Black Cherry Berry

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

• “I took today off - I turned the world off and spent the day with the cat, the TV, and a book. No computer, no phone, no world. Sometimes I just need to be..... I have been drinking tea today,...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 743 tasting notes
  • “There was a box of this on clearance at Target, so instead of buying what I actually needed, I bought it. I steeped two bags in a glass of water for about 2 hours, and I've got a pretty potent...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “A yummy lazy leave the bag in the cup tisane! Taken with a little honey. I am finding the black cherry to be the predominant flavor. It's really flavorful, and I enjoyed it so much that I boiled...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I was a little suspicious since the hibiscus was the first on the ingredient list, but lazy and in a hurry (are those terms contradictory?) so I just dumped the bag in the cup and stuck it in the...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1757 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, blackberry leaves, hawthorn, natural black cherry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), chamomile and sweet cherries.

“This tea’s luscious flavor is reminiscent of the red fruit punch we drank as children – of course, our version is 100% natural. A burst of American cherries is made even livelier by the sweetness of Oriental blackberry leaves. Delicious hot or iced, this blend takes you back to orchards of ripe, juicy cherries waiting to be made into succulent pies.” — Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975
About the Tea

100% Natural
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

One of the first teas I had and I loved it! Rich berry flavour, no sweetening needed. Not to bitter either. Sadly I haven’t seen it in many years.

To be very simple and precise, this cup is delicious. It’s essentially a cherry-spice herbal. The cherry flavor is organic and explodes on the tongue. The hibiscus gives it a nice tartness. I went through a box of this very fast. At 4 P.M. my guests want something fun and sweet and this is perfect.

Dry tea bag smells… well doesn’t smell like much to me! LOL… Maybe a little bit of a dried fruit smell..but it could be a mental thing since I know it’s a black cherry tea…

In the cup it smells very much like the dried strawberries/berry mix from Trader Joes. Fruity but not sweet.

Tastes a little tart to me. Pretty strong flavor at the recommended 5-6 minute steep time. Maybe I’ll drink it iced next time.

Tweak # 1. Added half a packet of Sugar in the Raw to see if that would help this any. It actually seems to have dulled the flavor somewhat. And the aroma. So that’s apparently not the answer. So do I try white sugar next or move onto something else…?

Purchased as part of a sampler pack. Brewed for 10 minutes, as I like my herbal teas strong. This tea is indeed very cherry, but I can taste the chicory. Can’t decide if it’s a good thing yet or not. I’m not a big fan of sweet cherries, and this is definitely sweet.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I love sour cherries but don’t much care for the sweet, and so was worried that this tea would be too sweet. But the intense cherry flavor strikes a nice balance, and it’s wonderful iced.

I really like this tea with a little french vanilla creamer.. It’s a great Latte!

I love fruit teas, and this tea smells and tastes pretty good. It’s very strong, though. The berry taste becomes too intense if this tea is brewed for more than a few minutes.

Don’t like it by itself, but it was tasty when I made apple spiced tea punch with it.

Too much blackberry for me.