Herbal Tea
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Sabrael D. Carroll

3 Images

From Celestial Seasonings

A soothing blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass, Sleepytime® is the most beloved of our herbal tea recipes.

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

INGREDIENTS: Chamomile, spearmint, lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot Tea by the Cup

Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I love the mix of chamomile and spearmint in this tea. As per the name of this tea, I drink this when it’s “Sleepytime” for me. I wouldn’t say that it puts me to sleep, but it does help me relax at the very end of my day.

I typically steep this tea for a while in about 1/2 cup of water. Any more than that and I will wake up at night to pee. If I add any sweetener at all, it’s usually just a small bit of honey.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

When I was ten or so, this is what I would drink before going to bed. So it does ‘work’ in that regard. Unfortunately, the chamomile tasted so bitter to me I had to have a teaspoon or two of honey with it. Maybe it had something to do with the brewing time rather than the chamomile, but this tea turned me off chamomile.
It does taste wonderful with honey though.

This tea works in a pinch when I’m out of my other night time teas.

I remember liking this tea a lot the first time I tried it but this batch is definitely a sub par experience. The promise of spearmint and chamomile mix was not delivered right with neither spearmint nor chamomile recognizable and the whole mix tasting like “some herb” tea.

Classic. It’ll only make you sleepy if you chase a Xanax down with it. However, it does help to relax the innards if you have cramps or a digestive embarrassment. I think it also helps ease sore throats. Like Caitlan said — a great companion to sweet treats.

This tea reminds me of my youth. Cold nights at home with my family. Great decaf tea!!

This smells of sweet mint and chamomile. I like this one much better than Bigelow’s Sweet Dreams, but it’s still not really exciting enough to hold my attention today. I keep forgetting about it then having to reheat it. Perhaps another day when I’m in the mood for something calming I’ll come back to this one.

Flavors: Mint, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 6 OZ / 177 ML

I have been given two boxes of this tea and I’m trying to not let it go to waste. It’s not my favorite by any means but, it’s not bad either.

Flavors: Floral, Lemongrass, Spearmint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Gives you exactly what it says, delicious for a bagged tea. I find the spearmint in it goes well with the chamomile

This is not a bad herbal, and it smells and tastes quite pleasant. And it is very soothing and calming too. I was a little unused to a teabag without string but nothing a spoon can’t solve. :)