Honey Vanilla Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Honey, Lemongrass, Licorice, Orange Peel, Roasted Chicory Root
Flowers, Honey, Cream, Floral, Vanilla, Artificial, Fruity, Sweet, Fruit Tree Flowers, Pleasantly Sour, Peach, Baked Bread, Butter
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Celestial Seasonings

Combining the sweetness of honey and vanilla with comforting chamomile, this herbal tea recipe benefits both mind and body.

“Our satisfying Chamomile tea is cherished by many as a soothing antidote for life’s complications. We’ve added the delicious flavor of creamy, nutty vanilla, along with golden honey and just a hint of refreshing orange to complement our perfect blend of Egyptian and Mexican varieties of chamomile in this relaxing herbal tea.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster

INGREDIENTS: Chamomile, orange peel, natural honey flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), licorice, roasted chicory and West Indian lemongrass.

Hot Tea by the Cup

Pour freshly boiled water over one tea bag. Steep 4 to 6 minutes and remove tea bag. Sweeten if desired.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Probably my most drank bagged tea. Easily the best chamomile tea I’ve ever had. I like it best just to leave the bag in my cup while I drink it.

A comforting end of the day tea. Not spectacular, but nothing to complain about. I add a little extra honey to mine. The aroma is frankly the star of the show here.

My husband bought this for me. I’m not wild about it, but it is nice break from all the straight chamomile I’ve been drinking. (I’m breastfeeding an excessively gassy baby, and the chamomile that gets into the boob juice seems to help) My two year old thinks it’s pretty good, though.

Used this to make a Chamomile latte. Used a spoon of honey, a little cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and clove. Turned out well.

Flavors: Cream, Flowers, Honey

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

So, it was cheaper to throw in a box of tea to my amazon order than to pay for shipping, so that’s what I did. This came in a sampler pack of 5, which gets my cupboard number up to 67. It’s never been that high before. As mentioned though, it’s mostly all small samples and my number will only go down from here….

This is the tea that I was most skeptical about. Reading the name, I thought it was going to be cloyingly sweet, and reading the ingredients I thought it was going to be a blast of licorice. Since the ingredients are finely ground I only steeped the bag for 1 min and it still produced a strong cup. Surprise surprise- it actually does have a bit of a honey-vanilla flavour that doesn’t seem artificial to me or is cloyingly sweet! There is also a good, basic chamomile flavour and no gross licorice taste. I really enjoyed this tea, and I got my husband to try some and he liked it too. This may be a repurchase!

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Vanilla

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Honey and vanilla taste great with chamomile! It tastes great and is relaxing as you would expect from any chamomile.

Flavors: Floral, Honey, Vanilla

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 9 OZ / 266 ML

I love the way this tea smells! And it’s a pretty color in my orange mug. But I really haven’t enjoyed this tea. I steeped it for 5 minutes in 200 degree water, but it just doesn’t have any flavor to me. It tastes slightly better than hot water. So after typing this I steeped it for 2 more minutes.
Edit: Still a no go. So I went off this (See below) that I found on Pinterest and added 3/4 cup lemonade. It’s interesting now. I get the hint of chamomile that the tea had and the sour from the lemonade. Still not my favorite because the tea watered down the lemonade. Any tips on how to drink this tea would be most welcome. I’m new to tea here.

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Backlog from March 31, 2015:

I’m terribly behind on adding my tasting notes here, but I promise I do have them all written down in my little notebook. I’m slowly working through the list. Here is a quick blurb that I wrote down but forgot to log back in March.

My husband keeps telling me that I need to try this tea because he really loved the one bag of this that he’s tried so far. It smells fantastic, like chamomile and sweet, ripe fruit. Unfortunately, it has a bit of an artificial flavor. It’s not really sweet on its own so I added a little extra honey which is also helping to improve the flavor. I’m not sure it tastes as good as it smells, but it’s still enjoyable.

Flavors: Artificial, Fruity, Sweet

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

Hmm. I don’t know what to think of this. It’s sweeter than plain chamomile, and I can taste the honey and vanilla a bit, but it has an odd aftertaste. I think I prefer plain chamomile to this.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Many, many thanks to Ost for this tea!
I had a beautiful lazy day, and this tea was a beautiful way to end the evening.
Its lovely! I’d had this once before, and now I can see that I need to hunt it out for my own cupboard.
A lovely Sunday. If only tomorrow was not Monday!