Black Cherry Berry

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

• “I took today off - I turned the world off and spent the day with the cat, the TV, and a book. No computer, no phone, no world. Sometimes I just need to be..... I have been drinking tea today,...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 729 tasting notes
  • “There was a box of this on clearance at Target, so instead of buying what I actually needed, I bought it. I steeped two bags in a glass of water for about 2 hours, and I've got a pretty potent...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “A yummy lazy leave the bag in the cup tisane! Taken with a little honey. I am finding the black cherry to be the predominant flavor. It's really flavorful, and I enjoyed it so much that I boiled...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I was a little suspicious since the hibiscus was the first on the ingredient list, but lazy and in a hurry (are those terms contradictory?) so I just dumped the bag in the cup and stuck it in the...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1717 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, blackberry leaves, hawthorn, natural black cherry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), chamomile and sweet cherries.

“This tea’s luscious flavor is reminiscent of the red fruit punch we drank as children – of course, our version is 100% natural. A burst of American cherries is made even livelier by the sweetness of Oriental blackberry leaves. Delicious hot or iced, this blend takes you back to orchards of ripe, juicy cherries waiting to be made into succulent pies.” — Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975
About the Tea

100% Natural
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I’ve traditionally been drinking green and white teas, but this morning I found a treasure trove of forgotten teas in my cabinets. This was one of them. Because I really want to catch up on my rest I felt that an herbal before bed was best. Even though the teas were older they were brewing just fine.
I was pleased with my drink and enjoyed the fruity flavor. I also like that there was chamomile in the blend as It will help me sleep. I was tempted to pour it over ice but still enjoyed it hot. I think I might buy a new box after I use this up. :)

Normally I shy away from the black cherry flavor, but this smelled so great when it steeped that I couldn’t stop sipping.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

Strongly reminiscent of Kool aid. I did however, really like the smell of both the dry and the brewed tea. I think I like it better than some of the other Celestial Seasonings berry teas. I got it from a friend—its not bad for a freebie, but I’m not sure I’d buy it.

Man this is boring. I’m trying to finish the pitcher of iced tea. It’s… well, it’s more interesting than plain water. Barely.

I kind of adore the sweet fruity teas from CS, even though I feel like they’re almost the “kool aid” of teas. This one is thick and dense, and I’m able to keep adding water to the same bag a couple of times (though generally I avoid this with most other teas). It’s dark and rich, not quite perfect for everyday, but once in a while, it’s a delight.

It has a very, very strong aroma and flavor. However, a small bit of milk in the cup makes it taste close to cherry ice cream. The strength may take some getting used to, but it’s not bad.

I’ve been trying to dilute one cup of this down with milk all day. The natural cherry flavor is really strong and it’s difficult to taste much else except a very flat blackberry leaf note. I would have personally been happier without the cherry flavor — it’s a bit like medicine. Sugar does make it better, though.

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m not a fan of this one either!

The first time I drank this tea I wasn’t too sure about it BUT after a few tries I have decided I like it. The aroma is AWESOME. I’m usually not big on intense fruity teas but this one is nice. It has a strange after taste but I can live with that because it’s usually not my last cup of the day and if it is I just pop a mint or gum or something.

This makes a very vivid red cup of tea that has a very cherry flavor. I like having this when I want to drink something “juicy” but not actually have a cup of juice.

This tea is so delicious. It reminds me of black cherry soda, except flatter and more tea-like. At first I did not think I liked it because I could taste the tart hibiscus. However, I took a few more sips and it was actually pretty sweet, and I could barely taste it anymore. I drank it iced in my new tumbler and it was wonderful. I will definitely be drinking this a lot this summer.

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 45 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML