After Dinner Mints

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by KittyLovesTea

• “Had a little too much to eat at Easter dinner (postponed until today because we helped my sister-in-law move into her new house), so I wanted something to help settle my tummy. This seemed like the...” Read full tasting note
    adagio breeze 96 tasting notes
  • “I tried this tea 45 minutes after my dinner to freshen my breath and see if this tea lives up to it's name. Colour: Brown with a golden glow. Smell: Super minty. Taste: This tea is strong...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1075 tasting notes
  • “So, I totally thought I'd be safe drinking tea with my seafood allergy, so I usually don't make a huge point to mention it in swaps. I know there are fishy pu-er out there, but it's not actually...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Clipper

Organic double mint & fennel infusion. Perfect post pudding.
The cool, menthol taste of peppermint combines superbly with the natural sweetness of spearmint and the subtle, spicy body of fennel and ginger to provide a truly delicious and refreshing 100% organic infusion. Perfect for after-dinner.

Ingredients: Peppermint* (54%), Fennel Seed* (20%), Spearmint* (18%), Ginger Root*. *Organically grown ingredient

This is how we do it: always use fresh water, pour it over the tea bag while it’s still boiling and allow to brew for 3-5 minutes. The rest is up to you.

About Clipper View company

Had a little too much to eat at Easter dinner (postponed until today because we helped my sister-in-law move into her new house), so I wanted something to help settle my tummy. This seemed like the most suitable tea in my possession.

I’m not super keen on this. I like mint and fennel most of the time, and you can definitely taste both, but I can’t help thinking that the flavor suffered because it’s a bagged supermarket tea rather than a loose blend you’d get from a tea shop. My stomach does feel better than it did before, so that’s got to count for something.

Boiling

I tried this tea 45 minutes after my dinner to freshen my breath and see if this tea lives up to it’s name.

Colour: Brown with a golden glow.
Smell: Super minty.

Taste: This tea is strong and refreshingly minty and is definitely not for those that like subtle flavours. It’s certainly strong enough to freshen the breath after any meal and is also said to help aid digestion. The two mints combined (spearmint and peppermint) leave a full on cool minty menthol tango on the tongue that slips down easily.

If you love mint as much as I do then this tea is for you. :)

So, I totally thought I’d be safe drinking tea with my seafood allergy, so I usually don’t make a huge point to mention it in swaps. I know there are fishy pu-er out there, but it’s not actually because there is fish in it (duh). Because seriously, who puts fish in tea?

Bigelow, that’s who.

I did a tea swap (off of Steepster) and received 3 bags of Pomegranate Blueberry Herb Plus tea, which has added Omega 3. The Omega 3 is from a natural blend of oils, including tuna oil.

So, after very nearly brewing myself up a cup of potentially dangerous tea, I decided to have this. I know better than to not mention that allergy now, though.

In any case, this tea is definitely very minty, and the spearmint/peppermint blend is a satisfying cooling menthol sensation. The fennel adds a bit of licorice-like sweetness, that I thought really complimented the blend.

This is definitely not as offensive (read: toothpaste-like) as a lot of other bagged mint blends I’ve had.

Stephanie

Wow…creepy!

moraiwe

Yes! Definitely kind of a scary incident

Dustin

Whoa! I had a Teavana tea that tasted fishy yesterday. Now I wonder if they added omega to it. It is kind of baffling that anyone would want to add fish to tea. Glad you escaped the cup o death! How did you figure out it was in there? Did it smell funny?