Herbal Tea
Catnip, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Eleuthero, Ginger, Hops, Lemongrass, Licorice, Natural Lemon Flavor, Peppermint
Cinnamon, Mint, Paper, Lemongrass, Licorice, Peppermint, Smooth, Tart, Lemon, Pine, Hibiscus, Floral, Flowers, Orange, Rose, Rosehips, Sweet, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by teaqueen

2 Images

• “Hello Steepster, I am back for a bit, haven’t been drinking much tea lately, trying to avoid the caffeine. I got this at Whole Foods along with a bevy of vitamins and some green juice....” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “I am attempting to finish off my box of Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer tonight. I was unable to finish everything I needed to do for my move this morning at 7am, so now I really need to relax...” Read full tasting note
    shera-pop 1737 tasting notes
  • “Bagged Aroma when Dry: minty,spicy, chewy After water is first poured: lemony, minty At end of steep: sticky sweet, bright, minty, lemony Tea liquor: At end of steep: mossy green Staple?...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes
  • “I actually really enjoy this. Like others have said, there are a lot of competing flavors in here and the only thing that I can really pick out as dominant is the lemon flavoring. It is a strange...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 172 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“This comforting blend begins with eleuthero, an Asian herb popular for centuries because of the sense of calm and well being it imparts. We’ve added cooling peppermint, spicy ginger and tangy lemons to create a remarkably uplifting herbal blend. Bring harmony to your hectic day with a cup of this flavorful and restorative tea.” — Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975.

Ingredients: Eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, chamomile, West Indian lemongrass, licorice, catnip, tilia flowers, natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), hops and Vitamins B6 and B12.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Another old school one for me. (and yes it was the box art that conned me into this one).
But it is a good tea, and as I recall quite lemoney to me.
And despite this being something that tastes of highschool nostalgia to me, I am
actually pining for a cup at the moment….b/c if I thought that time frame of my life
was tension-filled. Well, lets just say it needs mega taming now.

I recently discovered this tea and it’s one of my favorites at the moment. Definitely has a unique combination of flavors, but it’s soothing and I’m a big fan.

Boiling 8 min or more

Tension Tamer is a favorite for my mother and me, and in my opinion, it is one of the best herb teas available from Celestial Seasonings. While bagged teas are never quite as good as the full leaf alternative, they are more widely available.

I have experimented quite a bit with this tea. It is good as a hot tea, as well as iced. I have also brewed iced tea mixing this with the Republic of Tea’s Mint Fields Herb Tea. It makes an excellent summer tea: light and refreshing!

Ginger is overpowering in this tea, at least I think it is ginger… so ginger haters beware! I didn’t notice it provide any help to cope with stress, it’s just isn’t potent enough for that.

Boiling

This is a great herbal tea, and I really like it, although I admit that it does taste somewhat “medicinal”. I do like how the minty taste dances in my mouth for several seconds after each swallow, but ultimately fades to a more subdued flavor. The inclusion of B-vitamins is an added bonus!

I have been having some stress and anxiety issues lately. I was at the grocery store just looking at teas, and found this. The flavors sounded great, except for the licorice, but I thought I would give it a try. I think its tastes absolutely amazing. After the first cup, I felt very calm and focused, and slept very well. The next day, I was pretty calm, relaxed, and focused all day. I did feel the effects wearing off near the end of the day, but I was nowhere back to how I used to feel. I will be drinking a cup every night. I highly recommend it!

I was so excited to get this tea. Who doesn’t want to tame their tension? However, it tastes terrible. How do I explain this? If you took a weak chamomile tea, and spit your slightly chewed wad of Big Red Gum into it, it would probably taste like this tea. In addition to the disappointing taste, my tension is still alive and well. There is no sedative effect, no soothing sensation. Just disappointing gum water. CS peppermint is quite relaxing; I think I’ll stick with that.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Mint, Paper

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

My all time favorite tea. The flavor is just perfect. As someone who doesn’t use sugar or milk in my teas, I can’t ask for a better blend of seasonings. It’s refreshing, lemon-y, and has cat nip in it…Apparently cat nip has the opposite effect on humans as it does on cats – who knew? If you hate licorice, do not drink this as it does have a slight licorice flavor. Also subtle peppermint.

This tea also is incredibly relaxing…so much so, that I cannot have it at work unless I don’t mind dozing off!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Licorice, Peppermint, Smooth, Tart

Absolutely love this! Tastes amazing! It does what it says. Plus it has B vitamins. This will always be in my cupboard!

was looking forward to the licorice taste but never found it but a good nite time tea

Flavors: Lemon