Madagascar Vanilla Red

Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Rooibos, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

From Celestial Seasonings

“Native only to the mountainous Cederberg region of South Africa, Rooibos (or red tea) is naturally sweet and has a slightly nutty flavor with hints of cherry and toffee. In Madagascar Vanilla Red, pure Rooibos is perfectly complemented by the rich flavor of sweet, creamy vanilla — resulting in a sublime and satisfying tea experience.”

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or flavors.
Rooibos, natural French vanilla flavor and vanilla bean.
Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free
Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I like it. The vanilla comes across a bit strong and drowns out the rooibos a little, but the key word there is ‘little’, with some other vanilla rooibos tisanes I might as well have drunk vanilla extract and had done with it. It definitely one for when I fancy something sweet, and I’d definitely reach for it over the spendy teapigs rooibos blends.

I like this one a lot too!

I like this for a bedtime tea every once in a while, when I want something stronger than herbal but don’t want to keep myself awake with a black tea. I’d agree that the vanilla is strong – maybe too strong, even – but you can still taste the rooibos under it, and the overall taste/smell is wonderful. It’s also great as a dessert tea with a bit of milk and sugar.

I love the vanilla flavor. I drink this to eat less cake.

Very good! Two cups in a row tonight… refreshing, relaxing and tastes nice. Will buy again and would like to try their other rooibos blends. Publix is bogo free thru 12/15 so I’ll have to go back and take advantage of a great sale :)

I’ve never met a rooibos that I didn’t like. Rooibos paired with vanilla in this one is just delicious, it has a sweet creamy taste that I can totally see replacing desserts :D

Still liking this tea. Nice and mellow, and the vanilla isn’t too strong. I don’t like a lot of Celestial Seasonings teas, but this one is a good one.

My favorite fake-me-out-when-I-need-some-caffeinated-tea-but-want-to-sleep-tonight tea. Also good for mornings when I have time to throw a bag in my cup & run to a meeting. Like this morning. So lovely.

A good and simple rooibos blend. Brews to a kind of intense color for some reason. Great to have on hand as a relaxing, caffeine free option.

Flavors: Rooibos, Rooibos, Vanilla, Vanilla

This was a good introduction to rooibos tea for me. The vanilla is a nice complement to the rooibos. I’ve found some very nice loose leaf rooibos teas with vanilla recently, but this is a good inexpensive bagged one that you can find at the grocery store.

Also got a swap package from the lovely, Rosehips! :D She sent me some teas I’ve been wanting to try for a while, such as this one! :D
I haven’t been able to find this anywhere, other than the seller’s website. So I couldn’t resist the opportunity to try it.
It wasn’t as strong as I hoped it would be, but the vanilla is definitely there. I didn’t think it tasted too artificial, but I really wished that it had been stronger. Then it would have been the perfect vanilla tea before bed!
But since it wasn’t, I’d say it’s an alright tea. Not the best. But I’ll finish the sample. I’m really really glad this was only a sample, and that Rosehips gave me the opportunity to try it! Thanks again! :D

Flavors: Vanilla

That’s a great thing about samples, you get the chance to try before you buy! I haven’t actually tried this yet, so I should get on that, and see how it compares. Glad the package arrived!

This was my introduction to rooibos. Pretty good, considering the price…and it made me want to search out more vanilla rooibos teas.