Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

• “Backlogging: I finally joined the masses and purchased a Keurig recently - a mini one, since we don't drink much coffee - and it's teal. Eee! I love it. Anyway, I purchased the Sleepytime K-cups,...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I saw my parents had a K-cup of this stuff, so I made it. I've been trying to find a good way to get myself to fall asleep and stay asleep. I've been using Benadryl and it makes me groggy in the...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “ikr i mean who even AM I?!?!? i'm drinking a camomile tea!? and bagged tea at that!? but listen, i did a 20 mile long run this morning and it made me stupid and the day all kindsa weird. (but ya...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 715 tasting notes
  • “It's cozy; a good sloppy, bag-in steeper; and my hands were cold. This isn't a sleep-inducer for me, but it's soothing and calming and I was too tired to make anything that required conscious...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1628 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.” —Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Sleepytime—A Bedtime Story
We started blending all-natural teas from herbs picked in the fields and forests of the Rocky Mountains back in 1969. Sensing the need for a truly soothing tea to help calm the nervous world around them, our founders created the beloved blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass known as Sleepytime. The first batches were packaged in hand-sewn muslim bags adorned with a simple drawing of a peacefully sleeping bear. Since then, we’ve served up nearly 2 billion cups of our comforting Sleepytime teas—helping the whole world unwind!

Ingredients: Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot tea by the cup: Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

The first thing I taste is chamomile. It kind of overwhelms everything else.

Drank a double-strength mug of this before bed last night. I’m thinking that I might make chamomile an important part of my tea-drinking regimen, because I drank like four cups of chamomile-based tea yesterday, and I slept like a log and felt great when I woke up this morning. I did some reading up on chamomile, and although it’s pretty unexciting flavorwise, it provides a number of wonderful health benefits, such as helping with nausea, digestive problems, sleeplessness, and mild stress.

This is the classic go-to bedtime tea. I often forget about it for months at a time, forget how nice a blend it actually is, and then dig it out, think, Eh, why not?, brew up a cup of it, and remember why I always seem to have a box of it around. It’s mild and minty, extremely soothing, and puts me right to sleep, but not in a clearly-this-tea-is-going-to-knock-me-out-way. It’s more like a gentle nudge- my eyelids start drooping after I’m 2/3 of the way into the mug, and I feel more inclined to snuggle up with a book under the covers.

Sometimes, the old, tried-and-true sleep remedies like chamomile tea work the best.

I really enjoy this tea. I tend to drink it more in cold weather. It is very soothing and calming. It smells delicious. It has the smell of slightly spicy floral. It is wonderful with a little honey added. I like to steep this one a little longer than other teas I drink.

Bagged. This came in a Celestial Sample pack and I’ve been dying to try it.
Onwards, the team bag smells lemony and minty. I cannot
really make out the chamomile. Once I brewed it and added sugar, I only
tasted the chamomile. Very good and very rich in flavor. After working 8+ hours it was
the perfect end to my stressful day.

Wonderful tea. Very relaxing minty aroma and flavor, mixes very well with a bit of cream and honey. I usually have issues getting to sleep and don’t sleep deeply. I decided to try this since taking Unisom every night didn’t seem healthy. I was completely relaxed and out like a light within 10 minutes and slept deeply for a little over 10 hours.

This has to be one of my all-time favourites. It’s calming and soothing as the titles clearly suggests. With a little bit of honey and lemon it has always soothed my cold/flu with the tummy-friendly mix of spearmint and chamomile. I keep this stuff handy.

Love it great smell and taste

it was amazing and really helped!

This blend is growing on me. I like that the spearmint isn’t too overpowering. This tastes like a milder version of Tazo® Calm™. Nope, no honey for this one. This is good as it is. Clears a minor headache and induces calm energy.

Boiling 8 min or more

Hadn’t had this in ages. I had not remembered the mint in it—that was an unpleasant surprise.