Vermont Maple Ginger

Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Tranquilitea
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 15 oz / 433 ml

• “Thanks so much for the swap, AJRimmer!  I like this one!  It might be up there with my CS favorites.  It has a sweetness to it that doesn’t seem like stevia to me, as far as I can tell.  And then...” Read full tasting note
  • “When I first reviewed this last year, I noted that it’s maple first, then ginger. Allow me to reverse the order. (Hey, if you’ve read my reviews over the years, I’m nothing if not inconsistent!)...” Read full tasting note
  • “This one has that familiar strong licorice background that a lot of bagged herbal teas seem to have. The other main flavor is the ginger that isn’t strong enough to be spicy, but it’s very present....” Read full tasting note
  • “This was a test try, hoping it would not be a pricey fail. It wasn’t. I think its a wonderful tasting tea. I got it mostly for the Ginger and my allergies. Its one of my faves right next to...” Read full tasting note

From Celestial Seasonings

(Additional Ingredients Not Available in Drop Down Menu: Maple Flavor, Luo Han Guo, & Vermont Maple Sugar.)

This unique herbal tea is deliciously complex. We pair real Vermont maple sugar with lively, earthy ginger to achieve the perfect balance of sweet and spice. This blend is a delightful way to start your morning and equally satisfying to sip on at the end of the day.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Thanks so much for the swap, AJRimmer!  I like this one!  It might be up there with my CS favorites.  It has a sweetness to it that doesn’t seem like stevia to me, as far as I can tell.  And then there is a SPICY kick which must be only ginger?  But the ingredients in the teabag were like a fine dust, so maybe more of the spice of the ginger is imparted that way?  It seems simple, but it’s different.  Not really MAPLE but what tea is ever actually maple?   The second steep had less of a kick, but plenty of sweetness. With the kick, I’m glad I only used one teabag at a time.
Steep #1  // 1 teabag for full mug // 18 minutes after boiling  // 2-3 minute steep
Steep #2  // just boiled //  3 1/2 min

gmathis

I discovered this over the winter months and really like it.

When I first reviewed this last year, I noted that it’s maple first, then ginger. Allow me to reverse the order. (Hey, if you’ve read my reviews over the years, I’m nothing if not inconsistent!) Gently sweet, but not overdone.

It’s still a very nice autumn option, which I need to try with milk. This would latte nicely.

ashmanra

I would prefer maple first! I wonder how it would be as a latte sweetened with maple syrup?

Couldn’t hurt!

teaqueen

I adore this one. Perfect low maintenance fall blend.

gmathis

I am all about the low maintenance.

Inkling

I’m not usually a fan of CS, but this one actually sounds pretty tempting!

This one has that familiar strong licorice background that a lot of bagged herbal teas seem to have. The other main flavor is the ginger that isn’t strong enough to be spicy, but it’s very present. In some sips, I feel like I can taste a bit of maple, though I’m not sure if that’s just my imagination. I bought this tea looking for a strong maple flavor, so I’m a little disappointed. It’s easy to drink, but nothing special. Whenever I drink it, I do find myself wishing I were drinking other teas instead.

This was a test try, hoping it would not be a pricey fail. It wasn’t. I think its a wonderful tasting tea. I got it mostly for the Ginger and my allergies. Its one of my faves right next to Vanilla Fireside

Flavors: Ginger, Maple Syrup

I’ll be in the minority on this one, I guess— I love it.
It has just the perfect amount of maple sugar in it to give it the woodsy, butterscotchy maple flavor without being sickeningly sweet.
The ginger is warming and gives it a nice spicy edge.
You can’t really oversteep it— it’s very low maintenance and suitable for busy work environments, like most CS teas.
I brewed this with hot water from the office coffee machine in my Tervis. I’m drinking this decidedly autumnal/ wintery brew in the middle of summer for the anti-inflammatory properties of the ginger. This honestly tastes loads better than a straight ginger or lemon ginger infusion, or the turmeric ginger tisane I’ve tried (although the turmeric ginger tea works the best medicinally).

Flavors: Ginger, Maple, Maple Syrup, Spicy, Sugar, Wood

It smells a lot stronger than it tastes, and there’s something artificial about it, yet I find it goes down easy first thing in the morning, I think because it smells so sweet. I use one teabag in my giant travel mug, so it’s very dilute. Brewed in a regular-sized mug, the fake flavor is way over the top.

20 OZ / 591 ML

16oz to one teabag, 195f, i didn’t take the bag out. I don’t mind this, but I did leave it to cool significantly before indulging. The maple scent is strong but only adds a touch of sweetness. The ginger is not too spicy, but is present. I would not sweeten this tea, but I will drink it again.

1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’m not sure who this tea would appeal to as I didn’t make it past a couple sips before dumping it.

Where do I even start?

I’m overwhelmed by the ginger and while I taste the maple it doesn’t balance the ginger out. There’s supposed to be a balance of spicy and sweet and all I got was no and no.

The flavors don’t taste as I want or expect. Yes, I taste ginger. Yes, I taste maple. Yes, they taste the way they should but, yet, they don’t if that makes sense? There’s something off, though I can’t put my finger on it. Perhaps it’s an imitation flavoring that is doing me in with this, but whatever it is it was enough of an off-putting taste that I opted to dump the remainder to tea. That is something I’ve only done once before out of thousands of cups of tea (with gunpowder tea).

This tea is leaving my house ASAP via the garbage.

Flavors: Ginger, Maple Syrup