2002 Fu Cha Ju Ailaoshan Zhuan Ripe 250g

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Chawangshop
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 oz / 100 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “i got a sample recently and decided to try last night. This tea is really good. it has no storage smell or taste. at all. just aged ripe shou, extremely clean but i wouldnt say its flat . its...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 455 tasting notes

From Chawangshop

This high quality aged ripe brick is made of spring large-leaf varietal arbor tea from Ailao mountain. Ailao mountain is one of high mountain in Simao area. Material is more select than Ai Lao Shan Tuo – more buds. Very clean red-wine color liquor, smooth and sweet taste ! The brick is packing in original FuChaJu paper – but it´s wrapper for cake, not for brick, and in plastic film – original Fu Cha Ju way for packing puerh teas.

About Chawangshop View company

1 Tasting Note

i got a sample recently and decided to try last night.
This tea is really good. it has no storage smell or taste. at all. just aged ripe shou, extremely clean but i wouldnt say its flat . its rich,creamy, fruity( more like red fruits),some malt and super clean. its a pure pleasure to drink 2002 tea without any mustiness or fermentation flavors. if only Chawang shipping wasnt that tricky.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Indigobloom

Sounds delish. How many infusions?

boychik

I lost count. Had sessions over 2 days. 15? Maybe. I use almost 8g for 100ml and I tend to have very short steeps. So it lasts longer I think

Indigobloom

Oh wow. I always worry about the leaves going bad after keeping them out for more than a few hours. In my tea class they said it shouldn’t stay out more than 8 as that was when the bacteria levels spike. But nothing was said about the leaves, just the tea!!

boychik

Ok, I do save leaves all the time. Never had any going bad. Now that it’s hot and humid I take it out on a saucer and spread and let it dry. In winter months I was leaving it in Gaiwan or Yixing. My winter temps never higher than 66-68F. I don’t like to put steeped leaves in a fridge. It doesn’t taste good after. I always hit with boil water so no problem.

Yeah I’ve tried the fridge thing too. Awful haha