Herbal Tea
Catnip, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Eleuthero, Ginger, Hops, Lemongrass, Licorice, Natural Lemon Flavor, Peppermint
Cinnamon, Hibiscus, Floral, Flowers, Mint, Orange, Rose, Rosehips, Sweet, Licorice, Lemon Zest
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by teaqueen

2 Images

• “Hello Steepster, I am back for a bit, haven't been drinking much tea lately, trying to avoid the caffeine. I got this at Whole Foods along with a bevy of vitamins and some green juice. It's been...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2541 tasting notes
  • “I am attempting to finish off my box of Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer tonight. I was unable to finish everything I needed to do for my move this morning at 7am, so now I really need to relax...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1289 tasting notes
  • “Bagged Aroma when Dry: minty,spicy, chewy After water is first poured: lemony, minty At end of steep: sticky sweet, bright, minty, lemony Tea liquor: At end of steep: mossy green Staple?...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes
  • “I actually really enjoy this. Like others have said, there are a lot of competing flavors in here and the only thing that I can really pick out as dominant is the lemon flavoring. It is a strange...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 171 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“This comforting blend begins with eleuthero, an Asian herb popular for centuries because of the sense of calm and well being it imparts. We’ve added cooling peppermint, spicy ginger and tangy lemons to create a remarkably uplifting herbal blend. Bring harmony to your hectic day with a cup of this flavorful and restorative tea.” — Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975.

Ingredients: Eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, chamomile, West Indian lemongrass, licorice, catnip, tilia flowers, natural lemon flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), hops and Vitamins B6 and B12.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I always have this tea at home. It’s refreshing and soothing at the same time. A very nice herbal blend that always makes me feel better.

My first tea (or tisane, rather). Best with honey and a good book.

With Eleuthero, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, chamomile, West Indian lemongrass, licorice, catnip, tilia flowers, and natural lemon flavor this is a cup I enjoy as a calm-inducer more than a tasty treat. It does cause your thoughts to be as pure as a misty mountain top, even if I don’t enjoy the taste of some of the ingredients.

I’ve been drinking this on and off for a couple of years now and it’s pretty good if you don’t oversteep (a very bad habit I’m trying to break). My taste buds are a little on the stubborn side, but the mint, chamomile, and eluthero ginseng are the strongest flavors to me. Honestly, I love simply smelling the steam of a freshly brewed cup more than drinking it.

Another Celestial Seasonings favorite. Great flavor, and very soothing. i use this as a “comfort” tea.

bleh. not my favorite. too many different flavors that don’t mix well, in my opinion.

Love it. Not as minty as most “relaxing” teas, subtle overall. A nice change of pace from chamomile, too.

I’m not a big fan of cinnamon, but I liked it. Not sure about the tension taming attributes though, I guess I’ll have to drink it again tomorrow and see if it does the trick.

Soothing nerves and getting my B vitamins before my interview today.

This is my favorite tea to drink before going to work. It’s very relaxing and I believe it does as describes — it tames my tension. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of agave nectar.