Madagascar Vanilla Red

Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

From Celestial Seasonings

“Native only to the mountainous Cederberg region of South Africa, Rooibos (or red tea) is naturally sweet and has a slightly nutty flavor with hints of cherry and toffee. In Madagascar Vanilla Red, pure Rooibos is perfectly complemented by the rich flavor of sweet, creamy vanilla — resulting in a sublime and satisfying tea experience.”

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or flavors.
Ingredients:
Rooibos, natural French vanilla flavor and vanilla bean.
Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free
Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This is definitely a good tea to have in your arsenal. It has a mild flavor that doesn’t need any sweetener unless you’re used to that sort of thing (I’m a Paleoist, so my taste buds have adjusted to need less sweet than most peoples). Without sweetener, you can definitely pick up the creamy vanilla at the end of your sip. Delicious. Definite repurchase.

I love me some rooibos, and being the vanilla junkie I am, this is a big winner. The vanilla is quite strong and almost crowds out the darker taste of the rooibos, but with a splash of soy milk and a little sugar, it’s fantastic.

This is a delicious redbush vanilla at a fair price. The velvety “red tea” is satisfying and the vanilla is inviting.

I had a couple of rooibos teas that had turned me off, so I bought this to give it another chance without spending much.

I was surprised by the strong vanilla smell for a supermarket tea. The box does list vanilla bean in the ingredients (another reason I bought it).

I don’t care for it much on it’s own but it’s lovely mixed with other teas. I like to mix it with Adagio’s White Tropics. It’s also great with peppermint tea and some sugar. The vanilla really balances out the mint.

After finishing a box, I won’t be buying this tea again. It was enjoyable, but it was VERY flavorful, to the point of not really tasting like tea.

Strong vanilla flavor, but not overpowering. Great nighttime tea.

160 °F / 71 °C

There is nothing like Rooibos with Vanilla. Very popular in Germany.
I could drink this all the time and never get tired of it! (especially because it’s caffeine-free)
This is more of a review for Rooibos Vanille (Red Bush with Vanilla) than Celestial Seasonings-specific tea.

Vanilla! They weren’t shy with the vanilla in this one. Way too strong for me, it’s like I’m drinking out of a vanilla scented candle. If you’re a fan of that, you’ll love it, but this is definitely my last box.

This is my first rooibos, and I must say I’m addicted. The rooibos is earthy and mellow, while the vanilla adds richness and a hint of sweet. It’s just the perfect tea.

Sweet, nice desert tea or tea for children. I still prefer Rooibos by itself w/Honey.