Cinnamon Apple Spice

Cinnamon
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by MayCSB

• “Screw it. I don’t care if this IS a cheap, low-end teabag - I am quite enjoying it. The description is mostly dead-on. This is all sweet apple and cinnamon with a hint of creamy sweetness on the...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 312 tasting notes
  • “Wow, tough crowd, eh? =) So, ya. This is cinnamon tea with some apple sweetness. If you're looking for the cinnamon to modify the apple with grace and subtlety, you'll need to steep...” Read full tasting note
    bleepnik 117 tasting notes
  • “this is the cinnamon bark potpourri sachet your grandmother warned you about; a fiery tisane with stentorian sinus-clearing capabilities, and a rabble-rouser at that. i wouldn't be surprised if...” Read full tasting note
    pyarkaaloo 81 tasting notes
  • “I really tried liking this tea. I really tried. It smells nice and the apple flavor is there, it's juicy and refreshing. What's wrong? That damn cinnamon! It's too overpowering and pungent that...” Read full tasting note
    raulmark 71 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“This lively blend is dominated by an aromatic burst of sweet and spicy Vietnamese cinnamon and bushels of juicy, all-American apples. There’s a toasty chocolate note and a hint of creamy butterscotch in the finish that complements the lasting taste of apples and cinnamon – making this tea comforting and invigorating all at once!”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

About Celestial Seasonings View company

If you dislike cinnamon, run away! It tastes a little like cinnamon potpourri, but you can, in fact, taste the apple sweetness, especially if you let it brew for a looooong time. Adding some warm apple juice to the cup sounds like it would make it delicious.

Boiling 8 min or more

I can certainly agree with the other reviewers who say that this tea is nearly a liquid version of Big Red gum. It tastes even worse when cold (or left to steep for too long), so drink it quickly!

I quite enjoyed this tea because of it’s aroma and because I didn’t need to add any sugar. All I added was two spoons of milk and it lessened overbearing taste of cinnamon. I wish it had more of an apple taste to it and wished that the cinnamon wasn’t so strong, but for the price, it’s not so bad and is actually quite alright. Perfect tea for the winter holidays!

Boiling 8 min or more

Love Love this tea it makes me think of fall

I wish I had read the reviews before I impulsively bought this in the grocery store. Lesson learned. I gagged a little when I took a sip. It’s nice and fruity to start but then it’s a cinnamon metal-concert-scale takeover and that’s all you taste. I like cinnamon, but I prefer it to be balanced. Not a Big Red kinda gal, not a cinnamon apple tea kinda gal either. Maybe I’ll try steeping this in hot apple juice.

I love spiced teas! This one reminds me of a cinnamon apple cider my aunt makes around Christmastime. The cinnamon almost overpowers the apple flavor, but it certainly doesn’t mask it. I find that I usually taste the apple or the cinnamon – whichever I am in the mood for. That’s how flavorful this tea is, and the chicory and chamomile help give the tea weight. A very delightful tea that I enjoy drinking in the afternoons.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I generally prefer my apple-spice teas to be more apple and less spice, but if you drink Celestial Seasonings, you should know that they’re super-fond of cinnamon, so it’s not a big surprise that this one is heavy on that particular spice. The apple is more of a scent than a taste, really. But it’s really good mixed with a basic black tea (today I’m using Yorkshire Tea because it’s strong enough to stand up to it), and it’s strong enough to take to milk and sugar well.

I love all things fall, and this tea is pretty much the season in drinkable form! This is a strong tea, very fragrant, and may I add delicious?

Ugh. The taste was…okay at first, but the longer I left it in, the stronger it got. But not in that pleasant steep-for-a-long-time-to-let-the-flavor-intensify way. Just got really bitter and spicy toward the end to the point of my tongue and throat tingling. Definitely smelled like cinnamon and cider…The smell was actually overwhelming and made everything else smell like cinnamon apples once the box was opened. Didn’t really remind me of apple cider, actually (or even apple juice). Maybe I just left the bag in too long, so maybe I’ll give it another chance in the future with a shorter steeping time.

I’ve been a huge tea binge lately in an effort to cut down on the liquid calories I consume. I love, love, love this tea when it’s hot but it’s really strong when making iced tea. The apple flavor is too subtle to be more than barely noticeable when it’s cold and the cinnamon seems twice as strong. This is the only cinnamon tea that I’ve had the actually made my mouth tingle like Big Red does. If you’re going to be making iced tea with this, I recommend steeping for a very short time.

Iced 8 min or more