2013 Chawangpu Gao Shan Liu Shui

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tea123
7 g 3 oz / 100 ml

• “2013 Chawangpu “Goa Shan Lin Shui” Yiao Bing Cha – Chawangshop 26/25 g :) My first order to Chawangshop. Price: £3.33 ($5) / 25g Summary: Bright, fresh sheng which gets astringent too...” Read full tasting note
    tea123 91 tasting notes
  • “Got a sample of this with my recent Chawangshop order, based on a positive review from the Half Dipper. It is indeed a power pu, nice and thick, some real bitterness at certain points in the brews,...” Read full tasting note
    RichD 192 tasting notes

From Chawangshop

高山流水 [gāo shān liú shuǐ] :lofty mountains and flowing water; — referring to the harsh reality that talent and ability can rarely meet [find] people who can really appreciate them.

These cakes are a blend of the high mountain ancient tree tea from Mengku and Menghai area. The Menghai materials came from 2012 spring harvest and were matured for a year in Kunming, then blend with 2013 early spring tea from Mengku East Mid-levels.

The tea has a strong taste, fresh, delicate mouthfeel, both powerful and balanced.

About Chawangshop View company

2013 Chawangpu “Goa Shan Lin Shui” Yiao Bing Cha – Chawangshop

26/25 g :) My first order to Chawangshop.

Price: £3.33 ($5) / 25g

Summary: Bright, fresh sheng which gets astringent too quickly. Plain and straighforward. Plantation tea taste. I looked at the price for a 200g cake – £30 ($45). I believe that is a little high.
I agree with Rich’s review of this tea, although I am not sure I would interpret Hobbes’s review as that positive.

Dry: My sample is the part from the bing hole. Brown and grey leaves. Med compression. Bright concentrated herbal.

Wet: Bright fruit. A ‘Jing Mai’ aroma: fresh and vibrant.

Rinse: Light golden.

5s – Light yellow. Full and soft in the mouth. Sweet floral.

15s – Light yellow. Very, very sweet. Long, sweet, very slightly astringency in the finish. Not a thick liquor. Tastes very much like 2007 Mengku Mu Ye Chun from Dragon Tea House. Astringent and mouth drying finish.

7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Got a sample of this with my recent Chawangshop order, based on a positive review from the Half Dipper. It is indeed a power pu, nice and thick, some real bitterness at certain points in the brews, and good flavor, though not outstanding. It gives and gives. I liked it, though not enough to order a cake. I’d recommend giving it a whirl if you order from them.