Herbal Tea
Mint, Orange, Hops, Spearmint
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

• “Backlogging: I finally joined the masses and purchased a Keurig recently - a mini one, since we don't drink much coffee - and it's teal. Eee! I love it. Anyway, I purchased the Sleepytime K-cups,...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I saw my parents had a K-cup of this stuff, so I made it. I've been trying to find a good way to get myself to fall asleep and stay asleep. I've been using Benadryl and it makes me groggy in the...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “ikr i mean who even AM I?!?!? i'm drinking a camomile tea!? and bagged tea at that!? but listen, i did a 20 mile long run this morning and it made me stupid and the day all kindsa weird. (but ya...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 741 tasting notes
  • “It's cozy; a good sloppy, bag-in steeper; and my hands were cold. This isn't a sleep-inducer for me, but it's soothing and calming and I was too tired to make anything that required conscious...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1737 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.” —Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Sleepytime—A Bedtime Story
We started blending all-natural teas from herbs picked in the fields and forests of the Rocky Mountains back in 1969. Sensing the need for a truly soothing tea to help calm the nervous world around them, our founders created the beloved blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass known as Sleepytime. The first batches were packaged in hand-sewn muslim bags adorned with a simple drawing of a peacefully sleeping bear. Since then, we’ve served up nearly 2 billion cups of our comforting Sleepytime teas—helping the whole world unwind!

Ingredients: Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot tea by the cup: Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I love the mix of chamomile and spearmint in this tea. As per the name of this tea, I drink this when it’s “Sleepytime” for me. I wouldn’t say that it puts me to sleep, but it does help me relax at the very end of my day.

I typically steep this tea for a while in about 1/2 cup of water. Any more than that and I will wake up at night to pee. If I add any sweetener at all, it’s usually just a small bit of honey.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

When I was ten or so, this is what I would drink before going to bed. So it does ‘work’ in that regard. Unfortunately, the chamomile tasted so bitter to me I had to have a teaspoon or two of honey with it. Maybe it had something to do with the brewing time rather than the chamomile, but this tea turned me off chamomile.
It does taste wonderful with honey though.

This tea works in a pinch when I’m out of my other night time teas.

I remember liking this tea a lot the first time I tried it but this batch is definitely a sub par experience. The promise of spearmint and chamomile mix was not delivered right with neither spearmint nor chamomile recognizable and the whole mix tasting like “some herb” tea.

Classic. It’ll only make you sleepy if you chase a Xanax down with it. However, it does help to relax the innards if you have cramps or a digestive embarrassment. I think it also helps ease sore throats. Like Caitlan said — a great companion to sweet treats.

This tea reminds me of my youth. Cold nights at home with my family. Great decaf tea!!

This is one of my favourite bagged teas and herbal teas. I pretty much go for either Sleepytime or Tension Tamer whenever I just want a soothing evening tea. This one is quite chamomile-ish, but it has a bit of an extra something to it. Lovely.

There is A LOT of better “get sleepy” tea out there. Look harder. Even Bigelow’s version is better than this. This is just bland and old-tasting.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve been drinking this all my life, and though now I find it too mild, it is a perfect choice for a palette that is new to tea. It’s gentle and soft, which is why I usually add honey to this rather than sugar due to its light taste.

I recommend this most for children and people new/just getting adjusted to tea.

Flavors: Mint, Orange

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

[First Try] Less minty than I expected, which was nice because it didn’t feel too stimulating. Not at all sweet, either, which again sort of worked in favor of the lulling me to sleep aim. I don’t believe that the herbs in this blend are going to actually have any noticeable effect on sleep or calmness, but the experience of a cooling cup of warm tea plus the mellow flavor certainly had me relaxed and ready for bed.

Flavors: Hops, Spearmint