Gingerbread Spice

Herbal Tea
Ginger, Molasses, Spices, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

A wonderful way to thaw a frosty chill is to step into a cozy kitchen warmed by the spicy aroma of fresh-baked gingerbread! That old-fashioned recipe flavors our Gingerbread Spice Herb Tea — a nostalgic medley of ginger, cinnamon and other good-for-you ingredients. Because it’s naturally caffeine free, you can indulge in this festive tea anytime.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This is spicy, but not a chai spicy. I’m not a fan of ginger though, so I don’t love this tea but it isn’t bad.

Received this as a gift from my mother, along with another bagged tea from the Holiday range.

The scent is definitely artificial – this is more apparent in the dry leaf than the actual brew – but not altogether unpleasant. I can recognize it as gingerbread, at any rate, but it doesn’t bring back any warm, fuzzy memories of freshly-baked cookies.

I overbrewed this once; it became almost nauseatinly strong, and the fakeness took over any flavor I might have found. Brewed properly (seven to ten minutes; as long as you don’t leave it alone for twenty, like I did, the tea seems fairly forgiving), the tea tastes mostly of ginger. Warm, not unpleasant. Tastes more like gingerbread when sweetened, but I’ve been drinking it without sugar.

All in all, this isn’t an awful tea. I wouldn’t suggest buying it – I certainly won’t be repurchasing – but I don’t regret having it, and I will finish my box. Average, I guess, and on par with what I would expect from novelty tea.

Meh. I was so hoping for more flavor with this tea and it came out lame even with sugar. When did I become such a loose tea snob? This tisane is completely unremarkable. The ginger does little for me.

Dear Celestial Seasonings —

Please start making tisanes that taste like something besides watered down flavors.

Thanks!

On first taste I was not overly fond of this tea. With some tinkering and addition of honey, I found the right balance to make it a rejuvenating tea for cold days.

I really enjoy this around christmas time.