diffuse it cold in the refrigerator or brew it up hot. It tastes like mint and that’s all. No chicory, no orange, no cinnamon. Magic? What magic? All I can taste is mint.
Worse, it isn’t even really good mint. Here in the Ozarks, we get a kind of wild relative of mint on our lawns in early Spring. That’s what this smells like. Though it has a nice strong wild scent when you bruise it underfoot or cut it with the lawnmower, it’s a bit obnoxious and isn’t really the quality I would expect in a boxed tea.
That’s not to say this tea is nasty or anything. It’s OK. But it’s just mint. No magic to it at all and really quite unremarkable. So unremarkable according to my husband that I forgot that we tried this some years ago.
Funny,I was quite certain upon seeing and reading the label that I had never tasted this but my husband insists we have bought it before. Maybe he’s immune to its power but I’m not. So some day I will likely walk into the store and, hypnotized by the picture of Merlin and false promises of chicory, orange peel, and cinnamon, buy another box.
Cause that’s where the magic comes in. Ah, now I see….

Terri HarpLady

Nice review! Sounds like you might have a touch of CRS.
Could I interest you in some Mint tea? ;)

gmathis

I’ve always loved Celestial Seasonings art.

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, their art has been awesome from the start! I think that’s what always got me to try their teas!

Backlogging. I really like this herbal especially in the evening and the tea bag makes it extremely easy. This is a good tasting peppermint and spearmint with some nice cinnamon. I added some sugar. And I really like this.

I’ll come clean, I bought this one when I was 17 for the label.
Hey if a unicorn and merlin like this tea, why wouldn’t I?
Sure its faulty reasoning but it was true. Lovely and light
this one (like Tension Tamer) punctuated a different era in my life.
Actually, I could go for some at the moment. Tea, anyone?

I love, love, love Mint Magic. What’s not to love? There’s a wizard on the box!

Jillian

Wizards make everything better. ;)

Like most mint teas, they need a hint of some other subtle flavors to really bring out the strength of the mint. This one does a good job at being complex and quite tasty!