Gingerbread Spice

Herbal Tea
Baked Bread, Cinnamon, Ginger, Molasses, Spices, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Clove, Cookie, Cloves, Nutmeg, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

From Celestial Seasonings

A wonderful way to thaw a frosty chill is to step into a cozy kitchen warmed by the spicy aroma of fresh-baked gingerbread! That old-fashioned recipe flavors our Gingerbread Spice Herb Tea — a nostalgic medley of ginger, cinnamon and other good-for-you ingredients. Because it’s naturally caffeine free, you can indulge in this festive tea anytime.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Water temp- just boiling
Steep time- 6 minutes

A delicious tea- I think I may try to stock up on a few boxes to last me throughout the year.

As a side note, I was nauseous for the last few days. I read that ginger helps ease the tummy. I drank this tea and it seemed to help!

Upon opening the package, the first smells I noticed were cinnamon and ginger- reminded me of a Christmas spice aisle at the Grocers. I also noticed another spice smell, but I can’t identify it at the moment.

The tea steeps to a nice dark golden brown.

It doesn’t exactly taste like a gingerbread cookie, but you can definitely taste the ginger, cinnamon, and other woody-type flavours.

The cinnamon flavour coats your tongue- it leaves a pleasant tingle.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices

8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m a big fan of gingerbread flavoring: I love gingerbread in scones, tea, cookies, cakes, coffee, pancakes, waffles, muffins, candies, pretty much in any way available! Ginger is a seasoning I use in loads of foods, savory and sweet. For a grocery store bagged tea, this is quite good compared to any other gingerbread flavors that lack the extra spices beyond ginger and cinnamon. Overall, it’s quite alright and enjoyable enough to keep it until a better one comes along. I’m still searching for a better gingerbread tea, but this’ll do in the meanwhile. I recommend it for a easy-to-find, seasonal gingerbread fix.

Flavors: “Cinnamon, roasted chicory, ginger, natural flavors (soy lecithin), roasted carob and luo han guo.”
*Not perfection, but not a flat ginger+cinnamon
*The chicory + carob give a sweet molasses vibe, the requirement for me to take it from a ginger blend to gingerbread
*I’m not too fond of soy lecithin in tea blends, but it didn’t make me mad or detract too much
*The luo han guo/monk fruit sweetens the tea a bit and blends with the molasses note to emulate more of a slightly anemic brown sugar vibe

Temperature:
*Boiling can destroy the carob subtlety and make it more forest floor dirty than umami earthy, boosting the cinnamon and ginger over everything else and keeping a more one-dimensional and boring flavor
*Just under boiling doesn’t kill the carob, but doesn’t do it any favors in this blend
*I prefer a cooler 165-170 for this blend

Timing:
*3 minutes, eh. Not enough sweetness to rich molasses ratio, chicory needs more time to bloom, nearly all cinnamon.
*3.5, better.
*4 minutes, very good flavor combination for those that aren’t full-flavor/crunchy tea connoisseur, unlike me.
*I prefer 5+ minutes to get a stronger flavor with optimal ginger to molasses flavor. I’m all about that richness in flavor for the cream to enhance it

Flavors: Cinnamon, Earth, Ginger, Molasses, Sweet

well, I have gone through a whole box of this and I’m surprised as I’ve only had it for a few months. A tasty herbal tisane for the price, I mostly drink it for the health benefits associated with ginger. It also makes a nice dessert tea when you mix it with soymilk.

I haven’t been on Steepster as much lately now that I’m working full time. especially due to the fact that I’m trying to drink down my stash instead of buying more. I have a lot of tea. :-P

gmathis

Steepster traffic always seems to lighten up in spring and summer…that’s the time of year I try to start drinking up the scraps and using them for iced tea…

TeaBrat

I am going to try not to buy any for the next few months. Only exception might be some shincha and some darjeeling… :)

gmathis

(Yeah, listen to me talking the big talk. I have birthday gift money squirreled away for upcoming trip to shopping venue with both Savoy Tea Company and a Fresh Market…) I have, however, made it to the bottom of three packets this week and emptied the last leaves into the Junkyard Tea Jar.

I made this again today with 1/2 tsp. chai spices, 1/2 tsp. Adagio Hazelnut Honeybush tea, and a pinch of Xylitol. I think the honeybush does add something, so I might include it when I make this in the future.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Second cup of the day. With sugar and milk, this is quite a different tea. It was fairly dessert-like anyway, although with an edge of spice and bitterness that pushed it away from that a little and more towards the realms of chai. With sugar and milk, the slight bitterness is completely gone, and the spice becomes a more integral part of an overall sweet, cookie-dough like flavour. It’s so desserty and rich — liquid gingerbread man!

I like this equally both with and without additions — each is a different experience. From my initial uncertainty, I’ve actually found a very versatile tea!

I liked this tea at first. It had strong flavors of cinnamon. But then after drinking it the flavors of ginger became really strong. I personally do not like ginger but I know many people who do. I would recommend trying this if you like ginger or gingerbread.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cinnamon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

There’s something missing in this blend to make it truly a gingerbread experience. Maybe I was expecting the gingerbread version of sugar cookie sleighride? Regardless, I wish it had the buttery cookie notes that I would expect from a gingerbread spice tea, besides just “SPICE!”

This is not my favorite, but it’s not bad. This was on sale at the grocery tonight and I’m a complete sucker for holiday teas, so decided to go for it. My hope was that this tea would be heavier on the ginger and lighter on the cinnamon, since none of the other Celestial Seasonings holiday teas that have cinnamon actually taste anything like cinnamon to me (I’ve tried Candy Cane Lane and Nutcrakcer Sweet). This tea really had me worried at first, because it smelled and tasted just like those horrible cinnamon pine cones at the grocery store. Didn’t pick up on the ginger, just cinnamon. Luckily, the cinnamon toned down and the ginger picked up a bit after the tea cooled some and I added some cream and sugar. With those additions, the tea is much more palatable and I like the warmth of the ginger. My husband said it tastes like a cookie, and he didn’t know the name of the tea! I’ll drink the rest of the box, but probably won’t get another box next year, unless it really grows on me. I’m curious about mixing it with some of my other holiday teas.

Discovered a delicious combo. I use one bag of this and one bag of the sugar cookie sleigh ride and then it tastes like a spiced sugar cookie! For a bagged tea I really like this one. Nice one to have when I am craving some ginger.

I like ginger in just about everything, but this was not my favorite. The ginger is somewhat overwhelming, and the luo han guo made it a little too sweet for me. It’s certainly not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t get it again.