Herbal Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Chamomile, Hawthorn, Lemongrass, Rose Buds, Spearmint
Blackberry, Herbaceous, Medicinal, Spearmint, Mint, Sweet, Floral, Lemongrass, Orange, Hops
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Sabrael D. Carroll

3 Images

From Celestial Seasonings

A soothing blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass, Sleepytime® is the most beloved of our herbal tea recipes.

“Sleepytime’s comforting aroma and perfectly balanced flavor are achieved by blending soothing herbal ingredients from around the world—including floral Egyptian chamomile, cool spearmint from the Pacific Northwest, and lively Guatemalan lemongrass. This global synergy is only fitting, since all over the world, generations of tea lovers have wound down their day with Sleepytime.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

INGREDIENTS: Chamomile, spearmint, lemongrass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn and rosebuds.

Hot Tea by the Cup

Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I like this tea as well and now that I can buy it in K-Cup format it is even better!

It does help with sleeping but still think Davids Tea Mother’s Little Helper might be a bit better at that.

What can I say? It’s Sleepytime. This was the first non-sweet tea I drank (at a friend’s house, served by her hippie mom) and it has stuck with me all these years. The chamomile and spearmint flavors are most pronounced, but like other people have said, it’s not so much the flavor, it’s the comfort-food aspect of it. If I really want tea to comfort me, this is what I go for. I actually have a box at home and a box at work—the only tea I do that with.

I love this tea. It is the perfect before bed blend. I’m a big sucker for mint and this is the perfect fix without being too strong. As the other reviewers have been saying, it’s ideal for winding down, especially if you’re sipping it in bed while reading a book.

Randomly saw this in my pantry and brewed some up. To me, the taste is very close to watered-down Throat Coat while chewing Double Mint gum. It’s not a “bad” taste profile…but I wouldn’t consider drinking it every night to go to sleep. Plus, the flavors only come out if you steep the bag more than 10 minutes. Not a big fan of this whole “waiting” thing.

Upside though: there’s a bear on the packaging.

Full review here: http://theteablag.blogspot.com/2010/12/boring-tea-is-boring.html

Used to have this every night before bed. It’s a bit bland for me, but it was a nice night-time tea fix.

A very nice blend of chamomile, spearmint and lemon grass that I find enjoyable and this is coming from a person who is not that fond of flavored teas. Personally I think it is the spearmint that sets it apart or at least for me as I heavily lean toward sweeter spearmint over its stronger peppermint counterpart. The chamomile is a nice herb to help unwind with closer to bed time and the lemon grass and spearmint add some nice flavor and extra sweetness as a sugar-free alternative to honey.

Boring and bland. Rather have a rooibos before bed.

Enjoyable, spearmint very strong. Not best chamomile flavor. Cap it and let it steep a long time! some essential oils esscape if left open. no string is wierd and it kinda floats which u cant do anything about since theres no string.

worth adding to a night time tea collection

I like this infusion a lot. The herbs taste quite natural and fresh for a bagged variety. I’m also a sucker for packaging so no doubt the cute Teddy also helps…

I didn’t really purchase this for myself, but I gave it a try anyways. It was a pretty boring and dull tasting tea which almost tasted like medicine, so I didn’t really like it. It also has some kind of dryness to it since it makes my mouth dry after drinking it. I guess it wouldn’t be that bad if you tried using it primarily to make you sleep.