Herbal Tea
Peppermint, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

• “I've been drinking this one almost exclusively for the last week and a half due to a life-long digestion issue that has become more and more intense and disturbing. Because of this...I have...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I steeped this for a good long while, and it came out really nice and strong. Very calming on the stomach, and a soothing herbal for the night. I happen to love the menthol feel that peppermint tea...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes
  • “Confession first: this isn't Celestial Seasonings; it's looseleaf bulk from the local herb & indie grocery, but I'm too lazy to poke through 64 pages of peppermint brands trying to find what...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1772 tasting notes
  • “Bizarre. This came in the herbal sampler pack. My friend bought it for when DEV came to sing at our school, but DEV didn't want it, so she gave it to me instead. I didn't really know what I...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“The aromatic Oregon- and Washington-grown peppermint we’ve selected for this tea tastes so fresh and delicious that it requires no accompaniment – it’s the only ingredient here. Once reserved for exclusive use in cakes and candies, the whistling cool freshness of pure peppermint from the great Pacific Northwest is yours to enjoy in this comforting brew.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

The only thing my aching stomach could tolerate today.

Rena Sherwood

Hope you feel better.

I still had a couple of bags of this tea hanging around in the kitchen from the days before I discovered loose leaf tea. Since I’ve been sick this week, I decided this was a good time to use them up. And I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this was. According to the ingredients list, it’s pure peppermint leaf with no additives. And it steeps up nice and smooth with a true mint flavor. It’s not something I’d reach for every day, but it’s a great comforting herbal for when you’re sick. I may just have to re-stock on this one!

Flavors: Peppermint

TeaBrat

For herbals, Celestial Seasonings is pretty good I think

With the colder weather coming, I’ve been in the mood for a mint tea. After trying Stash’s peppermint and feeling somewhat disappointed with the mildness of it, I decided to give this one a try. I’m a fan of Celestial Seasonings, so what could it hurt to try, right?

Upon opening the box, I was hit with the most wonderfully crisp, minty scent. I could barely wait to drink it! The taste of the tea was just as minty and cooling as it smelled. It was comforting and perfect for winter. As I sipped it, and even now, I can’t think of a bad thing to say about this tea. It’s really great, despite being a bagged grocery store tea.

If you’re looking for a strong, refreshing peppermint tea, definitely give this one a try! You won’t be disappointed.

Flavors: Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I always keep peppermint tea in my cupboard, and I would definitely recommend that anyone new to herbal teas give it a try. It’s a solid, everyday sort of tea for me, and I’m not too picky about where I get it from. Celestial Seasonings is as good as anywhere else. Keep in mind that most brands of peppermint will get bitter if you oversteep it.

Flavors: Mint

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve been drinking this one a lot lately because I feel like it helps my sore throat a bit. My allergies have come into full swing now that it looks like Spring is finally here in Michigan. Which also means I am a miserable wreck. I made up a pitcher of this to put in the fridge, just to see if it would be any good cold to take on the go. I’m just having my first cup of this and it’s much better than I expected it to be. To be honest I thought it wouldn’t be all that good, so the fact that it is palatable makes me happy.

Any suggestions on a nice vanilla-mint tea? That’s the one thing having this tea, as well as the vanilla orchid oolong (David’s,) is making crave: a vanilla-mint tea. mmmm

I love this one because it’s JUST peppermint. You can steep it for a crazy long amount of time and it doesn’t taste too strong. It’s great for running out of the house in the morning and heading to work, because it tastes just as delicious once it cools down as it does nice and hot. Also I toured the Celestial Seasonings factory and got to smell their amazing peppermint room a few years ago, and that scent never leaves your memory.

I always keep a box of this in the kitchen. It’s great for calming nerves and stomach problems.

This is my cheap and dirty bagged tea of choice. Minty, clean tasting, noticeably alleviates indigestion. I usually put 2 bags in one mug because I find it otherwise kind of weak. Stands up well to lazy steeping, i.e. pouring whatever-temperature-is-in-the-kettle and letting it steep anywhere from 4 to 10 minutes. You do have to drink it while it’s still hot though, or it starts tasting a bit hollow and gritty.

Really basic but super minty. I make iced tea with this regularly.

I find this to be much more enjoyable than the lipton peppermint. It has a much more distinct flavor that isn’t too overpowering. I’ve made this tea multiple ways before, but it seems to taste better when it is made with bottled water apposed to the tap. Living in Chicago we have very good tap, but it is better when bottled water is used.