Herbal Tea
Mint, Orange, Hops, Spearmint
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

• “Backlogging: I finally joined the masses and purchased a Keurig recently - a mini one, since we don't drink much coffee - and it's teal. Eee! I love it. Anyway, I purchased the Sleepytime K-cups,...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I saw my parents had a K-cup of this stuff, so I made it. I've been trying to find a good way to get myself to fall asleep and stay asleep. I've been using Benadryl and it makes me groggy in the...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “ikr i mean who even AM I?!?!? i'm drinking a camomile tea!? and bagged tea at that!? but listen, i did a 20 mile long run this morning and it made me stupid and the day all kindsa weird. (but ya...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 736 tasting notes
  • “It's cozy; a good sloppy, bag-in steeper; and my hands were cold. This isn't a sleep-inducer for me, but it's soothing and calming and I was too tired to make anything that required conscious...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1690 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.” —Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Sleepytime—A Bedtime Story
We started blending all-natural teas from herbs picked in the fields and forests of the Rocky Mountains back in 1969. Sensing the need for a truly soothing tea to help calm the nervous world around them, our founders created the beloved blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass known as Sleepytime. The first batches were packaged in hand-sewn muslim bags adorned with a simple drawing of a peacefully sleeping bear. Since then, we’ve served up nearly 2 billion cups of our comforting Sleepytime teas—helping the whole world unwind!

Ingredients: Chamomile, spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot tea by the cup: Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

This blend is growing on me. I like that the spearmint isn’t too overpowering. This tastes like a milder version of Tazo® Calm™. Nope, no honey for this one. This is good as it is. Clears a minor headache and induces calm energy.

Boiling 8 min or more

Hadn’t had this in ages. I had not remembered the mint in it—that was an unpleasant surprise.

This is one of the few bagged teas I drink. This is my “comfort” tea. It’s a great way to unwind at the end of a day and an instant go-to when I’m feeling sick, stressed out, or need a quick pick me up.

I drink this tea pretty often. Typically every other night. I used to boil the water in my kettle, but now I use my Keurig to heat the water, then still use the bag. It’s a great way to end the day!

I don’t love the smell of this tea, but it was just what I needed before I went to sleep last night!

The king of sleepy teas. Has a nice pleasant flavor, which I prefer over bigelow’s sweet dreams or trader joes well rested. Really relaxes me when I drink it. And of course it has maybe the cutest art in the whole tea industry. The bear even inspired me to get one of those old fashioned sleeping hats and pajamas to add to my experience.

Ah, this is my childhood tea. My Mom and Nana used to brew it for me when I was little to get me to fall asleep. It worked. I liked it with milk and sugar. But now that I am older I like lemon and honey. Don’t put me to sleep anymore, but it’s a great relaxer!

Absolute favourite! Reminds me of chilly winter days at Nanas farm.

I probably wouldn’t care about this if I hadn’t been drinking it since I was a child, but I have, and so I do. The box makes me feel cosy, and the smell reminds me of happier times.

There are far better chamomile blends out there, but Sleepytime is an old classic. I can’t help but turn to it when nothing else works, and if nothing else, the scent lulls me to sleep.