Madagascar Vanilla Red

Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Rooibos, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

From Celestial Seasonings

“Native only to the mountainous Cederberg region of South Africa, Rooibos (or red tea) is naturally sweet and has a slightly nutty flavor with hints of cherry and toffee. In Madagascar Vanilla Red, pure Rooibos is perfectly complemented by the rich flavor of sweet, creamy vanilla — resulting in a sublime and satisfying tea experience.”

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or flavors.
Ingredients:
Rooibos, natural French vanilla flavor and vanilla bean.
Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free
Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I had this tea last night for vanilla week! Its something another guest bought looking for something without caffeine. It was never opened though so when I unsealed it I got a strong aroma of vanilla. Rooibus is something I tried to like but never really did, in this tea it plays a supporting role to the vanilla but I think I need it stronger. I had 1 bag in 10 oz of water. I’ll try it again with 2 bags before I rate it. It does remind me of a sugar cookie.

This is quite an awesome bagged tea. I love a vanilla rooibos for nighttime comfort, and sometimes day comfort. This is my (current) jam. It’s warm and rich with that slightly earthy rooibos awesomeness. As far as bagged rooibos goes, this is delicious beyond reason.

If I add creamer, this is still great and super-rich. Until I find a better quality option with this great flavor, it’s on the top of my vanilla rooibos list.

Flavors: Vanilla

My local tea house sells a tea the tastes remarkably like Madagascar Vanilla Red and calls it Red Velvet… which I think is pretty spot on, though it lacks creaminess

One of my all time favorite teas. Red tea is such a unique and refreshing taste, and the vanilla notes make this truly comforting and tasty.

I was thinking one day, while on my break at work, “Man! I need some new tea!” Even though my tea cabinet is full of several kinds, and variations of teas.So, I went to Price Cutter, thinking, they’re not gonna have what I want. I was browsing, and a red box caught my eye. I picked it up and looked it over. I put it up to my nose and the aroma had me hooked. I got back to work and opened the box,my mouth starting watering the instant I smelled it again. A coworker asked for a couple of bags, and we would compare tea notes the next day. I eagerly went home, and started the tea pot. The wait was killing me! Finally it had steeped to perfection! I added a couple of teaspoons of sugar, and I was hooked! I now have like 3 boxes of this stuff! I love it as much as I love my chais! Sooooo gooooood!!!

This is a nice, sweet smelling tea. I will drink it at night when my normal caffeine laden breakfast blends just won’t do. I like it with sweetener and a milk (type) product (depends on whether I have lactose free milk in the fridge, or if I have to go with soy).

I have been serving it to my kids since they were about 7 and 9, and they love it as much as they love hot chocolate (I fill the mug 1/2 with tea, and 1/2 with milk and then add a sweetener).

It is not TOO cloying—I don’t like most fruity or other flavored teas—this allows you to sweeten it up or down based on your own personal taste.

This tea was pretty good. The smell was a bit of a turn-off though…it smelled intensely sweet and rich, so before even trying it I was apprehensive. Thankfully it didn’t taste as ridiculously strong. The first thing I tasted was the vanilla, followed by the nice flavor of rooibos (this is my first rooibos tea). I look forward to having more rooibos teas in the future :) they’re pretty nice.

One of my favourite Rooibos teas. The vanilla is authentic, and it tastes nice with Silk soy milk. Nice and cheap too.

Naturally sweetish. I do not like stevia but to me this has a mild hint of something rather like stevia but the rooibos and rich vanilla make it nicely palatable for me. I add a touch of 1% milkfat milk.

Sweet buttery biscuits, I am in love with this stuff. I’ve been waiting over a year to get it (they don’t sell it around here, and I haven’t had the chance to order it online) but I just finally got it last week and its phenomenal. I already love rooibos, but as far as I’m concerned, this just managed to improve on perfection. God-level hot, excellent cold, I’m going to have to buy this stuff in bulk.