Tension Tamer Extra Wellness Tea

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

You may already know how soothing Tension Tamer can be when you’re having a hectic day. Now, on those days when you need extra help coping with stress, we’ve developed Tension Tamer Extra.* This Wellness Herb Tea contains potent herbs that tame tension naturally.* Eleuthero, tilia, and chamomile are favorites, used for centuries for relieving stress.* These all-natural herbs with stress-busting B Vitamins and a delightful minty, soothing taste assure you a relaxing moment in your busy day.*

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I wanted to try this tea to help with stress (and because I was really curious about catnip in tea). It’s an okay herbal. I prefer it with honey. It’s relaxing, but (sadly) it doesn’t help me sleep.

I must be perfectly honest and say that I mainly bought this for the box art, but the tea itself didn’t disappoint. It’s caffeine-free and pretty neutral health-wise, so I can drink it as much as I want at any time of the day, which is nice.

The taste is a hard one to describe. I guess the primary flavours are licorice, lemon, mint, and catnip, but the other ingredients definitely all add a little something to it. I haven’t noticed any calming properties, but I love it enough that I don’t really care.

That being said, this tea isn’t for everyone. Though I think it’s delicious, I’ve had friends try it and say it’s terrible. Oh, and be careful not to oversteep it, since the licorice taste can become overpowering.

Unfortunately this tea made me sick to my stomach every time I drank it.
It is the only tea by this brand that I don’t like.

I have liked Tension Tamer for over a decade. A good alternative to peppermint tea. Truly calming and very affordable.

This is a nice tea to unwind with at the end of the day. Good with honey as most teas are.