2008 Guan Zi Zai Manzhuan Xiao Zhuan Cha Raw 50g

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Esteban Rivas

• “Highly aromatic brick. I have found Manzhuan to be a reliable place for me to find products of great enjoyment to my taste. Man Zhuan is a higher mountain area in the Yi Wu mountains. It is...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 227 tasting notes
  • “A nice brick, wonderful smell. Rather young but perfectly drinkable. I have tried twice so far, still trying to find proper words how to describe the taste: softer in taste, stronger in effect,...” Read full tasting note
    estebanrivas 21 tasting notes

From Chawangshop

Manzhuan is one of the old six famous tea mountains in Xishuangbanna. The tea leaves are more dark green than Yiwu area tea. 2008 spring un-broken sun-dried large leaves material from Manzhuan area, 2009 pressed into small 50g brick and pack 10 bricks in bamboo wrapper.

Yellow color sparkling tea liquor with heavy plums aroma, slightly bitter on the tongue surface, mellow, thick and smooth taste, Huigan quickly, in certain aspects, it is similar to Yiwu tea.

About Chawangshop View company

Highly aromatic brick. I have found Manzhuan to be a reliable place for me to find products of great enjoyment to my taste. Man Zhuan is a higher mountain area in the Yi Wu mountains. It is another one of the six famous tea mountains of ancient times located in Xishuangbanna, Yunnan province. Trees of 100 years and older grow organically on Man Zhuan mountain surrounded by natural forest. This brick is a little dark beauty.
The aroma of the dry leaves is pleasingly sweet and offers the characteristic floral scent of Yiwu teas. Began in my usual manner – two quick rinses and then let the wet leaves sit for at least 30m before I prepare the first steeping for tasting. The clear deep gold colored tea soup presents full and thick flavor with a salivation inducing effect. Sweet and buttery hay or grass overtones with a slight stone fruit accent are detected in the early sips. Active on the tongue and throughout the mouth. Produces a nice chaqi. I’m four steepings in and I’ll continue working with the leaves tomorrow.
In summary, this is a smooth tea, not overly aggressive or strong. Deep honey colored tea liquor which yields a thick soup with a smooth, rounded mouthfeel. Nice huigan which leaves a persistent sweetness in the throat. Thick, buttery mouthfeel, with the perfect blend of honey sweetness and bitterness. A comforting and enjoyable puerh brick and a solid tea for the price ($4.10 for a 50g 6+ year old brick).

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 4 OZ / 110 ML
Stephanie

Sounds great :)

DigniTea

Yes, seems nice to me.

Cwyn

Agreed on Manzhuan, have had several and I can reliably expect to like.

A nice brick, wonderful smell. Rather young but perfectly drinkable. I have tried twice so far, still trying to find proper words how to describe the taste: softer in taste, stronger in effect, resembles gentle green tea with some floral scent. Still experimenting with steep time and temperature.