Herbal Tea
Mint, Orange, Hops, Spearmint
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

From Celestial Seasonings

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.” —Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Sleepytime—A Bedtime Story
We started blending all-natural teas from herbs picked in the fields and forests of the Rocky Mountains back in 1969. Sensing the need for a truly soothing tea to help calm the nervous world around them, our founders created the beloved blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass known as Sleepytime. The first batches were packaged in hand-sewn muslim bags adorned with a simple drawing of a peacefully sleeping bear. Since then, we’ve served up nearly 2 billion cups of our comforting Sleepytime teas—helping the whole world unwind!

Ingredients: Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot tea by the cup: Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Only tea I’ll drink with sugar. Also I used to have an old tin box when Celestial seasonings sold them in them. Someone stole it from me though :-(.

Despite the usual “take a pill” advise for falling asleep…. This one works amazingly well!!!

Tastes a bit weird to me; I’m not a big fan of the chamomile-spearmint combo. YMMV on whether it makes you sleepy!

I drank large amounts of this, bought the matching move and tiny tin to carry them in. I used to drink it before bed and it helped to settle my nerves during my master’s thesis time.

Very relaxing, and I love the scent. I used to drink this to chill out during finals. :)

My favorite nighttime tea.

Better than I remember it.

It’s relaxing, yes, but like the other reviewers said, it doesn’t really make you sleepy. Love the mint flavor. The only downside is that when you open the box for the first time, the smell reminds you of toothpaste.

Spearmint is my favorite kind of mint and I needed a relaxing tea to end my evening. Does it make me sleepy, no. But it sure does taste good!