Honey Vanilla Chamomile

Chamomile, Honey,, Lemongrass, Licorice, Orange Peel, Roasted Chicory Root
Flowers, Honey, Vanilla
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Celestial Seasonings

“Our satisfying Chamomile tea is cherished by many as a soothing antidote for life’s complications. We’ve added the delicious flavor of creamy, nutty vanilla, along with golden honey and just a hint of refreshing orange to complement our perfect blend of Egyptian and Mexican varieties of chamomile in this relaxing herbal tea.”
— Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

About Celestial Seasonings View company

It’s basically honey-water. I taste no vanilla, nor chamomile.

oh my…yummmm….

i’m not big on chamomile, but this one is so smooth and just the right amount of sweetness. i don’t think i’ll ever be able to drink plain chamomile again.

Steep Information:
Amount: 2 teabags
Water: 12 ounces filtered, boiling water
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: no scent really, paper maybe
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet honey, chamomile flowers, maybe a tinge of the licorice?
Flavor: light licorice, chamomile, very watery
Body: Light
Aftertaste: none
Liquor: deep dark brown

I blame the fact these are probably a good few years old and have only been in the waxed paper bag they originally came in. I purchased them a long time ago and shoved them into the cupboard and neglected them ever since.

Perhaps 1 bag would have been sufficient, but they were so old and not scented….alas not the comforting cup I was seeking.

Out of deference to the poor conditions and age of the bag I will refrain from rating this tea, I have memories of it being a good bed time tea.

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/celestial-seasonings-teabag-herbal-tea.html

I like this tea. It’s faintly sweeter than your average Chamomile.

A very easy bagged tea for a lazy day. Has nice flavor without a bad aftertaste like some bagged honey teas. Really quite pleasant.

This tea just tastes so strange to me. I’ve tried quite a few different chamomile blends now because it helps with my heartburn, so i don’t think it’s the strong chamomile flavor that i find off-putting. The honey/vanilla flavor tastes really artificial to me. And i was worried that the tea would taste citrusy when i first opened the box and smelled an orange-y aroma, but thankfully that isn’t the case. This tea isn’t altogether unpleasant, but my hunt for a favorite chamomile continues. I think the next step will be to try pure, whole chamomile.

Yay! Chamomile with no mint snuck in! Not really picking up the honey flavor, but the vanilla goes nicely with the chamomile.

It’s a sweet tea and it’s quite good for cozying up with along with a good book and a soft blanket. For some reason, it kinda tasted like buttered toast a little bit for me…

A very light and sweet taste, it made me feel like I was in a never-ending ecstasy. Although that only lasted until the cup was gone, then it was time to make more. I am a huge fan of vanilla, honey, and chamomile, because of their light and sweet flavors, so this lived up to my expectations.

A sampler pack had a few of these bags. They smell is amazing. It’s not as herbal, more of a sweet aromatic smell that reminded me of those candies I used to enjoy during a Sunday Church Service. If you’ve never tried it, you’ll appreciate it.

This teabag doesn’t have the rope, which is perfect for my Tetsubin.