Gingerbread Spice

Herbal Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

A wonderful way to thaw a frosty chill is to step into a cozy kitchen warmed by the spicy aroma of fresh-baked gingerbread! That old-fashioned recipe flavors our Gingerbread Spice Herb Tea — a nostalgic medley of ginger, cinnamon and other good-for-you ingredients. Because it’s naturally caffeine free, you can indulge in this festive tea anytime.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Had an opportunity to try this tea this weekend. I decided to steep it in hot milk to make kind of a gingerbread latte. It wasn’t very strong but that was probably due to the milk. I was definitely getting a gingerbread flavor! It was nice a warming on a chilly February afternoon.

After reading some of the reviews on this tea, I seem to be in the minority. I actually like this one and find it remarkably similar to the taste of gingerbread. It isn’t something I would drink daily or even too often, but it is much better than I expected. I bought a total of 2 boxes of each holiday tea that CS had at my grocery store and i’m sure that my 2 boxes of this tea will be finished happily within a couple of months.

YUCK! A friend gave this to me at work today so I thought I would try it. Can’t even finish my cup. Soooo gross. I really enjoy their Candy Cane Lane, but this one was a huge dissappointment!!!

Jaime

So sad! I really like the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride…and was thinking about picking this one up, since I’m now out of my gingerbread chai. Guess I’ll pass!

This smells delicious, but the taste sadly does not live up to it. I’m really not fond of the taste of roasted chicory or barley or whichever one it is they always add to give herbal teas “body.” I was given a cup of this; it’s warm and smells nice and I’ll probably drink all of it, but I’d have a hard time getting it down without the honey and milk I added.

Boiling 8 min or more

Well, I should’ve known better since I really don’t like spiced teas (chai, etc.) but gingerbread sounded yummy and Christmas-y and it seemed like a lot of people like it. I double-bagged per other Steepster peeps’ recommendations, but it was just a super strong mouthful of spices, I didn’t get any creaminess or sweetness at all. Took a few sips & poured it down the drain.

I probably won’t give this another try since I think it’s just flavors I don’t really care for. Apparently I haven’t had very much gingerbread in my lifetime? Tried a ginger snap yesterday and didn’t really care for it, I guess my tastebuds were expecting something more like pumpkin spice, which I absolutely love. So if anyone knows of a good caffeine-free pumpkin spice tea or tisane, please let me know!

Starfevre

I hate ‘spiced’ teas too but then I don’t like the spices involved generally (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom). Good luck.

Probably should have read some other reviews before getting it. It /is/ quite weak, but still enjoyable. Perhaps I’ll double-bag it next time. Hum.

Boiling

This one is nice enough. I steep it forever. I think my continual beef with it is that it can’t deliver the warm, soft gingerbread cookie texture and flavor and I keep having to remind myself it is tea. It’s a very mellow and gentle ginger-y flavor, and the spice gives it a kick. I don’t drink it with sugar or honey, simply boiled and cooled for a short time. It does come off sweet in a few sips without being sugary all on its own.

Boiling 8 min or more

I really cannot bring myself to drink this. My friend gave me an entire box of this tea a while ago. The blend smells delicious both wet and dry, and the murky orangey cup it creates smells like liquid gingerbread. But the taste just isn’t there! This doesn’t really taste like gingerbread; just a muddle of spices without any real direction. Surprisingly enough, even when I steep this for a long time, it still has a watery taste. Not a favorite at all.

Do NOT add sugar to this. It makes it taste ridiculously awful. I couldn’t even down most of my cup today as a result.

takgoti

This is exactly, EXACTLY what my experience with Adagio’s Pumpkin Spice was like. It’s always a downer when the taste doesn’t live up to the smell. That’s what eventually made me stop eating scented candles.

I think I have to decide if tea after 8 pm is worth the 5 am bathroom trip. Zzz.

The ginger flavour is pretty strong. It’s alright with a little soy milk.