Herbal Tea
Catnip, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Eleuthero, Ginger, Hops, Lemongrass, Licorice, Natural Lemon Flavor, Peppermint
Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Floral, Flowers, Mint, Orange, Rose, Rosehips, Sweet, Licorice, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by teaqueen

2 Images

• “Hello Steepster, I am back for a bit, haven't been drinking much tea lately, trying to avoid the caffeine. I got this at Whole Foods along with a bevy of vitamins and some green juice. It's been...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2578 tasting notes
  • “I am attempting to finish off my box of Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer tonight. I was unable to finish everything I needed to do for my move this morning at 7am, so now I really need to relax...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1373 tasting notes
  • “Bagged Aroma when Dry: minty,spicy, chewy After water is first poured: lemony, minty At end of steep: sticky sweet, bright, minty, lemony Tea liquor: At end of steep: mossy green Staple?...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes
  • “I actually really enjoy this. Like others have said, there are a lot of competing flavors in here and the only thing that I can really pick out as dominant is the lemon flavoring. It is a strange...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 171 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“This comforting blend begins with eleuthero, an Asian herb popular for centuries because of the sense of calm and well being it imparts. We’ve added cooling peppermint, spicy ginger and tangy lemons to create a remarkably uplifting herbal blend. Bring harmony to your hectic day with a cup of this flavorful and restorative tea.” — Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975.

Ingredients: Eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, chamomile, West Indian lemongrass, licorice, catnip, tilia flowers, natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), hops and Vitamins B6 and B12.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Another old school one for me. (and yes it was the box art that conned me into this one).
But it is a good tea, and as I recall quite lemoney to me.
And despite this being something that tastes of highschool nostalgia to me, I am
actually pining for a cup at the moment….b/c if I thought that time frame of my life
was tension-filled. Well, lets just say it needs mega taming now.

I recently discovered this tea and it’s one of my favorites at the moment. Definitely has a unique combination of flavors, but it’s soothing and I’m a big fan.

Boiling 8 min or more

Tension Tamer is a favorite for my mother and me, and in my opinion, it is one of the best herb teas available from Celestial Seasonings. While bagged teas are never quite as good as the full leaf alternative, they are more widely available.

I have experimented quite a bit with this tea. It is good as a hot tea, as well as iced. I have also brewed iced tea mixing this with the Republic of Tea’s Mint Fields Herb Tea. It makes an excellent summer tea: light and refreshing!

Ginger is overpowering in this tea, at least I think it is ginger… so ginger haters beware! I didn’t notice it provide any help to cope with stress, it’s just isn’t potent enough for that.

Boiling

This is a great herbal tea, and I really like it, although I admit that it does taste somewhat “medicinal”. I do like how the minty taste dances in my mouth for several seconds after each swallow, but ultimately fades to a more subdued flavor. The inclusion of B-vitamins is an added bonus!

This tastes herby and it has a peppery bite to it, and then the aftertaste tastes like those Lemonhead candies.

Functional more than pleasurable to drink, to be honest. It will relax you about as well as a small glass of wine— no exaggeration. But it’s not the yummiest thing ever.

I love this tea. It’s a lovely and unusual herbal tea. It has quite a few ingredients, a number of which are pretty unusual (catnip?), so I have no idea what it is that comes out in the flavour, but it manages to be both perfectly soothing and also somehow… almost spicey, but not in a traditional sense. In any case, it’s lovely. Also, I loooove the picture on the box. Plus the name is cute. I pretty much try to have this one in my tea cupboard at all times.

I love tea but I’m usually having to ignore the unpleasant taste of not of them. This tea by far is the best tea I’ve ever had, I love it! I don’t see myself buying a different one.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Hibiscus

This tea… It’s not for me. It’s very, very sweet. It’s minty. It’s lemony. It’s got a warmth from the cinnamon in it, but it’s cooling due to the mint. I don’t know. It’s not horribly offensive, I just don’t love it.

Nice and sweet, hint of mint. A bit more mild than I prefer, but still a good tea. I like to mix it with Bigelow’s or Twining’s Chamomile tea or Bigelow’s “Sweet Dreams” for when I’m going to bed.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Mint, Orange, Rose, Rosehips, Sweet