Honey Vanilla Chamomile

Chamomile, Honey,, Lemongrass, Licorice, Orange Peel, Roasted Chicory Root
Peach, Honey, Vanilla, Flowers
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Celestial Seasonings

“Our satisfying Chamomile tea is cherished by many as a soothing antidote for life’s complications. We’ve added the delicious flavor of creamy, nutty vanilla, along with golden honey and just a hint of refreshing orange to complement our perfect blend of Egyptian and Mexican varieties of chamomile in this relaxing herbal tea.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Probably my most drank bagged tea. Easily the best chamomile tea I’ve ever had. I like it best just to leave the bag in my cup while I drink it.

A comforting end of the day tea. Not spectacular, but nothing to complain about. I add a little extra honey to mine. The aroma is frankly the star of the show here.

Soooooo this tea!

The honey flavoring tastes genuine, and the vanilla augments it. I also taste peach notes, but I may be crazy.

This is a very good application of lemongrass. It manages to not taste like soap for once.

Well played, Celestial Seasonings.

Flavors: Peach

I love this tea so much. It is definitely my go-to tea for the evening and I love the convenience of the tea bag . I loooovee chamomile teas and this one is super delicious. It is not boring at all and the honey and vanilla add great flavor.

Flavors: Honey, Vanilla

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This was one of my favorite teas when I first started. I liked it warm and sweetened. Unfortunately I discovered I have a soy allergy and this has soy lecithin in it so I can’t have it any more :(. But it is yummy, for those who tolerate soy.

In this evening’s steep-off chez sherapop, Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile is going sniff to sniff, sip to sip against Sleepytime Vanilla.

First observation about Honey Vanilla Chamomile: the dried tea smacks very strongly of orange oil—and not without reason. Orange peel is the number two ingredient, right after chamomile! The brewed tea does not, however, taste very much like orange at all. In fact, it seems closer to a rich chamomile blend with a focus on chamomile, not the other showcased ingredients. Neither the honey nor the vanilla is very pronounced, despite the name of the blend.

I like the flavor of this infusion. It is a pleasant mint-free and somewhat hefty (probably because of the chicory and licorice) chamomile composition, which could be good news for those who find Sleepytime too spearmint heavy. Do I like Honey Vanilla Chamomile more than Sleepytime Vanilla? In a direct, side-by-side comparison, the answer is clear: No, I do not.

update: I just read my review of Harvest Chamomile, which seems to list the same ingredients as this new box of Honey Vanilla Chamomile. I am now wondering whether they changed the proportions of the ingredients, because the chamomile is much more pronounced and the honey and vanilla seem very light. Are they identical? Is my change in evaluation due to facts about me rather than the teas?

We’ll never know, because the Harvest Chamomile sample packet is depleted, so I cannot compare my new box of Honey Vanilla Chamomile with the old supply of Harvest Chamomile reviewed by me earlier, and which at the time I concluded was better than Sleepytime Vanilla!

Flavors: Flowers

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 15 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

My wife and I each had a cup of this tisane today as we watched the snow fall. We added honey and milk, and it was perfect. The sweetness and earthiness work together very well to create a balanced cup.

My absolute favorite decaf bagged tea! Absolutely delicious! It’s sweet, but not too sweet…just right!

I snagged this tea after hearing such great things about it, and boy I’m glad I did! It’s SO good! In the box, it smells like vanilla with a subtle orange smell that lingers. When brewed, the smells intensify, but the TASTE

It’s slightly sweet, and loads of soothing vanilla… And almost a coconut taste— in my opinion— which I LOVE.

No fear, if you don’t like coconut. It’s not blatant, but to me it tastes like a warmed, coconut, mixed with a creamy vanilla cream. The flavors enhance when I add just enough honey to sweeten it a bit more.

I simply boil water, and let it steep for at least six minutes. I’ve left the whole bag in my mug or tumbler before, too, and it does nothing but bring out the flavors more. I absolutely love this tea.

The name sure sounds tempting, but I find this tea to be rather “blah.” I think I can taste both the honey and vanilla, but somehow the two flavors combined end up tasting like neither. It’s not a bad tea and is quite inoffensive, but it’s nowhere near being a favorite. This one came in a Celestial Seasonings sampler pack and I won’t buy it on its own or probably even finish the tea bags I have.