Red Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Backlog: I've tried a few rooibos chai blends out there, some I've liked, some I haven't ... this one is one that I definitely liked. A really good rooibos chai. The anise really comes...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From Chico Chai

African Red Tea (Rooibos) and exotic organic spices are hand-blended to create this naturally caffeine-free herbal chai. Blended in small batches, by hand in Chico, California. Only Organic Ingredients and Fair Trade Organic teas are used to make Chico Chai.

Instructions:
Steep Chico Chai in a tea ball, french press or teapot for five minutes for a quick cup of spiced tea, or simmer on the stove top for a stronger flavor. (Complete instructions included on package)

- See more at: http://chicochaitea.com/shop/red-chai-loose-leaf/#sthash.fLhaegl6.dpuf

About Chico Chai View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlog:

I’ve tried a few rooibos chai blends out there, some I’ve liked, some I haven’t … this one is one that I definitely liked. A really good rooibos chai.

The anise really comes forward in this chai, then I notice the cinnamon and pepper/ginger. The rest of the spices are more of a “spice medley” on the palate, and it is more difficult to pick out the individual flavors. But I am enjoying the way the flavors all come together.

The vanilla is especially nice here, because it gives an undertone of creaminess without adding dairy, which is something I don’t like to add to rooibos chai blends because rooibos is so thin … milk will just … overwhelm the flavors.

Warm and cozy!

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/10/18/loose-leaf-red-chai-rooibos-blend-from-chico-chai/