Sugar Plum Spice

Herbal Tea
Cardamom, Chamomile, Cinnamon Flavour, Ginger, Hibiscus, Plum Flavor, Roasted Carob, Roasted Chicory Root, Rose Hips
Cinnamon, Fruity, Plums, Spices, Tart, Ginger
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Casey

From Celestial Seasonings

Take a sip of Sugar Plum Spice Holiday Herbal Tea and journey with us to the Land of the Sweets in Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker. Here you’ll find gingerbread houses, trees laden with sugar plums, days filled with sunshine and the beautiful Sugar Plum Fairy. Sugar Plum Spice is made with 100% natural herbs and the festive flavors of plum and spice, with just a hint of sweetness.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Well, I got this tea sometime prior to 2009…because the box I have in the pantry has an expiry date in 2010. I think of “best before” dates as simply that. After that date is when “life gets interesting”.

And since my life needs to get interesting again…why not give it a try?

Let me tell you. There’s no way this is what it tastes like anymore. The paper bag is stained and brown now, and smells more than a little spicy. It tastes very similar to how it smells; spicy first then a bit of sweet at the end. If someone told me it was plum I might believe them, but I certainly wouldn’t guess that. But that is completely my fault; there’s no way you can let a tea sit for 6 years and expect it to taste the same as it did when the box was freshly opened. You know what? I don’t even care. I LIKE IT this way. It yuuuuuummy. At the same time, I vaguely remember how much I liked this tea when it was fresh, too.

Verdict: if I ever find it again in stores, I’ll be buying more.

I think that this is the oldest box of tea in my stash. …It was actually from my mum’s stash. The box has the old red/white/blue ballerina art, not the cutesy purple fairy stuff. I mean, late 90’s/early 2000’s. I could probably sell this in the vintage part of Etsy.

….To be honest, it still tastes the same as it did 5+ years ago. That is, kind of like potpourri. Perhaps it has mellowed a bit, which is probably a good thing. I always brew it for about 2 minutes, then add a used black teabag for about 2 more minutes to kind of make a lazy person’s blend.

I wouldn’t be consuming this tea if I didn’t have a complex about food waste. I guess it’s just that sugared fruits, candied fruits, and applets/cotlets/Turkish delights/heavy sweet fruity winter things really aren’t part of my culture? Perhaps this tea is imbued heavily with Tchaikovsky elements, which means that I instinctively shy away from it? I don’t know. CS really isn’t my favorite company to begin with (but I really appreciate their packaging and production beliefs), so I’m not that broken-hearted. …Though I do have at least 4 more bags of this. …

Snowing heavily here, and wanted something Christmas-y. Spicy, thanks to the cinnamon. If it didn’t say Plum on the package, I couldn’t have told you there was plum in it. Tasty, but only one steep per bag.

Christa Clark

I’ve seen that one in the stores and was curious!

Great for setting the Christmas mood, however this really doesn’t suit my pallet. It has a hint of sweetness, and a whole load of plum which is accompanied by a nice amount of cinnamon. This cinnamon can easily become overpowering to the point of giving you a numbing sensation on your tongue if you steep it too long or as it has a strong flavor, steep it in a cup that is smaller (9oz and around there). If you are going to enjoy this tea, a large cup or a teapot is very recommended to preparing it. This tea isn’t actually all that bad, I just personally do not like plum teas very much as all.

sherapop

I have this tea and recall not having liked it at all as a beverage. I am thinking about brewing the rest of the bags and using it as the liquid for a rice pudding. We shall see…

One of, if not my favourite teas. I know, I know, it’s bagged and boring, but my word is it ever good. Plum? Sugar? Can’t screw that up.

Sweet, fruity, and blended nicely with spices. It can get spicy and tart if you leave the teabag in too long.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Plums, Spices, Tart

Boiling 1 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

I’m sorry to say but when I first opened this box and caught the smell of the tea, I didn’t touch it for over a week. The smell was so strong, like a floral potpourri, that I couldn’t even imagine that it’d taste good.

I finally decided to try it though, expecting the worst. The smell is definitely lessened as it steeps, and the liqueur is a festive, deep reddish-purple.

The problem is the taste. It’s so strong that the first sip made my mouth tingle. The sweetness is the first thing you taste, followed by the slightly offensive taste of spices; most notably, the cinnamon. The aftertaste reminds me of cinnamon gum.

I was very generous in my rating of this tea, because I haven’t given up hope that there’s a way to improve the flavor. At the very least, I think it’d made a nice simmering potpourri for the holidays.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Plums

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I definitely notice a lot of spice but no plum flavor. While this isn’t a terrible tea it’s not one I would buy again. Thankfully my husband really enjoys it so it won’t be going to waste. Spicey teas are easy to come by, I was really hoping for a nice plum flavor.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Love this one – my favorite fall and winter brew!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Fruity, Ginger

This tea is one of my favorite seasonal ones. It is so flavorful and delicious! So many teas smell amazing but taste weak, not this one. Sweet, spicy and festive!