Herbal Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Hawthorn, Lemongrass, Rose Buds, Spearmint
Blackberry, Herbaceous, Medicinal, Spearmint, Mint, Sweet, Floral, Lemongrass, Orange, Hops
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Sabrael D. Carroll

3 Images

From Celestial Seasonings

A soothing blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass, Sleepytime® is the most beloved of our herbal tea recipes.

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

INGREDIENTS: Chamomile, spearmint, lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot Tea by the Cup

Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I like this tea. I find it really relaxing and a good thing to eat with a sweet snack.

Only caffeine-free tea in the house at the moment.

Another friendly gift, one I can appreciate much more than the box of Lipton from the same pal.
This tea is as soothing as the box advertises, and will definitely warm your insides and linger with a minty buttery flavor. It didn’t taste buttery at first, as for me the most prominent taste was mint and lemongrass (always a plus). Of course caffeine-free which I prefer after doing a sort of personal rehab with the mind-numbing stimulant; and being so helps this tea in being very naturally sweet.
Not one to keep around per-se, but the box certainly won’t go to waste.
Edit— Also would like to note I definitely appreciate the teamakers concern for the environment!

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I drank this tea a lot as a kid. Brings back some really good memories.

The first time I had this tea I was about 18 – this was a very long time ago lol. I drank it by mistake while visiting an Aunt, and loved it! When she told me what it was I logged it to memory and went home and bought my first box. Thus began my love affair with Sleepytime tea.
No other bedtime tea comes close!

Ultimate comfort tea before bed, full of flowers.

This tea tastes like nostalgia to me. I’ve been drinking it since I was a little girl. Of course, we all know it isn’t really a “tea,” but let’s not hold that against it. Sleepytime accomplishes exactly what it promises. If I need a little help chilling out before bed, a cup of this does wonders. It doesn’t hurt that it tastes pretty good, too. Strong chamomile up front, with the spearmint finishing up each sip in a nice cooling kind of way. A lot of people like it with honey. I can go with or without, depending on how I’m feeling. Which, after a mug of this liquid herbal comfort, is always chill, chill, chill.

Sleepytime is so mild and soothing. The flavors of lemongrass and spearmint are noticeably present, but their sting is completely eradicated by the flowery chamomile. The tea is light-bodied and faintly sweet—but it could definitely take honey if that’s, your, you know, cup of tea.

I’d recommend this for its stated purpose of winding down, especially for those who find Tension Tamer too strong.

I’ve been drinking this tea since I was a toddler. It’s always been a staple in my cupboard and will continue to be so! And even though my taste for tea is far more refined now, I can’t get away from this one. When I drink it I think back to those cozy happy late nights from my childhood. In a sense this tea is a ultimate memory stimulant…if that makes sense.

The tea itself is actually nothing special….just exactly what you expect from a bagged camomile/spearmint/whateverelse blend. But pretty much like everyone else here, since I’ve been drinking it all my life, it’s soothing c: Even teas that are really similar and of much better quality, like DavidsTea Vata Ayurvedic (and really like that one too!), can’t fully replace this one.

I always have honey in it though, and I’m careful not to steep it too long otherwise it ends up tasting stewed. Also, this is the best tea when you’re sick. Really clears the sinuses.

the perfect tea to relax before get into bed :3