Madagascar Vanilla Red

Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

From Celestial Seasonings

“Native only to the mountainous Cederberg region of South Africa, Rooibos (or red tea) is naturally sweet and has a slightly nutty flavor with hints of cherry and toffee. In Madagascar Vanilla Red, pure Rooibos is perfectly complemented by the rich flavor of sweet, creamy vanilla — resulting in a sublime and satisfying tea experience.”

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or flavors.
Ingredients:
Rooibos, natural French vanilla flavor and vanilla bean.
Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free
Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I like it. The vanilla comes across a bit strong and drowns out the rooibos a little, but the key word there is ‘little’, with some other vanilla rooibos tisanes I might as well have drunk vanilla extract and had done with it. It definitely one for when I fancy something sweet, and I’d definitely reach for it over the spendy teapigs rooibos blends.

rabbysmom

I like this one a lot too!

I like this for a bedtime tea every once in a while, when I want something stronger than herbal but don’t want to keep myself awake with a black tea. I’d agree that the vanilla is strong – maybe too strong, even – but you can still taste the rooibos under it, and the overall taste/smell is wonderful. It’s also great as a dessert tea with a bit of milk and sugar.

I love the vanilla flavor. I drink this to eat less cake.

Very good! Two cups in a row tonight… refreshing, relaxing and tastes nice. Will buy again and would like to try their other rooibos blends. Publix is bogo free thru 12/15 so I’ll have to go back and take advantage of a great sale :)

Honestly, this is a really tasty, sweet tea. The vanilla reminds me of a delicious sugar cookie.

However, I have learned that roobios – any roobios be it flavored, blended, or plain, with or without additives (sugar, milk, honey, citrus) – causes me the worst heartburn I’ve ever experienced and that, unfortunately, leads to my giving it a poor rating.

I’ve never met a rooibos that I didn’t like. Rooibos paired with vanilla in this one is just delicious, it has a sweet creamy taste that I can totally see replacing desserts :D

Still liking this tea. Nice and mellow, and the vanilla isn’t too strong. I don’t like a lot of Celestial Seasonings teas, but this one is a good one.

My favorite fake-me-out-when-I-need-some-caffeinated-tea-but-want-to-sleep-tonight tea. Also good for mornings when I have time to throw a bag in my cup & run to a meeting. Like this morning. So lovely.

I had this tea last night for vanilla week! Its something another guest bought looking for something without caffeine. It was never opened though so when I unsealed it I got a strong aroma of vanilla. Rooibus is something I tried to like but never really did, in this tea it plays a supporting role to the vanilla but I think I need it stronger. I had 1 bag in 10 oz of water. I’ll try it again with 2 bags before I rate it. It does remind me of a sugar cookie.

This is quite an awesome bagged tea. I love a vanilla rooibos for nighttime comfort, and sometimes day comfort. This is my (current) jam. It’s warm and rich with that slightly earthy rooibos awesomeness. As far as bagged rooibos goes, this is delicious beyond reason.

If I add creamer, this is still great and super-rich. Until I find a better quality option with this great flavor, it’s on the top of my vanilla rooibos list.

Flavors: Vanilla