Orange Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by K S

• “This one came from Tommy the Toad. The liquor is dark like a black tea and smells of orange flavoring and smoked/roasted tea (Wuyi?). There is a bit of an earthy scent. For $2.75/oz, the leaf is...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1166 tasting notes

From Christiani-Tea

This Oolong features a complex sweetness and an inviting golden infusion that is perfect with the sweet essence of orange. Also makes an exotic iced tea. Oolong tea is sometimes called a weight loss tea as it is said to raise the metabolism. Up to three infusions are possible with this delicious tea. Ingredients: Oolong tea, orange peel, and flavoring.

About Christiani-Tea View company

This one came from Tommy the Toad. The liquor is dark like a black tea and smells of orange flavoring and smoked/roasted tea (Wuyi?). There is a bit of an earthy scent. For $2.75/oz, the leaf is actually better than I expected. The flavoring is pretty much exactly what I expected from Tommy’s description. It is a bit overdone and a touch artificial in the first cup. I can’t tell if the flavor is really that far off or if maybe orange just doesn’t mix well with this highly oxidized roasted oolong. I think the addition of a little lemon to support and compliment this tea would help greatly.

The interesting thing is, the third cup is fabulous. The flavoring becomes just a tasty remnant and the oolong looses its roastiness. The earthiness that was present from the beginning resembles a mild sheng puerh – sticky lip feel and all. Orange and sheng apparently work together really well for me. I would drink this cup all day long.

I wouldn’t reorder this tea BUT based on the quality of the leaf and the great price, I would not hesitate to try some of their other blends.

An interesting side note: every time I take a sip the smell makes me think of the world food mart where I buy most of my teas locally. More accurately it reminds me of incense and hippies. Far out man.

Thanks Tommy!

Bonnie

Psychadelelicious!

K S

Right on, right on…

Bonnie

Maybe this is left over from the Summer of Love …"Are you going to San Francisco …will you wear flowers in your hair? " Oops I’m the only one on Steepster who was ALIVE then! Sob!