Mandarin Orange Spice

Fruit Herbal Blend
Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

From Celestial Seasonings

“Mandarin orange spice is a deliciously exotic and aromatic blend of fruit, herbs and spices that transport tea drinkers to alluring Asian destinations with every sip.” – from side of the box.

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

Ingredients:
Orange peel, hibiscus, roasted chicory, rosehips, blackberry leaves, chamomile, hawthorn, cinnamon, natural mandarin orange flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), cloves and coriander.

Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free

Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

made another soy latte today. i got frustrated that there wasn’t enough flavor and so my vigorous stirring tore apart the tea bag. since i would have to filter it anyway, i heated up the resulting cup to get extra flavor.

so in the end, it tasted pretty good, but i would hate to have to sift my latte every time just to get enough flavor. =/

Lovely and sweet and spicy and comforting. Like most fruit teas, it will curdle milk, but I do have memories of drinking it with some kind of milk (dairy or not) which made for a comforting, mild drink perfect for late in the evening on a misty autumn day.

I’d love to give a more detailed description of the taste, but my Mom keeps beating me to this tea. She loves to make iced tea out of it and that uses up 4 or 5 bags per pot. I’m not a big fan of fruity teas but my memory is telling me that this one is exceptionally good and not too sweet or syrupy. There is a video about it on YouTube by someone who perhaps is a little too fond of this tea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de0NcRmxVwI

I really enjoy this tea. The spices aren’t very strong, but it has a lovely sweet orange flavor. It doesn’t taste artificial to me at all. I drink it plain, with chai spices, and in a variety of homemade blends, and enjoy it every time.

Flavors: Orange

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I honestly don’t understand why so many people like this tea. It has this awfully sweet, almost syrup-y taste, and – much like Celestial Seasonings’ other fruit-flavoured teas – it doesn’t suit those without a sweet tooth.

I was diagnosed with acid reflux and had to give up coffee and black tea. Then, I had to give up green tea. I was stuck with herbals. But, there are many easy to drink ones out there, and I added this to my list. Thankfully, my stomach is healing and my world of tea is opening back up. I am loving oolong currently, but this herbal is one of my go-to tisanes for an evening cup (I’m sensitive to caffeine in the evening). Easy to drink, not super interesting, but not bitter. Pleasant.

Drank this Friday night to wind down. Definitely more zesty than soothing.

Backlogging a bit, I’ve had 2-3 cups in the past week. I cannot get enough of this tea! This is certainly not a sickeningly-sweet orange tea, which pleases me immensely.

artificial smell.. mild orangy mandarine hibiscus spice flavour. Partly artificial taste. meh

A standby in my house growing up. However, it’s not quite up to my current tastes. The thing that disappoints me most about it is that it’s inconsistent! Might be just the box I have, but within the box it seems like each bag brews a different flavor even when brewed under identical conditions. Some of the brews were exceptionally bold (maybe too bold, but enjoyable). Some of them might as well be dishwater. It’s never bad-tasting, though, but jeez.