Herbal Tea
Catnip, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Ginger, Hops, Lemongrass, Licorice, Natural Lemon Flavor, Peppermint
Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Floral, Flowers, Mint, Orange, Rose, Rosehips, Sweet, Licorice, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cornflake

2 Images

• “Hello Steepster, I am back for a bit, haven't been drinking much tea lately, trying to avoid the caffeine. I got this at Whole Foods along with a bevy of vitamins and some green juice. It's been...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2420 tasting notes
  • “I am attempting to finish off my box of Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer tonight. I was unable to finish everything I needed to do for my move this morning at 7am, so now I really need to relax...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1096 tasting notes
  • “Bagged Aroma when Dry: minty,spicy, chewy After water is first poured: lemony, minty At end of steep: sticky sweet, bright, minty, lemony Tea liquor: At end of steep: mossy green Staple?...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes
  • “I actually really enjoy this. Like others have said, there are a lot of competing flavors in here and the only thing that I can really pick out as dominant is the lemon flavoring. It is a strange...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 169 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“This comforting blend begins with eleuthero, an Asian herb popular for centuries because of the sense of calm and well being it imparts. We’ve added cooling peppermint, spicy ginger and tangy lemons to create a remarkably uplifting herbal blend. Bring harmony to your hectic day with a cup of this flavorful and restorative tea.” — Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975.

Ingredients: Eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, chamomile, West Indian lemongrass, licorice, catnip, tilia flowers, natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), hops and Vitamins B6 and B12.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Minty and very relaxing. Eluthero very calming, and I actually sometimes use as a meditation aid. Awesome tea!

Ah, Tension Tamer. You may not taste the best (invariably better than the last cup of tea I had, mind you), however you do ease my tension amazingly well, and for whatever reason I craved you tonight. Welcome back to my cupboard, yet again.

K S

I have not seen this on the shelf before. I will be paying more attention. The list of ingredients appeals to me much more than sleepytime extra. I really don’t care much for the spearmint in that one. Wonder how the two would taste together….

MissB

This is a weird mix, and it’s hard to describe. I do find it very relaxing though. There’s always some on the shelf here if you want me to send you some to try out.

gmathis

It’s been a while since I’ve had it…believe I remember it was very lemon-minty.

K S

At least it is peppermint with this one. I have to keep an eye out for it,

Suziqzer

K S, I’m sure I’ve seen a location grocery store carry this one. I have yet to try it, too many other boxes of tea in my cupboard!

Really, really good tea. The ginger is subtle, but gives the cup a little “jazz”.

175 °F / 79 °C 4 min, 0 sec 7 OZ / 200 ML

One of my favorite teas. It has such a unique flavor, and it’s sweet enough that it doesn’t need any honey.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

an awesome tea! i can really taste the peppermint and lemongrass :) im not sure how it relaxes you, but it does work a little bit

Yummy, and quite relaxing – though I can’t seem to find it anywhere now :(

Maybe it’s the placebo effect, but I swear this tea does make me more relaxed to the point of sleepiness. Learned the hard way not to drink it at work! But it’s so hard to resist sometimes because it tastes oh so delicious! Great bagged herbal tea that tastes like the ingredients and is exactly the thing you want before bed or after a long day on your feet. Even the smell puts a half-loopy smile on my face. Love it. On par with my first celestial seasonings love, honey vanilla chamomile.

While not my favorite, I purchased it for a nice herbal means to quell my over thinking. What can I say? It does the job.

Absolutely wonderful tea! I love it! It smells so minty and fresh! I have a bad sore throat right now and this tea hit the spot! I love it! The taste is amazing as well. It slightly reminds me of Sleepy Time. Can’t wait to drink more!

My wife came back from the store with this after we had a real stormy fight. Cheryl’s always doing things like that – little presents for people. Anyone at all. She’s the kind of woman who gets her postman a Christmas present. I don’t know how she’s put up with me, a sour old crab with so much bile in his stomach it started to hiss and spit and burn itself. This tea has some traditional Oriental calming medicine, and I think it works. Might be related to poppies, if you catch my current (hehehe). You mainly taste some mint, chamomile, all those gardeny herbs. I hope Cheryl doesn’t have to buy it again though.