Gingerbread Spice

Herbal Tea
Ginger, Molasses, Spices, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

A wonderful way to thaw a frosty chill is to step into a cozy kitchen warmed by the spicy aroma of fresh-baked gingerbread! That old-fashioned recipe flavors our Gingerbread Spice Herb Tea — a nostalgic medley of ginger, cinnamon and other good-for-you ingredients. Because it’s naturally caffeine free, you can indulge in this festive tea anytime.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I made this again today with 1/2 tsp. chai spices, 1/2 tsp. Adagio Hazelnut Honeybush tea, and a pinch of Xylitol. I think the honeybush does add something, so I might include it when I make this in the future.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Second cup of the day. With sugar and milk, this is quite a different tea. It was fairly dessert-like anyway, although with an edge of spice and bitterness that pushed it away from that a little and more towards the realms of chai. With sugar and milk, the slight bitterness is completely gone, and the spice becomes a more integral part of an overall sweet, cookie-dough like flavour. It’s so desserty and rich — liquid gingerbread man!

I like this equally both with and without additions — each is a different experience. From my initial uncertainty, I’ve actually found a very versatile tea!

I liked this tea at first. It had strong flavors of cinnamon. But then after drinking it the flavors of ginger became really strong. I personally do not like ginger but I know many people who do. I would recommend trying this if you like ginger or gingerbread.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cinnamon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

There’s something missing in this blend to make it truly a gingerbread experience. Maybe I was expecting the gingerbread version of sugar cookie sleighride? Regardless, I wish it had the buttery cookie notes that I would expect from a gingerbread spice tea, besides just “SPICE!”

This is not my favorite, but it’s not bad. This was on sale at the grocery tonight and I’m a complete sucker for holiday teas, so decided to go for it. My hope was that this tea would be heavier on the ginger and lighter on the cinnamon, since none of the other Celestial Seasonings holiday teas that have cinnamon actually taste anything like cinnamon to me (I’ve tried Candy Cane Lane and Nutcrakcer Sweet). This tea really had me worried at first, because it smelled and tasted just like those horrible cinnamon pine cones at the grocery store. Didn’t pick up on the ginger, just cinnamon. Luckily, the cinnamon toned down and the ginger picked up a bit after the tea cooled some and I added some cream and sugar. With those additions, the tea is much more palatable and I like the warmth of the ginger. My husband said it tastes like a cookie, and he didn’t know the name of the tea! I’ll drink the rest of the box, but probably won’t get another box next year, unless it really grows on me. I’m curious about mixing it with some of my other holiday teas.

Discovered a delicious combo. I use one bag of this and one bag of the sugar cookie sleigh ride and then it tastes like a spiced sugar cookie! For a bagged tea I really like this one. Nice one to have when I am craving some ginger.

I like ginger in just about everything, but this was not my favorite. The ginger is somewhat overwhelming, and the luo han guo made it a little too sweet for me. It’s certainly not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t get it again.

If you let it steep longer, the cinnamon will finally come out. I did add a touch of sugar, but I don’t think it’s really needed.
This is a nice warm weather tea, but it’s also good for relaxing late at night since it has that calming effect {due to the lovely smell of cinnamon}, and no caffeine.

I’m not a big fan of this tea. I was expecting more of a gingery desert tea, and I taste more of the chicory/barley. I guess it does really have the floury taste of a gingerbread cookie, but somehow that’s not as nice in a tea – and I really want more ginger.

Bleah. Maybe I just don’t like the undertone of barley. I do not want to throw this out so I added cream and honey and it was actually drinkable. However, I will not buy this one again.