Golden Yunnan

Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Chi of Tea

New! Organic Royal Golden Yunnan! Delicately twisted leaves with a high concentration of golden tips distinguishes this tea from other black teas. A full-bodied infusion deep red with a honey-like sweetness, a subtle milkiness and light coppery finish.

Yunnan tea, also known as Dian hong steeps a reddish brown after brewing. Golden Yunnan is characterized by a bright red color, a subtle flavor and a sweet taste.

About Chi of Tea View company

This is so reliable. So soothing on stressful mornings. Yum!

Fantastic Yunnan. Lots of flavor. Sweet, floral, fruity, and with a nice spiced undertone. Incredibly smooth. It has a hefty flavor to it, like it’s got what it takes to get me going.

This, as well as every tea that I clicked on at the Chi of Tea website is out of stock. I hope this does not mean that Chi of Tea is out of business, because they really do provide wonderful teas, including one of my favorite (probably my #1 favorite) yellow tea. If anyone else has any information about this company, please comment and let me know.

So it is possible to ruin a chinese black through oversteeping. 45 minutes should do it. Poor thing rendered undrinkable.

Why do I not have a rating on this? I’ve had it before, I know I have because I had two samples of it at one point. I had one left now, which I’ve ruined, but I must have had an opinion on the first one… Odd.

Very, very nice & Smooth – a highly enjoyable black tea.

The scent of the tea when dry is lovely. It’s slightly earthy smelling, but without the pu-erh smell that I dislike. Perhaps mossy is a better word.

205/2 min. Now, it smells just like the tea that I used to drink as a child with my mom. It’s taste is smooth, not bitter, not astringent, just pleasant. It’s a nice morning tea, however, I’m not tasting any natural sweetness in the tea, though, which is always a pleasant surprise.