Sugar Plum Spice

Herbal Tea
Cardamom, Chamomile, Cinnamon Flavour, Ginger, Hibiscus, Plum Flavor, Roasted Carob, Roasted Chicory Root, Rose Hips
Cinnamon, Fruity, Plums, Spices, Tart, Ginger
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Casey

From Celestial Seasonings

Take a sip of Sugar Plum Spice Holiday Herbal Tea and journey with us to the Land of the Sweets in Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker. Here you’ll find gingerbread houses, trees laden with sugar plums, days filled with sunshine and the beautiful Sugar Plum Fairy. Sugar Plum Spice is made with 100% natural herbs and the festive flavors of plum and spice, with just a hint of sweetness.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I was surprised at how good this is. I am not sure why – I have found that when no actual tea leaves are involved, this brand has some interesting flavor combos to offer. It is very fruity and very cinnamony and if you let it steep long enough, it gets sweet too. No sugar needed. A good caffeine free, cheap option.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Hmm. I am reminded of why I don’t drink this one much. It could be that my box is just old, but there’s an overtone to the taste that I can’t quite put my finger on. It’s metallic, kind of like the taste of a fork that’s had its polish worn down. X-P

Anyway, I kind of took an unanticipated hiatus, because of moving and all things related to it, but I’m back now! We have arrived and settled in to our new home in Colorado! It’s so nice to live somewhere with actual, real, bonafide autumn. It’s like stepping out your front doorstep into a puzzle picture. :3

Oh, and another fun but unrelated thing that happened while I was MIA: my daughter has started saying a few words now, and she now asks for tea by name. I normally share with her if I’m not drinking something caffeinated, and she loves it (‘cause what’s not to love?). :)

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Indigobloom

Aw so cute!! baby love for tea

So I totally meant to drink Sugar Cookie and not Sugar Plum, as I rummaged through the tea bags that VariaTEA was nice enough to send me, but whoops?

This was actually ok. I was worried it’d be a little too tart so I added a little bit of sugar and it was pretty great. I drank a mason jar of! Awesome. :D

Fjellrev

It sucks that Canada doesn’t get these holiday blends.

aisling of tea

Canada does get these! I’ve found them at Bulk Barn every year and stocked up.

Cavocorax

I remember them being easier to find though! I think I used to buy them at safeway but I had trouble finding them this year. I didn’t realize I had a Bulk Barn so close, or I might have done that!

Roswell Strange

I couldn’t find any in my town :( Luckily, VariaTEA sent me a bunch.

VariaTEA

Ummm….you might be getting more Roswell Strange :S. I know you said no but I won’t drink it so I figured this was it has the chance to be enjoyed.

Roswell Strange

Hah, that’s ok :) At least it wont increase my cupboard number ;)

Fjellrev

I had no idea Bulk Barn carries them! Even the cookie one?

OMGsrsly

I saw them at Superstore (but they’re long gone now), but they all have gluten in them so I just pretended they didn’t exist. :)

aisling of tea

I don’t know about the cookie, but I’ve got 3-4 boxes of Candy Cane Lane and Sugar Plum Spice stocked up to get me through the year!

Before steeping, the scent out of the box is very intense. The strongest notes upon smelling the unsteeped bags is strong with cinnamon and ginger, with an overtone similar to maple syrup. Imagine a sweetened, fruity chai.

The body is somewhat binary: The first hit is wrought with cinnamon, the second hit is a tart plum flavor. In between is a very slight floral taste — this tea is not at all on the flowery nor planty side, despite containing chamomile and rosehips, perhaps because the floral taste is flooded out by spice. Due to the combination of cinnamon and high tanginess, there is a slightly grainy and light mouthfeel, which leaves the tongue rough after the sip.

There is a lingering spicy aftertaste, which leaves the tongue feeling somewhat “prickly”.

Due to the intensity of this tea, DO NOT for more than a minute; else, the taste gets rather extreme, sure to overwhelm most taste buds. Even when steeped shortly, it ends up being a very rich, nearly wine-like cool red color with slight clouding from particulate spices.

Tis the season for Sugar Plum Spice…
Yum

200 °F / 93 °C

I think personally I’m not a big fan of plum and cinnamon and the tea was very sweet. Overall not a terrible blend, but not a great one either.

This has been in my cupboard for quite some time and I think the flavors might have altered a bit. It smells pretty much like what I imagine a sugar plum might smell like. The taste is also the same. I read that people have been tasting the spice portion, but I get no cinnamon whatsoever. I’m thinking it might have to do with the tea being so old. A hint of cinnamon would have been a nice touch, but to me it tastes like some sort of dark fruit dipped in sugar. Very pleasant. :)

I stock up on this one! I never add sweetner to my teas so it’s nice to have a staple ‘sweet tea’ in the tea chest. I love a good strong brew and the cinnamon flavour comes out in spades in this tea with a nice undertone of plum. In the winter evenings it’s nice to brew with milk in a saucepan. I feel all warm and festive just thinking about this tea!

This tea is addictive. It’s the first tea I’ve ever considered buying in bulk so I don’t run out.

Love this tea and buy several boxes at Christmas time to keep me in stock year round. I love the scent and the beautiful deep red color when it brews.

180 °F / 82 °C