Black Pearl - Handmade Dragon Balls

Chocolate, Honey, Malt
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “3/28 Sipdowns *missB* sent these my way and i apparently forgot to write a note when i had them before. I'm sending 1 of these babies over to Terri to try out since i think she might have fun...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “Well, I royally messed up the steeping of this. According to the directions on the bag (which differ from the website): 2g in 150mL for 30-60 seconds at 158-176F for the first few infusions, and...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1116 tasting notes

From Chinese Tea Shop

Name: Black pearl tea
Origin : Yunnan, China (Mainland)
Grade : Good
Weight : 100 grams( 3.5 OZ )
Suggested Usage:
(1)Glass Cup: 9.5cm in height, over 6.5cm in diameter.
(2)Water: 90 degree boiling, after dropping tea in.
(3)After 2-3 minutes’ flower blooming, then drink it.
This ia a hand shaped Chinese black tea. Pearls are black tea leaves that are hand-twisted and dried into a little tea ball. When steeped in hot water, the tea ball slowly unfurls its leaves into a blossom right before your eyes in glass cup or tea pot. This tea has a bold coppery-red color, chocolate-like aroma and fine flowery, sweet flavour, with a complex and satisfying finish.
Made with organic, green and pollution-free tea.

This fragrant and rare hand-rolled tippy black tea from the Yunnan province unfurls to release a smooth-bodied taste with sweet, chocolaty, and malty undertones.

About Chinese Tea Shop View company

3/28 Sipdowns

missB sent these my way and i apparently forgot to write a note when i had them before. I’m sending 1 of these babies over to Terri to try out since i think she might have fun with it :) I really like the way these look as well as the honey sweet chocolatey taste they produce. While i tried it the way the store recommended, i found i most enjoyed it when i use longer steeps :) thanks for letting me try these missb!

Handmade Dragon Balls? .

they’re like bigger dragon pearls lol

MzPriss

Dadgummit – it didn’t show all my characters – I was trying to make raised eyebrows LOL

MzPriss

So you’re saying “BIG Dragon Balls?”

i’ve seen bigger cough but yes…those balls are pretty big

That cracked me up

Sarsonator

Well this convo woke me right up!

talking about balls has a tendency to do that… they’re just so tasty snicker

MzPriss

Especially when they’re BIG and um, “handmade”

Well, I royally messed up the steeping of this. According to the directions on the bag (which differ from the website): 2g in 150mL for 30-60 seconds at 158-176F for the first few infusions, and increasing steeping time and heat thereafter.

I weighed one of the surprisingly large balls, and it was 3.38 grams. So I plunked two into a large mug, 200F water cooled to 185F, and steeped it for two minutes. As that wasn’t strong enough, I added another minute to the steep.

This tea smells like chocolate out of the bag and even more so as it steeps. It’s got a really sweet flavor to it, almost too sweet. That’s the majority of what I got from the first steep, although when it was hotter, it had an earthy cocoa quality to it as well as a malty flavor.

Do I like this? Yes. However I need to play with it a LOT more before I can say that I love it.

Got it here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/wholesale-100g-Handmade-Black-Dragon-balls-Organic-Black-Pearl-3-5-OZ-free-shipping/487099430.html

Flavors: Chocolate, Honey, Malt

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 7 g 18 OZ / 532 ML
Ubacat

I’m really curious about some of the teas from this store! Looks like great stuff. I checked it out but everything is in huge amounts.

MissB

Oh? It was all so cheap, I didn’t notice. I can send you some if you’d like? Or, just go in with someone nearby maybe if you’d rather, it’s all so very inexpensive.

Ubacat

Oh cost wise I think it was good. It was just that you couldn’t order anything less than 100g. My tea cupboard is so full , I can’t imagine ordering 100g of even my fav tea. I would be interested in getting some samples from you on mostly the greens, whites, & puerhs (with an occasional black). If you want to swap anything with me or do it as sample surprise pack where I pay, I’m good with that.