Premium Japanese Green Tea

Earth, Seaweed, Tannic
Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I found this on sale today at the store, so I picked up one box of this, along with a box of organic genmaicha. Instead of drinking this straight up, I made ochazuke with it! I layered cooked white...” Read full tasting note
    ragashanti 92 tasting notes
  • “My green tea of choice. Absolutely amazing. The aroma is a earthy, sea weed like smell. However it's not too overpowering. It's just right. As it goes down, the seaweed flavor is in full effect...” Read full tasting note
    Bremsstrahlung 3 tasting notes
  • “I get this tea every spring. It's become a staple on those chilly, rainy days when everything is just beginning to turn green. It's one of those days today, in fact. My first cup of the season...” Read full tasting note
    amandayorke 33 tasting notes
  • “Paradoxically, although Choice Premium Japan Green tea tastes marginally better than Touch Organic Green, I have concluded that in an all-things-considered analysis, Touch wins the steep-off. In...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1103 tasting notes

From Choice Organic Teas

Tea drinking has been a healthful delight for centuries. It promotes a state of calm serenity while enhancing mental clarity, and fosters an ambiance of repose and relaxation. Choice Organic Premium Japanese Green Tea is made from the first tender leaves of the harvest season. After picking, the leaves are briefly steamed to hold their delicate flavor, rich green color, and full complement of healthful polyphenols. An absolutely superlative green tea, it is uniquely flavorful, mildly stimulating, and promotes an air of well-being.

Choice Organic Teas are certified as organically grown by an independent third party. A thorough audit trail follows the tea from the gardens of origin to your cup, and every aspect of the cultivation, handling and packaging is carefully inspected to insure the integrity of this organic product. Choice Organic Teas come from mountain top gardens tended by traditional methods. Without chemicals, our Choice tea growers practice careful topsoil management and weed control, creating a balanced environment to alleviate any agricultural problems. With expertise and very diligent care, they achieve exceptional teas. The tea bags in this package are made with unbleached natural fibers.

About Choice Organic Teas View company

I found this on sale today at the store, so I picked up one box of this, along with a box of organic genmaicha. Instead of drinking this straight up, I made ochazuke with it! I layered cooked white rice, umeboshi (pickled plum) paste, wakame seaweed flakes, and bonito flakes in a bowl, poured a cup of hot green tea over it, and then topped it with some crumbled seaweed/wasabi flavored rice cake. Umai!

Janefan

sounds wonderful!

Little Yellow Teapot

Oooo…you’re making my little teapot tummy hungry! Oh, HUMANS…make me some of this!

My green tea of choice. Absolutely amazing.

The aroma is a earthy, sea weed like smell. However it’s not too overpowering. It’s just right. As it goes down, the seaweed flavor is in full effect but its not screaming or kicking but simply making its presence known on the palate.

My only complain is that, for my own preference, I have to add a sweetener because it is be bitter plain. But that’s just me, this is a fantastic tea.

Flavors: Earth, Seaweed, Tannic

3 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

I get this tea every spring. It’s become a staple on those chilly, rainy days when everything is just beginning to turn green. It’s one of those days today, in fact.

My first cup of the season was just 8 oz and I quite like it that way. It’s a bit watered down in 12 oz. I read to boil the water, then let rest (in the kettle) for 3 minutes then to steep the tea for 2-3 minutes.

195 °F / 90 °C 2 min, 30 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

In truth, I do not recommend either of these teas, since there are much better options for filter bag sencha. Both Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha and Stash Premium Green are better and cost less than the Choice. The Touch costs one-third what the Choice costs, but the Choice is not three times better, hence the in some ways bizarre result of this afternoon’s steep-off!

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

A good basic green tea. Nothing special, I think this was bought to drink with the tonkatsu dinner I made with my boyfriend a while back, and it seemed wrong to have Chinese green tea. Haha, it’s good though, but I prefer jasmine.