Acai Mango Zinger

Fruit Herbal Blend
Mango, Hibiscus
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 10 oz / 285 ml

From Celestial Seasonings

Hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, natural acaí berry and mango flavors with other natural flavors, blackberry leaves, acaí berry fruit and acaí berry purée.

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! Found only in the Amazon rainforest, rich and distinctive acaí berries are remarkably high in antioxidants and other essential nutrients. We’ve combined real acaí fruit with juicy mangos and tangy hibiscus – the source of the zing in every Zinger – to create an exotic blend that’s equally revitalizing served hot or iced.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

After some careful sniffing I think I might be smelling mango while the tea is steeping unfortunately that’s about the only time I can detect it. I reduced the steeping time by a minute from last time, but unfortunately the tartness of the hibiscus didn’t decrease proportionally. I finally resorted to adding a teaspoon or so of honey which toned things down somewhat. When it’s sweetend like this the acai flavouring is actually quite distinct.

So out of all of CS’s Zinger teas that I’ve tried this one is probably my favorite, although, given my loathing for hibiscus, it might be more accurate to say that it’s the one I hate the least. ;)

This smells sort of berry like. I steeped this a very short time. The water turned pink. This tastes kind of tart berry like. This is just ok and i do not taste mango which is disapointing.

Too tarty for me…lol…

This smells and tastes excellent. This is one of my new favorites.

A nice berry flavor and a mild/background mango taste. Slightly sweet and a bit tart.

I tasted it a few times as it was steeping and it seemed to become more tart as it steeped. If you don’t like the tart flavor then try steeping for 3 to 5 minutes. If you like fruit teas more tart then leave the bag in.

Flavors: Mango

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 11 OZ / 325 ML

I wonder how this would be iced! I really enjoyed True Blueberry/ Black cherry as iced teas.

I just got my order of celestial seasonings teas in the mail. They’ve put out several new teas in recent months, and I also ordered a few I’ve never tried before. I’m pretty pleased with this one. It doesn’t seem as tart as some of the hibiscus teas I’ve had, and I really liked the mango flavor. It’s a nice change of pace for a hibiscus tea. I don’t know what acai tastes like, so I don’t know if that flavor shows up, but I quite liked this one.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Mango

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I was pretty sure I’d reviewed this before… but it wouldn’t be the first time my memory’s been faulty, if I didn’t.

Anyway, I can really smell both the acai and the mango, plus some berry and a little citrus, but the flavor is just not quite right. I think the tap water here is off-tasting (I’m visiting a friend in a rather rural part of Texas…). It’s adding a very musty taste right as I’m swallowing, which makes this whole experience a bit unpleasant… Anyway, that aside, it’s a nice tea. Nothing terribly special, and if I wasn’t out of my house, I probably would have chosen something else.

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Pretty darned Fruity Tasting…I’m neutral on this one, I think. Don’t love it but don’t hate it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this tea.
I don’t care too much for fruit teas (at least, ones where fruit is intended to be the main flavor of interest), but this actually had very good flavor.

Rating -
For fruit teas: 95/100
For Celestial Seasonings: 80/100
Overall: 75/100

I bought this mostly because I like tisanes and teas with hibiscus, rosehips, and orange in them. This one doesn’t disappoint. I can actually drink it without choking, LOL. And no caffeine so won’t be a bad choice for nighttime drinking.

I have to be in the right mood to drink this. I do like it before bed since it is non-caffeinated.