Gingerbread Spice

Herbal Tea
Molasses, Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Clove, Cookie, Cloves, Nutmeg, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

A wonderful way to thaw a frosty chill is to step into a cozy kitchen warmed by the spicy aroma of fresh-baked gingerbread! That old-fashioned recipe flavors our Gingerbread Spice Herb Tea — a nostalgic medley of ginger, cinnamon and other good-for-you ingredients. Because it’s naturally caffeine free, you can indulge in this festive tea anytime.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This one is definitely the weakest of the Celestial Seasonings Holiday teas I’ve tried so far. I still have to review Candy Cane Lane, but suffice to say, this one didn’t make the cut for me. It has a very heavy molasses taste that really overpowers any of the other spices and flavours in the mix. It has a lovely aroma brewed up, but the taste just doesn’t measure up. If you’re looking for a cookie in a cup, stick with the sugar cookie sleigh ride!

Flavors: Molasses

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I used a 16oz mug, filled it to the brim with boiling water then added two tea bags held them down at the bottom of the cup with a spoon, steeped for 9 minutes, then added several different types of cinnamon, a little ginger, and a little unsweetened vanilla cashew milk. This cup of tea was a very very nice treat and left me wanting another one when I finished it.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Ginger, Molasses, Spices, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes

Boiling 8 min or more 15 OZ / 443 ML

Herbal & Decaf TTB

Since it’s been so chilly today, I had another cup from the box. This one I was very wary of because I generally don’t like teas that just rely on spices. This one actually did have some “bready” notes and was reminiscent of gingerbread cookies, but the spices were still very, very prominent. Surprisingly, the ginger I was expecting was nearly non-existent, but the other spices I associate with gingerbread were still there (weird) – the tea was mostly cinnamon and clove based to me.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Clove, Cookie

I really enjoy this tea. It’s a good one. The only problem I have with it, is that if you leave the tea bag in your cup too long, it gets really spicy- too spicy. If you take it out soon after it has turned a deep brown color and is to the taste you want, you should take it out to conserve that rich taste. With some sugar, it makes a great cup of tea.

Actually tastes like gingerbread! It’s pretty tasty.

Flavors: Ginger

For once, a gingerbread tea that tastes like gingerbread rather than the usual spiced apple and fruit mixtures. It does a good job of tasting like a gingerbread cookie, I rather wish I had some to dip in it. Pleasant.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

Nice festive tea! It could easily become a seasonal favourite. I wouldn’t say it’s something I’d drink regularly because the spices can be a bit overpowering. But the aroma is nice!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 350 ML

Found a box that was stashed away from last winter. Main flavors are cinnamon and mild ginger. Decent but not amazing, I prefer really strong ginger flavor in my tea. Will probably take to the office for afternoon drinking, though.

I don’t drink tea with sugar but it might make for a nice “cookie” flavored dessert tea if you do.

EDIT: Just discovered my office has a large communal tea stash so somebody else gets to appreciate this one.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger

Disappointingly weak gingerbread taste, especially compared to the sugar cookie tea.

Flavors: Ginger

Whoa. This one is seriously heavy on the ginger. There’s also quite a bit of cinnamon. It’s surprisingly bold for an herbal tea, and while I do get the gingerbread (as in bread, not cookies) comparison, I mostly taste hot, spicy ginger snaps. Not bad at all!