Mandarin Orange Spice

Fruit Herbal Blend
Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

From Celestial Seasonings

“Mandarin orange spice is a deliciously exotic and aromatic blend of fruit, herbs and spices that transport tea drinkers to alluring Asian destinations with every sip.” – from side of the box.

All Natural:
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

Ingredients:
Orange peel, hibiscus, roasted chicory, rosehips, blackberry leaves, chamomile, hawthorn, cinnamon, natural mandarin orange flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), cloves and coriander.

Caffeine Status:
Naturally Caffeine Free

Gluten Status:
Gluten Free

About Celestial Seasonings View company

I’ve been eying this stuff for a while now and just finally bought it recently, and I was honestly shocked at how good it is. I steep mine for quite a while, until it gets fairly dark, and (to me) there’s no bitterness to it. With a little bit of sugar, this stuff is absolutely excellent, especially when you’re dealing with an annoying scratchy throat. My only issue with it, and this might be my mugs or something, is that it gets cold really freaking fast.

Hmm. Having some now a few minutes after finishing a container of lemon-flavored yogurt. The sugar in the yogurt is making the tea taste like nothing, although the scent is still delightful. Must remember this. Leaving bag in mug to continue cold-steeping.

When I was at my parents’ house the other day, I gave this a try again. Not bad, but it’s not one that I’d get for my cupboard.

I’m not usually one for hot fruit tea, but this one is all right. It smells wonderfully spiced with a bit of orange, but the flavors are reversed with a little more orange than spice. It’s drinkable, but still not one that I would drink often.

I’m beginning to notice a trend with CS mandarin flavored teas. They all have an underlying bitter note that you have to cover up with sweetener/milk/etc. This one wasn’t as bad as the decaf mandarin green by the same company, but it wasn’t stupendous. I wouldn’t repurchase. I have to add coconut milk and stevia to make it more palatable. I really like drinking my tea plain when I can. This tea doesn’t allow for that.

Did like this quite a bit. I’m usually not quite into orange-flavored teas, but the spice definitely does it for me!

Strong, distinct mandarin orange flavor. Not bad at all!

This clovey, orangey blend was one of my favourite teas when I was a kid, but I think the formula, or my tastebuds, must have changed – the last time I bought a box I found it quite overpowering and less satisfyingly complex.

I love to turn to this tea in the fall. It just goes well with spice cakes and the brilliant colors of the turning leaves. The exotic mandarin orange flavor in a hot tea is just what I need to put a little warm back into the shortening days.

My last tea bag. It’s sooo spicy and yummy, I love it.

I’ve already had a cup of coffee today, and am looking to balance it out with the citrus aromas of one of my favorite Celestia Seasonings teas…