Cinnamon Apple Spice

Apple, Artificial, Cinnamon, Sweet, Autumn Leaf Pile
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by MayCSB

• “Screw it. I don’t care if this IS a cheap, low-end teabag - I am quite enjoying it. The description is mostly dead-on. This is all sweet apple and cinnamon with a hint of creamy sweetness on the...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 400 tasting notes
  • “Wow, tough crowd, eh? =) So, ya. This is cinnamon tea with some apple sweetness. If you're looking for the cinnamon to modify the apple with grace and subtlety, you'll need to steep...” Read full tasting note
    bleepnik 117 tasting notes
  • “this is the cinnamon bark potpourri sachet your grandmother warned you about; a fiery tisane with stentorian sinus-clearing capabilities, and a rabble-rouser at that. i wouldn't be surprised if...” Read full tasting note
    pyarkaaloo 138 tasting notes
  • “I really tried liking this tea. I really tried. It smells nice and the apple flavor is there, it's juicy and refreshing. What's wrong? That damn cinnamon! It's too overpowering and pungent that...” Read full tasting note
    raulmark 71 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“This lively blend is dominated by an aromatic burst of sweet and spicy Vietnamese cinnamon and bushels of juicy, all-American apples. There’s a toasty chocolate note and a hint of creamy butterscotch in the finish that complements the lasting taste of apples and cinnamon – making this tea comforting and invigorating all at once!”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

About Celestial Seasonings View company

My favorite tea right now—maybe just because it’s fall and I haven’t tried many spiced teas yet. But I just love the smell and the fact that it’s sweet and spicy on its own without me having to add any sweetener. The longer I steep the better.

I am an herbal fan so I really enjoy this one. I’ve found (by accident) that the longer you steep, the sweeter it gets. I don’t have to cover it up with sweetener. It’s definitely heavier on the ‘cinnamon spice’ component than the apple component.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

I’m sad to say that I don’t like this at all. It just tastes off to me, and I love cinnamon and heavy spice teas normally. This one has a weird after taste that I just don’t enjoy. Too perfumed and not enough natural taste.

A shame, because it sounded lovely.

This is one of the first teas I’ve ever had! I’m backlogging, of course. This tea had a decent balance between cinnamon and apples, and it was actually quite pleasant. Smelled like apple cider and was a nice drink for autumn. If I could find a nice apple+cinnamon tea loose leaf tea like this, I may never consider trying it again. Suggestions welcome!

Warm and toasty – pretty smelly but its good. Cheap tea from Wal-Mart :D

This is exactly what I want in a fall tea. Love the cinnamon and the apple. I find that the spice/cinnamon is prominent, but that it’s balanced with the apple or sweetness. This is a great, sweet tea without the need of sugar or honey. I admit that there is a strange aftertaste.. and I’m not sure what that is. I’m too distracted by the other flavors, though. Perfect for this time of year!

Cinnamon is one of my favourite flavors, so I love this tea. The apple comes through more as background sweetness than as actual apple flavor, which to my tastebuds balances the cinnamon nicely. I usually let this steep for at least five minutes, or it’s too bland for me. I’ve not noticed any bitterness, as noted below.

Oh god what?

I won’t be buying this again. It reeks. The kitchen and living room now smell like cheap and nasty pot-pourri, and the taste doesn’t much make up for it. Too much cinnamon, too little apple; it tastes strangely flat and then I just get a burn from the spice.

Maybe if I dump some chamomile in there I can make it drinkable? ::vanishes off to put the mental in experimental::

Backlog. I just got back from a trip to New Mexico. I love the desert, but it really does not love me back. By the last day I was dried out, feeling sick, and fighting a migraine. Now I am back home and feeling a ton better in the (relative) humidity of Indiana.

I can’t believe there’s hibiscus in this! That sneaky little flower. I honestly didn’t taste it this time. This is a pretty good approximation of spiced apple cider, and after a long day of travel and a colder-than-expected forecast it was more than welcome. Sweet like a candy apple but somehow not overwhelming, strongly cinnamon-y, and I actually managed to resteep it once. Not bad for a cheap bag.

Nicole

We did a road trip through NM the first week in December. I like the temperatures but I felt like a lizard the whole time. Slathered lotion on my hands and face all day long.

bluebelle

Lizard is a good description! It seems like every day I would have to get some new thing I hadn’t thought to bring (eye drops, thicker lotion, etc.). At least Santa Fe was pretty in the snow.

I found the cinnamon in this tea to be overwhelming.