Herbal Tea
Mint, Orange, Hops, Spearmint
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

• “Backlogging: I finally joined the masses and purchased a Keurig recently - a mini one, since we don't drink much coffee - and it's teal. Eee! I love it. Anyway, I purchased the Sleepytime K-cups,...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I saw my parents had a K-cup of this stuff, so I made it. I've been trying to find a good way to get myself to fall asleep and stay asleep. I've been using Benadryl and it makes me groggy in the...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “ikr i mean who even AM I?!?!? i'm drinking a camomile tea!? and bagged tea at that!? but listen, i did a 20 mile long run this morning and it made me stupid and the day all kindsa weird. (but ya...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “It's cozy; a good sloppy, bag-in steeper; and my hands were cold. This isn't a sleep-inducer for me, but it's soothing and calming and I was too tired to make anything that required conscious...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1757 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.” —Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Sleepytime—A Bedtime Story
We started blending all-natural teas from herbs picked in the fields and forests of the Rocky Mountains back in 1969. Sensing the need for a truly soothing tea to help calm the nervous world around them, our founders created the beloved blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass known as Sleepytime. The first batches were packaged in hand-sewn muslim bags adorned with a simple drawing of a peacefully sleeping bear. Since then, we’ve served up nearly 2 billion cups of our comforting Sleepytime teas—helping the whole world unwind!

Ingredients: Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot tea by the cup: Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This is up there with Constant Comment in my sentimental journey of teas. Celestial Seasonings’ herbal teas got me through high school, and given my schedule, it was mostly Lemon Zinger in the morning and Sleepytime at night.

Even though I don’t drink it all that often anymore, I still always keep a box of Sleepytime around for nights when I do stupid things like drink caffeine at 2 in the morning. It’s soothing, with just the right amount of mint. Maybe it’s Pavlovian at this point, but just smelling it seems to settle my mind a bit and it actually does make me a little sleepy.

It’s not one of my favorite herbals, but it’s good and it’s familiar, and sometimes it’s just what I need. Tonight is one of those nights.

Love Sleeptyime Tea. Drink it fairly often at night, especially in fall and winter, along with Grandma’s Tummy Mint. Sleepytime has wonderful aroma, great flavor. Gave it to my kids growing up and is one of those yummy comfort food type of treats.

~lauren.

Love yummy comfort food – and just recently found a whole new category – comfort teas!

When I was a kid this tea was part of my bedtime ritual.
Sleepytime tea and a book read by dad:-)

Today I enjoy drinking it whenever, but it will always remind me of my childhood.

Sleepytime has been a staple in my tea cupboard for a long time.. years, in fact. It’s got that familiar simple, soothing and minty taste. I love having this before bed when I can’t seem to settle down. I wouldn’t say that it’s anything spectacular, but it does have good memories tied to it and is something that I’ll always keep around.

I forget that a cup of caffeinated tea before doesn’t work out too well. I had this after a cup of Pumpkin Spice, and it worked well enough for me.
For a bagged herbal, its pretty alright.

Quite sure that I’m addicted to this stuff; I have several cups nightly. I don’t know if it actually induces any sensation of drowsiness, but it’s a lovely tea nonetheless. When I first tasted it, it was a bit too different from my regular fare of oolong and green teas, but I persisted.

Its warm steam travels like velvet with an oh-so-slight kick to clear any clogged sinuses. Very full and rich on the tongue – as much as hot water plus herbs can be.

Boiling 8 min or more

Would add some fresh mint to brew whenever possible.

Rena Sherwood

Interesting suggestion! I’ve got to try that.

One of my all time favorite teas, mostly due to the nostalgia factor – I always used to chill out with my mum and drink sleepytime together when I was really young. I always enjoy this tea at night, the lemon/woodsy aroma and the smooth, oh so calming taste always calms me down and takes me back quite a bit.

This is a childhood memory tea for me. Mom always had it in the cabinet when we were growing up and she would get it out once and awhile add a little sugar so my sister and I would drink it. I have come to enjoy the flavor more as an adult because it reminds me of home and warmth.

This always makes a glorious tisane, nice and soothing with a pleasantly soft aroma. I have been drinking this before bed for years and really, if it’s not the placebo effect, it’s a damn good way to get sleepy.