Herbal Tea
Mint, Orange, Hops, Spearmint
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

From Celestial Seasonings

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.” —Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Sleepytime—A Bedtime Story
We started blending all-natural teas from herbs picked in the fields and forests of the Rocky Mountains back in 1969. Sensing the need for a truly soothing tea to help calm the nervous world around them, our founders created the beloved blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass known as Sleepytime. The first batches were packaged in hand-sewn muslim bags adorned with a simple drawing of a peacefully sleeping bear. Since then, we’ve served up nearly 2 billion cups of our comforting Sleepytime teas—helping the whole world unwind!

Ingredients: Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot tea by the cup: Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I love the mix of chamomile and spearmint in this tea. As per the name of this tea, I drink this when it’s “Sleepytime” for me. I wouldn’t say that it puts me to sleep, but it does help me relax at the very end of my day.

I typically steep this tea for a while in about 1/2 cup of water. Any more than that and I will wake up at night to pee. If I add any sweetener at all, it’s usually just a small bit of honey.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

When I was ten or so, this is what I would drink before going to bed. So it does ‘work’ in that regard. Unfortunately, the chamomile tasted so bitter to me I had to have a teaspoon or two of honey with it. Maybe it had something to do with the brewing time rather than the chamomile, but this tea turned me off chamomile.
It does taste wonderful with honey though.

This tea works in a pinch when I’m out of my other night time teas.

I remember liking this tea a lot the first time I tried it but this batch is definitely a sub par experience. The promise of spearmint and chamomile mix was not delivered right with neither spearmint nor chamomile recognizable and the whole mix tasting like “some herb” tea.

Classic. It’ll only make you sleepy if you chase a Xanax down with it. However, it does help to relax the innards if you have cramps or a digestive embarrassment. I think it also helps ease sore throats. Like Caitlan said — a great companion to sweet treats.

This tea reminds me of my youth. Cold nights at home with my family. Great decaf tea!!

This is not a bad herbal, and it smells and tastes quite pleasant. And it is very soothing and calming too. I was a little unused to a teabag without string but nothing a spoon can’t solve. :)

I work in the freezer at a big box store—today I spent about 2 1/2 hours in -15 degrees. Brr! Had frost on my hair, eyelashes, scarf. I love it! I was definitely needing some tea when I got home, though. I hadn’t tried this before, and since I don’t want to be up for the next five hours, I figured now was a good a time as any.

Long story short, yum! I’m a sucker for mintyness, so this is a big thumbs up from me! Smells amazing, and happened to come with a “collectible tin,” aka, tea transporter for bags that aren’t individually wrapped. Happiness! A hot cup of tea on lunch can help bring feeling back to my legs. :D

Flavors: Mint

8 min or more

This is one of my favourite bagged teas and herbal teas. I pretty much go for either Sleepytime or Tension Tamer whenever I just want a soothing evening tea. This one is quite chamomile-ish, but it has a bit of an extra something to it. Lovely.

There is A LOT of better “get sleepy” tea out there. Look harder. Even Bigelow’s version is better than this. This is just bland and old-tasting.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML