Gingerbread Spice

Herbal Tea
Baked Bread, Ginger, Cinnamon, Spices, Molasses
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

A wonderful way to thaw a frosty chill is to step into a cozy kitchen warmed by the spicy aroma of fresh-baked gingerbread! That old-fashioned recipe flavors our Gingerbread Spice Herb Tea — a nostalgic medley of ginger, cinnamon and other good-for-you ingredients. Because it’s naturally caffeine free, you can indulge in this festive tea anytime.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Whoa. This one is seriously heavy on the ginger. There’s also quite a bit of cinnamon. It’s surprisingly bold for an herbal tea, and while I do get the gingerbread (as in bread, not cookies) comparison, I mostly taste hot, spicy ginger snaps. Not bad at all!

As someone who isn’t a ginger fan this is a hard tea to like. I imagine if I did love ginger I’d like this more. I like the certain bready quality it has to it. Reminds me of eating a gingerbread man which I love. Theoretically I would love this tea since I love gingerbread men so much but…I don’t know…in tea form there’s just too much ginger for me >

Flavors: Baked Bread, Ginger

albertocanfly

I’ve considered adding one bag of this + one of sugar cookie sleigh ride and see how it turns out. Might mellow out the ginger with some doughy-ness:P

albertocanfly

Plus, I am glad you got to finally try it!^.^

Ost

Oo that might actually be good! Let me know how it turns out! XD

Water temp- just boiling
Steep time- 6 minutes

A delicious tea- I think I may try to stock up on a few boxes to last me throughout the year.

As a side note, I was nauseous for the last few days. I read that ginger helps ease the tummy. I drank this tea and it seemed to help!

Upon opening the package, the first smells I noticed were cinnamon and ginger- reminded me of a Christmas spice aisle at the Grocers. I also noticed another spice smell, but I can’t identify it at the moment.

The tea steeps to a nice dark golden brown.

It doesn’t exactly taste like a gingerbread cookie, but you can definitely taste the ginger, cinnamon, and other woody-type flavours.

The cinnamon flavour coats your tongue- it leaves a pleasant tingle.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices

8 OZ / 236 ML

I was at the grocery store today and saw the big display of Celestial Seasoning’s holiday tea. I decided to get this because I don’t have too many herbals that aren’t medicinal or rooibos blends. I was a bit dismayed to see so many crappy reviews when I got home on Steepster. Boy, you folks are a tough crowd!

Anyway I steeped this up in a smaller mug for 4 minutes. I am definitely getting ginger and yes, cinnamon, but not really “bread” or gingerbread anyway. This was better after some soymilk was added, made it a bit creamy. I have to wonder how this would taste with some rooibos thrown in, or some black tea. More experiments may be needed. Anyway, this is okay, I think I will drink it this winter but probably won’t be a repurchase for me.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I made this again today with 1/2 tsp. chai spices, 1/2 tsp. Adagio Hazelnut Honeybush tea, and a pinch of Xylitol. I think the honeybush does add something, so I might include it when I make this in the future.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Second cup of the day. With sugar and milk, this is quite a different tea. It was fairly dessert-like anyway, although with an edge of spice and bitterness that pushed it away from that a little and more towards the realms of chai. With sugar and milk, the slight bitterness is completely gone, and the spice becomes a more integral part of an overall sweet, cookie-dough like flavour. It’s so desserty and rich — liquid gingerbread man!

I like this equally both with and without additions — each is a different experience. From my initial uncertainty, I’ve actually found a very versatile tea!

I liked this tea at first. It had strong flavors of cinnamon. But then after drinking it the flavors of ginger became really strong. I personally do not like ginger but I know many people who do. I would recommend trying this if you like ginger or gingerbread.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cinnamon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

There’s something missing in this blend to make it truly a gingerbread experience. Maybe I was expecting the gingerbread version of sugar cookie sleighride? Regardless, I wish it had the buttery cookie notes that I would expect from a gingerbread spice tea, besides just “SPICE!”

This is not my favorite, but it’s not bad. This was on sale at the grocery tonight and I’m a complete sucker for holiday teas, so decided to go for it. My hope was that this tea would be heavier on the ginger and lighter on the cinnamon, since none of the other Celestial Seasonings holiday teas that have cinnamon actually taste anything like cinnamon to me (I’ve tried Candy Cane Lane and Nutcrakcer Sweet). This tea really had me worried at first, because it smelled and tasted just like those horrible cinnamon pine cones at the grocery store. Didn’t pick up on the ginger, just cinnamon. Luckily, the cinnamon toned down and the ginger picked up a bit after the tea cooled some and I added some cream and sugar. With those additions, the tea is much more palatable and I like the warmth of the ginger. My husband said it tastes like a cookie, and he didn’t know the name of the tea! I’ll drink the rest of the box, but probably won’t get another box next year, unless it really grows on me. I’m curious about mixing it with some of my other holiday teas.

Discovered a delicious combo. I use one bag of this and one bag of the sugar cookie sleigh ride and then it tastes like a spiced sugar cookie! For a bagged tea I really like this one. Nice one to have when I am craving some ginger.