Madagascar Vanilla Red

Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Flavour
Almond, Marzipan, Mineral, Nuts, Rooibos, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

From Celestial Seasonings

“Native only to the mountainous Cederberg region of South Africa, Rooibos (or red tea) is naturally sweet and has a slightly nutty flavor with hints of cherry and toffee. In Madagascar Vanilla Red, pure Rooibos is perfectly complemented by the rich flavor of sweet, creamy vanilla — resulting in a sublime and satisfying tea experience.”

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or flavors.
Ingredients:
Rooibos, natural French vanilla flavor and vanilla bean.
Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free
Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Naturally sweetish. I do not like stevia but to me this has a mild hint of something rather like stevia but the rooibos and rich vanilla make it nicely palatable for me. I add a touch of 1% milkfat milk.

Sweet buttery biscuits, I am in love with this stuff. I’ve been waiting over a year to get it (they don’t sell it around here, and I haven’t had the chance to order it online) but I just finally got it last week and its phenomenal. I already love rooibos, but as far as I’m concerned, this just managed to improve on perfection. God-level hot, excellent cold, I’m going to have to buy this stuff in bulk.

L-O-V-E this tea. Absolutely delicious. Definitely taste the vanilla, and a slight fruitiness (maybe the rooibos coming through?). Anyway, something that definitely made it sweet and really tasty. Added sweetener, and a little bit of sea salt(!) on the second try…the sweetener alone was a little bitter, but the sea salt brought out the sweetness and very slight creaminess. The flavor got better as it went along; I usually just leave my teabag in the cup, so it just got better.

Tasty. Easy to drink. Nothing terribly complex about it, but should bush tea be complex? This has a little bit of sweetness to it. The vanilla is ok. Overall a good tea to have on hand.

This is definitely a good tea to have in your arsenal. It has a mild flavor that doesn’t need any sweetener unless you’re used to that sort of thing (I’m a Paleoist, so my taste buds have adjusted to need less sweet than most peoples). Without sweetener, you can definitely pick up the creamy vanilla at the end of your sip. Delicious. Definite repurchase.

I love me some rooibos, and being the vanilla junkie I am, this is a big winner. The vanilla is quite strong and almost crowds out the darker taste of the rooibos, but with a splash of soy milk and a little sugar, it’s fantastic.

This is a delicious redbush vanilla at a fair price. The velvety “red tea” is satisfying and the vanilla is inviting.

I had a couple of rooibos teas that had turned me off, so I bought this to give it another chance without spending much.

I was surprised by the strong vanilla smell for a supermarket tea. The box does list vanilla bean in the ingredients (another reason I bought it).

I don’t care for it much on it’s own but it’s lovely mixed with other teas. I like to mix it with Adagio’s White Tropics. It’s also great with peppermint tea and some sugar. The vanilla really balances out the mint.

After finishing a box, I won’t be buying this tea again. It was enjoyable, but it was VERY flavorful, to the point of not really tasting like tea.

Strong vanilla flavor, but not overpowering. Great nighttime tea.

160 °F / 71 °C